I just had an idea for egg-stealing!

RowletAlex

So I was re-watching the aberration trailer after a failed wyvern egg run, and I had an idea. I thought that one might be able to use a rockdrake to steal wyvern eggs, via using camouflage to hide from the wyverns, climb into a nest, quickly grab an egg, and then either go to another nest via gliding, or climb out and run. I'm pretty sure we will be able to increase its speed stat since it's not a true flyer, so it could become a good egg stealing mount.

Otherwise, people who don't play ragnarok will have a very hard time getting their first wyvern eggs, since no flyer other than the griffin or wyverns themselves can outrun wild wyverns (unless you have the luck of getting a Phoenix)

So, what do you guys think of this idea? Is there a flaw in this idea I have missed, or have I figured out how to get tons of wyvern eggs more easily than with even a super-speedy argy?

Just now, FluffyDinoPartey said:

if your pteras are bad of course :D

not really

what is good base stamina on a ptera fort you, and base health?

i have a ptera that had around 2200 base health, still gets killed in 1 hit from light wyvern

1 lag and you have a dead ptera

too low stamina and you have a dead ptera

better use a wyvern or griffin

yeah of course, but getting eggs or even milk with a ptera is possible, we have like 2,2k healt as you and around 900 stam - we had some dead pteras as well, but when u get decent spawns from the wyvern its possible to drag her good, just dont go for lightning basically anyway ;) (with griffin/wyvern u can tho)

You can steal eggs pretty easily with a ptera.  If you have a really good saddle bp and decent HP you can even tank 2-3 lightning blasts.  When I first started on SE a couple of my friends and I built a hut with about 15 beds in it, spikes on the roof, and filled chests with flame arrows and shotgun shells.  We would steal the eggs on the ptera then fly inside the hut and pick off the wyverns using flame arrows or shotguns.  We also kept a high speed and hp wolf in the hut to collect meat for the ptera, upload things at drops, and run to death caches.

If you have about 1.5k stam on the ptera you can basically run from one end of the scar to the middle and do 3 barrel rolls, if you're efficient.

10 hours ago, charles06 said:

How about at least having a way to make milk last longer than 4hrs? It would be great to have it last 8hr in a preserving bin instead of 4hr.

Are you using salts in the preserving bin as well?  SE has the shortest spoilage timer.  You might want to consider transferring the milk to another server to raise your wyverns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, personally, just keep a cache of Ghillie, 2 crossbow, and grappling hooks outside the Wyvern trenches, next to a bed.

Here's how I do it.

Equip full Ghillie. Go into the Wyvern trench, grapple until you find a good egg. When you have the good egg, take off your Ghillie, and just run as close as far as you can before you get killed.

Then get your spare Ghillie, crossbow, hooks. Walk up to your corpse, grab your stuff, walk out.

No need to risk tames this way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, raptorjesus666 said:

not really

what is good base stamina on a ptera fort you, and base health?

i have a ptera that had around 2200 base health, still gets killed in 1 hit from light wyvern

1 lag and you have a dead ptera

too low stamina and you have a dead ptera

better use a wyvern or griffin

What are you taking about? A ptera is all I use to steal eggs. I’ve been hit multiple times by 185 Lightning’s on it as well and have not had an issue. Might want to get better saddles and breed better pteras if you think it doesn’t work....

7 hours ago, aidan0616 said:

What are you taking about? A ptera is all I use to steal eggs. I’ve been hit multiple times by 185 Lightning’s on it as well and have not had an issue. Might want to get better saddles and breed better pteras if you think it doesn’t work....

where does it say it doesn't work? where do i, say it doesn't work

i list the risks

risks that exist, and are of less importance when you would have used griffin/wyvern

base health 2200, imprinted 100% adds +20% health
a 117 armour saddle

yet,

1 lagspike is all it needs to ruin your flight

Archived