Why are there no brick level doors?

Dirg

I am baffled what the point of brick buildings are in prim+. There are no explosive only doors or gates but walls and ceilings do exist. While I can marginally see some form of argument about channeling attackers by making doors and gates more vulnerable the obvious counter is the fact they already have reduced health to do that. So please someone enlighten me on what I seem to be missing.

The fact that you only have a few pieces to the brick tier is annoying. And steel to an extent too. My base on pve is walled by fence foundations with pillars and walls. I can use steel or brick pillars and brick walls but that's not gonna help a great deal when they are all sitting on top of stone fence foundations (I'm in giga territory). If I can make steel pillars (and lock boxes etc) surely a steel fence foundation should be achievable. 

More on this issue. The only brick tier modules that actually behave like a top tier building material are foundations walls and ceilings. Sloped ceilings, sloped walls, ramps etc all are damageable with a battle axe, (add metal spikes to the list of easily melee materials in decent flak easy to remove by hand). Between this and the griffons dive bomb one hitting species X in a 3x3 square and prim plus is a raiders dreamland. I played prim and now prim plus to avoid the tek tier rat race of farming. I just dont want to spend weeks grinding out bosses and gunpowder. Someone needs to address this and very soon please before it kills the game mode.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vaylain said:

I ended up having to quit the prim plus since my doors were always being busted in. It is not fun to get so easily offline raided. I just wish that they would combine offline raid protection and prim plus together into one server. At least then, I would have a chance to defend my base.

Vaylain

I agree with everyone the no Brick door sucks......one work around or thing you can do if you have the space and can space couple of foundations in front of your entrance is to make a hallway and put doors and each foundation making the would be attacker have to breach two or 3 doors before reaching the door that entered your structure.....it is a pain opening and closing all those doors but if with if you leave a present between them like tripwires or a small dino set to aggressive  in the areas between the doors you can at times join in and find some  poor fool who just gave up 

Just wall up your entrance when you log off.  Costs a bit in walls but it will cost far more to break in. 

As Dlow1962 said have airlocks and a dodo alarm (Aggressive tamed dodo and name it so it is recognizable when it's killed)  while on-line so you'll see if anyone starts to break-in and you can get back to defend.  If you make the  airlock 2 foundations long you can just place a wall in the middle of the airlock when you log off. 

Let me know if it helps.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2017 at 3:17 PM, Irons said:

Just wall up your entrance when you log off.  Costs a bit in walls but it will cost far more to break in. 

As Dlow1962 said have airlocks and a dodo alarm (Aggressive tamed dodo and name it so it is recognizable when it's killed)  while on-line so you'll see if anyone starts to break-in and you can get back to defend.  If you make the  airlock 2 foundations long you can just place a wall in the middle of the airlock when you log off. 

Let me know if it helps.

Airlocks and access points using hatch frames with a 2 or 3 tall rope ladder access helps a lot. Also the other piece to think of is making your perimeter out of brick walls attached to brick foundations, not stone fence foundations. It takes some effort but you can create a nice solid wall 5 to 7 tall of brick that will keep your enemies at bay. I have seen quite a few bigger bases where the outer wall is on something that can be destroyed with an axe. The biggest piece is getting enough brick foundations and walls built and stowed so when you start putting it up, it goes up at once. Or making a small room within of brick with the valuables in there. Yes, destroying 3 walls or ceilings is frustrating daily while you are starting out, but getting wiped or cleared out is worse. We built with each layer in our base separated and closed off. if someone was to get through the defenses and into the base, they would have to blow each level and that much effort was not ever done on our server. 

Just know that you are most likely going to be raided until that brick tier, so make a hidden 1x1 area that they don't suspect or see and load your nicer items in there. 

Archived