Rock Elemental Advice

TheMetalMan

I'm playing on my local single player. I've gotten me some Wyverns and stuff but I've wanted to get myself a Rock Elemental.

So far I've Killed like four elemental while trying to tame them and the others have despawned.

Is there a good area where the terrain hinders them from moving, and general tips on how to aim.

I want to use a Rocket Launcher as the cannon is very expensive and I have no tribe to back me up. And if I were to fail I fear I might be unable to move the cannon to another area.

Basically I need advice on this:

1. Good areas where to trap Golems, preferable areas that don't rely on rocks, as I tend to blow those up.

2. Any tips on how to aim because it seems that no matter where I hit it it doesn't do the Torpor animation, not even once.

3. Any other tips in General about rock Elementals are appreciated, but please don't just type "Just use a cannon those are faster", because that's not helpful to my situation. 

20171001131609_1.jpg

I tamed 4 on official just last night.. circle of metal pillars 7 high,  leave enough space to kite in golem, let it deaggro and return to rock form,  pillar in behind to trap.  I have a cannon mounted rearward on my paracer,  aim low on the face and just trial and error the rest.. gotta fail to learn sometimes..

1 hour ago, TheMetalMan said:

I'm playing on my local single player. I've gotten me some Wyverns and stuff but I've wanted to get myself a Rock Elemental.

So far I've Killed like four elemental while trying to tame them and the others have despawned.

Is there a good area where the terrain hinders them from moving, and general tips on how to aim.

I want to use a Rocket Launcher as the cannon is very expensive and I have no tribe to back me up. And if I were to fail I fear I might be unable to move the cannon to another area.

Basically I need advice on this:

1. Good areas where to trap Golems, preferable areas that don't rely on rocks, as I tend to blow those up.

2. Any tips on how to aim because it seems that no matter where I hit it it doesn't do the Torpor animation, not even once.

3. Any other tips in General about rock Elementals are appreciated, but please don't just type "Just use a cannon those are faster", because that's not helpful to my situation. 

20171001131609_1.jpg

Rocket launchers & explosives don't do any torpor. This was patched out. You have to use ballistas or cannons.

Just pin him with pillars tall enough that he can't hit you with rocks and Cannon away.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived