fanfiction ARK: Survivor Autobiography, Chapter 3

CompleteTrueWizardry

It has been three weeks since my encounter with the large snake. The Parasaur has gotten better, but is still incapacitated. I had to use some of those potent black berries to keep it unconscious, for when it awoke, it cried out in pain. I did not want the beast to suffer, nor did I want to attract even more deadly foes than that of the snake. I established a suitable living area for me, and somewhat of a cover for the Parasaur, it wasn't much, but it kept us alive. I pilled large pieces of bark, and thatch on a semi-sturdy frame of branches, and bound them together with plant fibers. It stood well, and could take quite a blow, but still proved treacherous if a storm, or large beast came into contact with it. Speaking of large beasts, last week I was dragging the serpent's body onto a table, so as to study it, when I heard a thundering sound outside, I had compiled some primitive weaponry (spears, bows, hatchets, etc.) and I grabbed a spear, and investigated. I came across a gathering of 3, elephant sized beasts with large hood-like headdresses, that resembling a Triceratops. It did not surprise me as much as one would have thought, for I had already encountered the snake and Parasaur.

When I had returned, I continued examining the snake's body, I wondered how a serpent of such size was even able to live. I used a hatchet to extract the skin, i figured it could be used for something useful in the future, and extracted some meat as well, That night, I had a delightful feast of snake steak. I was able to extract some venom from the creature, and store it in a stone basin. The venom was strong, and I figured it could prove useful for a defensive poison against my enemies.

I sat on a makeshift bed, writing down some of my findings, both with the snake, and the Parasaur, when suddenly, I heard a moaning. I knew it must be from the Parasaur, but it did not sound like the usual moans of pain. I grabbed a sack of berries anyways, and ran to it's aid. When I approached, the creature was rising slowly to his feet. I ducked away, as to not frighten him. He managed to get up, and looked around, but not frantically, he looked on as if he was in a familiar place, maybe he was aware of what had conspired during his ailments. I came out from my hiding place, and slowly crept towards him. He noticed me, and he became nervous. Me, sensing his discomfort, lifted my hand with a pile of the juiciest purple berries. I pressed forward slowly, as to not frighten him to run. He sniffed my hand for a good while, raising his eyes to see if I was preparing to harm him, and after a few minutes, he ate the berries. At that time, he had given in to me, he no longer feared me, and had accepted me as a friend, I approached him, and rubbed his head, he pressed into my hand. His head was hard, the sail-like protrusion was made of some sort of bone, or cartilage, but it was not unpleasant. That night, we both sat near the campfire, and eat good meals.

A few days of meandering about had past, and I grew restless. I was not content with my current situation, my next agenda was to explore. I grabbed some crude paper, and began marking my area, I began creating a map. The next step, was to convince my new friend to let me use him as a beast of burden, but that proved to be a difficult task. I attempted to mount him, and he bolted forward in disgust, I knew I could not just ride him bare-back. I began constructing what resembled a saddle that would fit the beast's body. There was may a try, and many a fail. Some were to loose, and some were too tight. One trial proved promising, but was missing some straps, so I used the thick snake hide to rap the seat around the Parasaur, and in a few hours, I had a working saddle. I hoisted myself up, and sat down. My friend had made little attempt against it, which surprised me, so I figured he had accepted his fate. I grabbed the reins, and I pushed on. Directing the beast was no simple task, it was quite some time before he ever listened to my commands. I called it quits for the night, and slept till morning, I woke early, and began the process again.

It was evening before I had gotten to the point of satisfaction with my driving skills, which made me anxious. I was ready to leave a day ago, and now I had to wait one more night before making leave on my adventure. I knelt down on my pallet,and started my rest, when I was stirred by a blinding light. The light shined on me like a spotlight, and my hope for man was quickly refreshed! They were here, they found me, I was free! When my eyes adjusted to the light, my heart sank for it wasn't a spotlight made by a manned search mission, but a large beam of light, descending from the sky. The beam glowed a green hue, and seemed to come from nowhere, there was no source from the ground, nor the sky, at least as far as I could see. I could see,however, a ball of light on the beam that descended slowly towards the bottom of the beam. I was curious of what the object was, so I grabbed some gear, and hopped on my Parasaur friend. We rode down the ways to the base of them beam, and by then the object was in eyesight. It was a pyramid-like box with, what seemed to be, hatches on the side. As it came closer, there were clearly floating shards rotating around the crate. I had never seen anything of the sort, it was so foreign, almost... alien. The crate came down, and it's sharp bottom dug into the ground. I moved close to inspect it> I had been right about there being hatches on the side, little doors with handles on them, it was almost as if it was sent down, like a supply drop. I moved closer, and opened a hatch, inside were an assortment of things. There was a water pouch made from hide, a couple pieces of paper, and a sack of orange powder. There were also three multi-colored lights, red, blue, and green. I grabbed the prizes from the case, and set them aside, but when I returned to investigate the lights, the crate had vanished.

Archived