Game-breaking lag on ragnarok

tr1p

I have huge fps drops and game freezes on ragnarok dedicated server. Highlands near thouse three mountain peaks, near waterfall on border highlands/redwood, in redwood near beavers area that one close to highlands. It's happening in small area and ends when i leave that area. Server has 64 gb ram, two opterons. It doesn't happen in single game mode. :(, help

Since the update,  at times our server would lag spike for up to 4 minutes at a time (can't access anything) 

Last night this was occurring constantly, game would work fine for a minute, then unplayable for 3 or 4 minutes. It took me 15 minutes to walk a bronto out of my base to get some berries..

Fingers crossed this gets resolved. When this game works properly it is amazing. 

One of my friends just quit ragnarok due to the lag spikes. He was midway to raising a bunch of nice dinos. He gave me the tribe so I could finish the raise (we are on the same rag server, but I quit playing due to the lag). Halfway through the rexes now and I remember why we just refresh timers on rag. The 40-60 second lag spikes and .5FPS are insane. 

17 minutes ago, OverlordRingser said:

yeah many laggs and tame cap

I agree. Tame cap is rediculous on a map the size of rag. 5500 for consoles. Don't know about pc. But, 70 players with 500 tame cap is 35k dinos. Math on wc part seems to be a bit off. We are at tame cap and can't breed so we are invading other servers to build a breeding base

On 1/31/2018 at 1:27 PM, mmart said:

I have huge fps drops and game freezes on ragnarok dedicated server. Highlands near thouse three mountain peaks, near waterfall on border highlands/redwood, in redwood near beavers area that one close to highlands. It's happening in small area and ends when i leave that area. Server has 64 gb ram, two opterons. It doesn't happen in single game mode. :(, help

This is the same spot I have horrible lag in. I tried taming a 140 female giga in the river there and both times torpor drop did not register either. Both times the giga woke up with over 80,000 torpor while torpor meter was rising. Lost over 10,000 narcotics to this stupid lag/bug. Wilcard needs to fix this crap. I have close to 2000 hours in game. I'm not a newb and can recognize when devs screw up...

Archived