Game-breaking lag on ragnarok

tr1p

Me and all my tribe mates have been experiencing the same thing for the past 2 weeks or so, getting worse every day.  We can play island or center servers for hours without lagging.  

Its literally to to the point where every 60 seconds you have at least one lag spike that will just freeze everything for 5-10 seconds.   I'm not exaggerating when I say EVERY 60 seconds.   Sometimes it stays frozen for up to 20-30 seconds.    It has become IMPOSSIBLE to play, server population dropping dramatically and nobody has interest in playing a game that lags them out constantly making them afraid to even use the Dinos we have tamed.  The only thing we die to is lag.  

I know im beating a dead horse here but it's UNBELIEVABLE that this is somehow considered ok.  Official ragnarok servers are BROKEN 

3 hours ago, JGAR320 said:

I think you're being generous. It is way worse right now! Why aren't they fixing it? Has there been any communication about it from WC? Unplayable...

I haven't seen any acknowledgement from them, no.  Other than the recent update that supposedly included some performence 'fixes' which just made it so much worse. 

Half of our tribe has quit ark completely because we literally are being FORCED to transfer over to island or center just to be able to play.   No more ragnarok for us, what a waste of time. 

cause of x2 even we had 50-60 ppl at our rag server at weekedns, not 70... but still it lags like HELL. i'm playing on EU server and it seems for me like i play ON fkn AUSTRALIA... with 250-350 ping ALWAYS... all dinos r gliched... u can't simple attack sitting on dino. i was trying to knockout a dimorph for a literally 15 MINUTES, cause he was like teleporting near me. 

More over. those lag spikes and freezes with small rollbacks as ppl said around 1 every minute. this is SO FREAKING PATHETIC. RLY PATHETIC. this WC. well done.

15 hours ago, greenslade said:

We really do need more Rag servers, not sure if it's a deeper problem than simply overpopulation but it would surely help. So many people are on so few servers - only 70 are online at any time but got to be hundreds of ppl, and their bases and tames, clogging it up.

It's not overpopulation the lag even happens at 4am when there's 20 people connected unfortunately it seems to be the map itself. 

5 hours ago, DeFF said:

cause of x2 even we had 50-60 ppl at our rag server at weekedns, not 70... but still it lags like HELL. i'm playing on EU server and it seems for me like i play ON fkn AUSTRALIA... with 250-350 ping ALWAYS... all dinos r gliched... u can't simple attack sitting on dino. i was trying to knockout a dimorph for a literally 15 MINUTES, cause he was like teleporting near me. 

More over. those lag spikes and freezes with small rollbacks as ppl said around 1 every minute. this is SO FREAKING PATHETIC. RLY PATHETIC. this WC. well done.

Yeah man it happens when there's only 20 people in server as well it never seems to be related to the population it's 24/7 on ragnarok.  We are halfway done moving to the island and it's hilarious because 70 people on island server and literally not even one bit of lag yet.   Sucks bc ragnarok is a much better map, wish it was playable. 

The only reason tribes are on ragnarok still is to take wyverns to take back to island or center.  That's literally the only reason people come on our server anymore.  Everyone has left because it's UNPLAYABLE. 

Whas has also funny is that you know for a fact at least 1 person from wildcard has read this post or others like it and still remains silent.  Support so poor it feels like ubisoft

• 3 months later...

I was browsing around to see if others got the same problem i do and it seems im finding out its the map. I'm unsure of that one.. because of these things i've noticed

- I only seem to lag when i go/move fast, IE dive, fast fly with a griffin or fast mounts (holding down sprint etc)
- When i hold T to transfer a crap load of stuff from one box to another or using the transfer all
- When i run around my base opening/closing alot of doors
- When i run around alot of animals (IE my farm)
- im MORE affected than my tribemates in general (granted their build is probably not as big as mine, but honestly my build isn't very big either) as i move a lot faster in general around my base/Griffin
- Doesn't matter where i am on the map...

Ive tried many things and some things i cant try because it would wreck the server. It's not the server itself, as i run The Island on it with no issues. We are 3-4 users TOPS on both maps.

- Ive trimmed down mods to barebone (Must have mods). Same ones as the island, which has no issues.
- I've also uninstalled battleye from the server (as previous searches indicated it could be a factor),
- Reduce the dino count and still get lag
- I lowered my gfx settings, net speed and all possible game configurations and that didn't help one bit (wasn't expecting it to resolve as i use the same settings on other maps incl. The center with no issues.
- I got a monster machine but still closed all my applications, rebooted etc still get the same symptoms.

So something is going on for sure on "rag" but there seems to be something more than just the map as it seems to be in relations to char speed IMO. I honestly thought the new update would have fixed it, however, im still experiencing the same issue. At times, its to the point where its unplayable 

anyone else see this particular problem? I call it "Speed lagging". "hey guys, im speed lagging again..."

1 hour ago, mmart said:

Can you help us?
Serwer is on linux or windows?
Do you use UDP sockets?

I presume my server host uses Linux.

3 hours ago, CookieRawks said:

I too am on a priv. server. 

What mods are you running?

S+, Resource Stacks, FertiBox, Super Spy Glass and Scorched Earth Resource Stacks

1 hour ago, botterle said:

The main problem with rag servers atm is the overspawn of deathworms in the icecave. I had like 15k spawned in there every day so i disabled them for now until they fix that in the nexr update.

was the amount of deathworms causing lag issues as well? cause that could very well explain the lag. i had no lag issues for the first 1-2 months and then it just got progressively worst overtime. 

i did a wild dino wipe this morning and tested for 30. during those 30m i did not lag. I also didnt touch my griffin either.

3 hours ago, mmart said:
3 hours ago, BloodyHarvest said:
S+, Resource Stacks, FertiBox, Super Spy Glass and Scorched Earth Resource Stacks

Can you ask your admin if you use udp sockets?

You can contact my host yourself if you have question regarding their services, they are called CitadelServers

(This isn't supposed to be advertisement btw, if this isn't allowed do tell me)

On 5.1.2018 at 7:46 PM, CookieRawks said:

was the amount of deathworms causing lag issues as well? cause that could very well explain the lag. i had no lag issues for the first 1-2 months and then it just got progressively worst overtime. 

i did a wild dino wipe this morning and tested for 30. during those 30m i did not lag. I also didnt touch my griffin either.

def. as my server isnt rly crowded (just some friends) i only "need" to restart it every 2-4 days but since that update we had bis lag problems, even after restarts so i tried to find the reason. And the reason was def the overspawn of deathworms in the icecave. Since then everything is fine.

23 hours ago, botterle said:

def. as my server isnt rly crowded (just some friends) i only "need" to restart it every 2-4 days but since that update we had bis lag problems, even after restarts so i tried to find the reason. And the reason was def the overspawn of deathworms in the icecave. Since then everything is fine.

did a dinowipe and reboot and no lag since then... 

finally, i can play rag again

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

This latest update adding the rest of the map to Xbox has just made the lag and dc's noticeably worse.

Same issue when it released on PS4. It is worse. And nobody cares at WC. Ignoring us all. We’re just refreshing timers at this point in hopes that someday rag will be playable again as the map is fantastic. 

Archived