With the console "battle royal" craze about to hit, SOTF on consoles soon?

onedudesmind

54 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Probably not considering they've said they stopped developing it

Yeah, this right here :( Which is a shame, been dying for it to come out for ages on console. Looks like so much fun. Also how much more development does it really need ?. They seemed to put alot of effort into it, would be a shame to let that  effort go to waste

I don't think working SOTF, because everyone become fan of battle royale since suceess of PUBG apparently,  is a good idea. SOTF has its own core issues and the biggest ones were zone centered at one point/final arena, ridiculously long rounds, pathetic performance and low graphic settings giving unfair advantage. To fix those issues you have to restart from scratch, spend man power, resources and WC is already understaffed severly. 

SOTF was a side project that failed due to silent mejority of players who couldn't care less about that mode (WC admitted that on its own), completely lack of dev support, no optimisation. 

Overall, WC decision to make SOTF was irrational for me to begin with, because their main game was not near to be finished and dividing man power of 25 people to 2 games is not wise to put it mildly. 

While I think it would be a good time to relaunch SOTF along side the "battle royale" craze (ark was initially planned to launch during the "dino craze" of the last jurassic park movie, so its not such a crazy idea), the amount of work needes to bring it up to par amd meet expectations would unfortunately make them miss this window of opportunity.

SotF stil has a ton of potential and I would love to see it be relaunched eventually, but it is pretty clear that the community wants to see the main game amd story fully complete first.

Archived