New to PvE. Why do they make that effort? Build at player spawn.

ArianaGaming

Hello,

Since the release of ARK Survival Evolved we started to play PvE. We enjoy it very much and with the last updates changes I guess not much can be done by other players to other tribes, its truly PvE now. Thank you Wild Card.

That said: It seams the only bad thing people now can occupy them self with is building around new player spawn areas. Blocking the beach with behemoth and spikes. The neighbor tribe have built 8 behemoth and spikes around one of the beach spawn location.

One of the attempts despawned (auto decay destruction). So now they build again, I guess it is important in PvE to do this.

For me and my friends we do not understand it at all. Why is this so much important in PvE? Seams so much effort for nothing. So it must be something we do not understand.

They all have names like, slayer, doomsdayMachine, Evilknock and so on. I think you understand. My name is Ariana and my gamertag is the same and my ingame name is also Ariana. If they want to intimidate the wild dinos somehow. I guess they are not knowing at all. Like the environment can read, PvE.

So why is it important to block the beach so that new players spawn in somewhere else?

Are new players angry when they spawn inside someones base. I personally not at all, I spawn in again until I get to an open area.

Should I get angry that my dino needs to swim a little, not at all, the rex can now hunt under water.

We really tried but all explanations seams so mindless and plain     yea.

regards,

Ariana

Intentional spawn building is a mystery. 

When I first played Ark i spawned in and went in search of my buddy. I died a few times and eventually thought it'd be a good idea to build a place to be able to spawn back to and thus I built on a spawn point but never as an intentional ploy as i did not really understand spawn points. I kept that base for quite a while because when i finally realized it was a spawn point and what that meant it was already big and housed over a 100+ dino's.

This is why most people build on spawns. They die a few times and realize they need a safe place to be able to spawn back into. 

What you are describing sounds like people who want to blockade off an area. They don't want neighbors and so the best way to prevent that is build a base and traps that make it so people spawn into it and realize they have to die so spawn into a completely different area. 

Sorry you have to deal with them. There may be the ability to report that behavior as blocking spawns is in direct violations of WC's PvE policy. 

Even so, they have a base far away so this is not the area they spend time in. Yet it is important to them to build there.

And spawning in at the same location a couple of times gives you a new spawn area. Away from their spikes. In PvP this has been implemented for a long time back. Since people got shot by auto turrets, spawning sometimes. My auto turrets fired maybe 10 times over one month, I mean 10 bullets. And then one day, when raided, they fired all 500 each taking out many players and dinos. So to have auto turrets on a beach seams equally plain   yea.

This is a map with 8 players, I guess 3 tribes. One big base up in the snow and our neighbors. We also have on Ragnarok.

So players that are new pup up and leave because it is a low population. Since it is PvE we turned of the global chat so I do not have information about what is going on there.

Just to clarify. Choosing the same player spawn over and over will get you to a new location.

/Ariana

I could not do that. Its like disliking that Wild Card put stones on the beach that dinos can get stuck on. But I see it on several servers including Ragnarok. One tribe there on rag  declared war and wiped the base on the player spawn. I have not understood why this is an option in PvE, but it is. this is why we figured that maybe new players that spawn inside a base get angry. But if they want to have a fight. Why not play PvP from the start. So that argument does not hold up at all.

/Ariana

If this is the real reason. That we get irritated and they want us to report them. Where are these rules for PvE located? I never seen or heard of rules.

It seams like the only rule is to have a struggle, getting to the different way points in ARK, surviving and doing what we love to do. Between interruptions (pvp raids) and dino attacks in PvE and this of MYSTERIES. They are experienced players for sure.

Still they made 16 behemoth gates just for this task. 8 was lost to auto decay destruction.

So this is why we are so puzzled.

/Ariana

I also know about one PvP cluster that had the Island map set to PvE by mistake. It was a very populated cluster just for this reason it seamed. But now they changed from Island PvE to Island PvP. We transferred to the other maps in the cluster with no problem so in that case it was possible to go from PvE to PvP.

Cluster was popular as long as it lasted.

/Ariana

I think it's just too aggravate people into not playing on that server. Like if they spawn in and are already blocked in maybe they'll go to another server. I don't personally do it, so I'm not sure. Although on the legacy servers I used to play on I did have a spawn point kinda, I built my whole base in the East swamp, ya know the one South of carno island. But, who in thier right mind joins a server and thinks hey! I should spawn in the swamp! Cuz that's not totally death on Resurrection lol. Anyways there was several ways to get out of the base. As far as building with gates, we still do that even with the new updates.. still way too easy to kite wild gigas (we kite them to traps for taming) and all it would take is one server troll to plant one at your base and then you log in...... Same rules apply to scorched Earth and rock golems..

Archived