Should they make the ovis less rare?

Danouk

I don't mind for it to be rare but they have no defence so as soon as they spawn they get killed fast. Your timing must be perfect. It would be nice for them to spawn a little more often to give a chance to get one or two  especially if you can get the male and female. That way you can breed the rest that you need. What you guys think.?

Since the Mutton nerf, I'd say it's a fair change. Perhaps the simplest and fairest change would just to force pair spawning, so every time an Ovis spawns, it has a second Ovis automatically spawn with it. Perhaps increase the number of southern spawn zones on the Island, too, but the actual spawn frequency is probably fine with those changes

The spawns for sheep are fine where they are at. Their soul purpose is to be killed for their mutton for taming carnivores because (last time I checked) its the next best thing to using kibble, so it makes sense that they are a little hard to find, even harder to find pairs of opposite gender roaming around together. 

Once you have a breeding pair, during x2 they are easy to raise. It only takes 1 day to raise sheep on x2 events. Once they hit the juvenile stage, leave a feeding trough next to them filled with berries. You'll only need to check on them every once in a while. I am raising 3 sheep right now and filled the trough to max and they lasted overnight just fine :) the more sheep you raise, the more filled troughs you should put down just to be safe ;)

From my experience, they are too rare on the island, and haven’t played the center or scorched since they have been around.  I only found them a couple times one the island, and never when I was looking for them.  

My advice for now, head to Ragnarok to tame what you want.  I’ve only not found them once when I was looking for them.  

On 9/30/2017 at 12:24 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Considering how common they are on Ragnarok and with the mutton nerf as well, wouldnt hurt to make them more common on the island. 

I have been playing Ragnarok Single player for over 2 weeks (played at least 40-50 hours already) and I have not seen even ONE single Ovis!  I've flown the entire map numerous times, and went to the areas I always see them on YouTube videos.  I would give up my right Dilo for an Ovis sighting!

24 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I have been playing Ragnarok Single player for over 2 weeks (played at least 40-50 hours already) and I have not seen even ONE single Ovis!  I've flown the entire map numerous times, and went to the areas I always see them on YouTube videos.  I would give up my right Dilo for an Ovis sighting!

Honestly I am not kidding when I say I watched 5 ovis spawn right infront of me last time I was in the Highland biome, this also being in single  player. Sounds to me like you might might need to preform a wild dino wipe or at the very least go around that area killing everything, as I am not convinced things respawn properly in single player,  although its bettwer than it was. The local giga probably munched them and the ovis havent respawned. After playing official on the Island for so long its actually disgusting how common they are.

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Honestly I am not kidding when I say I watched 5 ovis spawn right infront of me last time I was in the Highland biome, this also being in single  player. Sounds to me like you might might need to preform a wild dino wipe or at the very least go around that area killing everything, as I am not convinced things respawn properly in single player,  although its bettwer than it was. The local giga probably munched them and the ovis havent respawned. After playing official on the Island for so long its actually disgusting how common they are.

That's the most frustrating thing, I've done at least 4 Dino Wipes over the last 2 weeks.  nada, Zilch, bumpkis!  :Jerbcry:

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

On the offical rag server i am you see usually groups of 3-7 ovis (sometimes evev serval groups) in highlands. As there is barly anything hunting them, they tend to live long.

Also near viking bay on the plains below swamp castle you can find them sometimes. But they often die fast.

So short said:

If you need a few ovis, make a bit cake, go to rag, forget that you only wanted 2 and go home with 20.

1 hour ago, Mardagg said:

On the offical rag server i am you see usually groups of 3-7 ovis (sometimes evev serval groups) in highlands. As there is barly anything hunting them, they tend to live long.

Also near viking bay on the plains below swamp castle you can find them sometimes. But they often die fast.

So short said:

If you need a few ovis, make a bit cake, go to rag, forget that you only wanted 2 and go home with 20.

My main base in in Viking bay, and I've spent a lot of time in the Highlands.  No Ovis for me. I think I will have to take a flock of battle Argies out, and kill every predator in those areas, see if that helps. (Plus there is a level 55 Alpha TRex near the highlands I want to kill too.)

Everyone is calling ovis rare on the island, but from what I have seen on our official server that is not true. We currently have 10 ovis that are just from grabbing and taming them. We live in the snow with a base on blue ob and never run out. As we kill 1, 2 more spawn. I just keep vegetable cakes ready to go and my tribe knows that when they spot one, they are supposed to make getting that back to base a priority. We tamed 4 just yesterday and slaughtered 2 the day before that. To anyone not living in the snow I can see how they would think its a rare spawn, but if you search long enough around blue obelisk for sure you will find one within a few days. 

Archived