Just another rant

ZeroSeconds

So Ark is fully released, woohooo! Yeah, no.... just no. 

We've had an interesting weekend, we started the weekend off by having constant 255 ping and dc's, unplayable. But we saw that coming because the devs felt the need to "fix" performance again. Keeps bugging me how they still haven't learned that if something doesn't solve an issue, DON'T touch it cause you'll BREAK it. happend about 95% of the time atm with the "performance fixes". Now during that 255 ping period it was virtually impossible to get meat, where the first batch of babies died (of which a thylacoleo 234 with best stats of both parents + a mutation which I'm still pissed af about). 

Than for the past 12 hours EU-PVE-Official-ScorchedEarth193 has been offline. Some of you probably have seen that the only reason I'm able to breed so much or raise in batches because I plan everything ahead. For a fully released game I think it isn't weird to expect that 1. the server will be live during the weekend and 2. that the devs don't drop the ball bigtime (again, and again, and again) by making the game litterly unplayable. This weekend was fully dedicated to my rex bloodline and I currently have 19 rex babies who should've been on 60% mature at the moment. In stead they are currently 26% matured, meaning that they will die tomorrow. 

So we've got a couple of issues here and I'm just wondering how Wild Card is going to set this straight. The first issue is: people have lost a boatload of dino's due to the pingissue at the start of the weekend. The second issue is that some (not sure which and how many but 193 is one of them) servers were unplayable for about 75% of the weekend up untill now. Does this mean I get my 19 rex's back? And what about that Thyla? What about the time lost on x2? What about the ko'd dino's before the server went offline and the people that can't make it back in time? Do we get compensation? Do we get any kind of refund? 

Here's whats going to happen: Wild Card is going to blame some one else (Nitrado) for the server being offline and it wasn't Wild Card's fault. Because after all it is not their game so not their responsibility. For refunds YOU have to contact THEM just so they can make you wait for aprox 4-14 days before you get a response. And in that response there is 1 of many awnsers, but a fair solution, nope. 

Above is ofcourse not going to happen, they're not even going to bother to reply to their player base, why should they. We already payed (educational: You can ask for a refund up untill 1.999 hours played, just make sure to note these dates of servers offline and insane pings down). I really am curious whats going to happen next, but most likely and as always nothing. 

This is actually the second weekend in a row that things went downhill for 193, last weekend lost 6 hours - missed 2 imprints on a batch of 180+ wyverns due to a faulty datacentre. This weekend 14 hours, 14! On top of that absolute lack of communication and organisation, and nobody will say "sorry" or take the fault. At this point, if I could issue a refund I'd do that and forget ARK even exists

I doubt they do rubberduck

update: So as predicted it was (ofcourse) not Wild Cards fault. It had to do with the servers in germany and appearantly there are no backups whatsoever. 

Still no word from any of the staff members on how this will be solved regarding lost dino's etc. and insurance this won't happen again

Archived