Fan Dossier: Platyceramus!

ImpureFrost

Common Name: Giant Clam 
Species: Platyceramus platinus
Time: Cretaceous
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Passively Patient

Wild
In the wild, the Giant Clam is a very patient creature, It is usually feeding on unknowing divers or fish not realizing that they are about to be crushed by a clam, the Clam will close on any meat source and not reopen for a long time. The Giant Clam is usually showing off it's pearl to lure bait, it also sometimes has a rare black pearl which divers could kill for. Giant Clams are found lounging around the deep sea floor. I've seen the species of eurypterid hide in clams to steal their pearls.. Crabs are always around the clams trying to pry the clam open for some good meat. Which is why I'd like to keep my distance...

Domesticated
Giant Clams are not tameable. However, it's not a rare sight to see a diver swimming around the clam... After all it seems like if you give the clam spoiled meat.. It converts it into a pearl! What an extrodinary sight! The clams often trap fishes for prime fish. For some reason, When the clam shuts it stores air inside of it's shell. I've seen divers purposely go inside the clam and await for fish or just to get some air. The clam also releases bubbles from the air gathered and it seems to restore air to some divers bases that are underwater. 

Known Information
Platyceramus has really strange ridges.. As if you could bring them up to the surface with sometype of carrier. The clams provide air inside them when they shut.. And Bubbles from the platyceramus are used to provide air for players with underwater bases..

Author's Notes
I just love the platyceramus! The platyceramus could be used to contain air for underwater bases.. They could be brought up to the surface as a natural fishtank and store a rare black pearl! I would die to see this in-game so that I can see a eurypterid trying to pry the clam open! This is also my first dossier... So I apologise if it is bad. -ImpureFrost.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Poojes said:

I need to ask you something, since I always see you helping others! :P I want to make my own Dossier but I can't seem to think of the Species and Time part. How do I create a creative name? 

The platyceramus was real.. It went extinct.. Lol.. Just choose a dinosaur and go with it ;)

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 2:33 AM, ImpureFrost said:

Common Name: Giant Clam 
Species: Platyceramus platinus
Time: Cretaceous
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Passively Patient

Wild
In the wild, the Giant Clam is a very patient creature, It is usually feeding on unknowing divers or fish not realizing that they are about to be crushed by a clam, the Clam will close on any meat source and not reopen for a long time. The Giant Clam is usually showing off it's pearl to lure bait, it also sometimes has a rare black pearl which divers could kill for. Giant Clams are found lounging around the deep sea floor. I've seen the species of eurypterid hide in clams to steal their pearls.. Crabs are always around the clams trying to pry the clam open for some good meat. Which is why I'd like to keep my distance...

Domesticated
Giant Clams are not tameable. However, it's not a rare sight to see a diver swimming around the clam... After all it seems like if you give the clam spoiled meat.. It converts it into a pearl! What an extrodinary sight! The clams often trap fishes for prime fish. For some reason, When the clam shuts it stores air inside of it's shell. I've seen divers purposely go inside the clam and await for fish or just to get some air. The clam also releases bubbles from the air gathered and it seems to restore air to some divers bases that are underwater. 

Known Information
Platyceramus has really strange ridges.. As if you could bring them up to the surface with sometype of carrier. The clams provide air inside them when they shut.. And Bubbles from the platyceramus are used to provide air for players with underwater bases..

Author's Notes
I just love the platyceramus! The platyceramus could be used to contain air for underwater bases.. They could be brought up to the surface as a natural fishtank and store a rare black pearl! I would die to see this in-game so that I can see a eurypterid trying to pry the clam open! This is also my first dossier... So I apologise if it is bad. -ImpureFrost.

I've seen a few giant clams in my time, but this one sounds amazing!

@Rippy and @BadDodo, remind me to write a poem about this

• 5 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 10:33 AM, ImpureFrost said:

Wild

Domesticated
Giant Clams are not tame-able. However, it's not a rare sight to see a diver swimming around the clam... After all it seems like if you give the clam spoiled meat.. It converts it into a pearl! What an extraordinary sight! The clams often trap fishes for prime fish. For some reason, When the clam shuts it stores air inside of it's shell. I've seen divers purposely go inside the clam and await for fish or just to get some air. The clam also releases bubbles from the air gathered and it seems to restore air to some divers bases that are underwater. 

Few questions & ideas about this

1. What would be the difference between Domesticated & Tamed? Obviously you couldn't ride it but other than that they still seem tame-able to me.

2. I think they'd make an excellent lock box if placed at the bottom of a water base. Sort of like a hidden chest that won't open for anyone but the owner. That way if your base is looted while offline, your precious stuff is still in its inventory. This would also act as a player safe house too for when you log off for the night since it'll provide air & is tough to open even for other dinos.

3. I don't really know how it would function as a fish tank, however i can see it's shell used to transport water & fish, as a decoration on the base wall, perhaps even a makeshift sink from a small shell. maybe even make armor pieces for certain dinos from its shell.

4. I think a special golden pearl should be added as an extremely rare drop in these creatures, thus encouraging you to try & get them. They could open and close their shells quickly so you can catch quick glimpses from a distance.

5. I'd love to be able to start a pearl farm with these creatures but the rotten meat would have to form randomized pearls of 4 categories. The Silica Pearls, The Black Pearls, The Golden Pearls (rare) & a disfigured pearl which is pretty much trash but can be ground up into a pearl dust for either a dye or as medicine

• 4 months later...

I think you have a great imagination and I found it interesting that you take the time to imagine up cool Dino's to add to this already amazing game. That being said pearls come from sand and other foreign objects caught inside of the clam so giving it spoiled meat would produce no pearls even in theory. Cool read not taking anything away from you just saying it is easier than giving it meat it just takes an incredible amount of time.

Archived