How do I find a Giga?

RoagMine377

On Ragnarok they are in the highlands (10/30 - 50/70), On the Center just roam around Lava Island (0/25 - 45/70), on the Island they have the largest spawn area (0/40 - 0/75) 

All coordinates written are latitude begin/latitude end-longitude begin/longitude end

These are the area's I have personally seen them. 

The following link is the Ark Wiki Giga page. If you scroll down on the right side you'll see the Island maps with spawn locations and tabs for the Center and Scorched earth maps that show where Giga's spawn as well. Scorched Earth does not have Giga's as far as I know or have ever seen despite what that map says. Ragnarok spawn has not been updated in Ark Wiki Giga page. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Giganotosaurus

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

Take your newest tribe member, douse him in blood and dodo feathers, and drop him on any mountain.
He needs to strutt around, yelling " Giga Giga Giga"
After a few hours pass, a Giga will appear.

Screaming Hilary Clinton while watching Rosie O Donnel on YouTube tends to spawn multiple ones too.  

On our server they tend to spawn on the east side of most mountains in the north.  The Whitesky Peak (blue obelisk), The Frozen Tooth and Far's Peak. 

On our server there is actually a 112 male Giga on Fars Peak. Spotted yesterday but didn't have the gear on me to trap and tame so I'm planning on taking on when I get home from work this evening :) 

On the Island, check around Mt. Whitesky, Frozen Tooth, and Far's Peak (they can spawn other places, too, but in my experience they're less frequent). On the Center, look around the grassy plains and lower slopes around the two snow mountains, and on the Lava and Half-Burnt Islands (I mostly find them around the snow mountains, tho). On Ragnarok, they appear only to spawn in the Highlands.

Here is a map that shows all areas they will spawn for you.

Do keep in mind you might have to get pretty close to them to see them, they have changes render distances on release and they are not nearly as easy to spot as they used to be.

Until you get used to what they look like, you might mistake them for a Rex when they are in the trees, so make sure you spyglass them to make sure.

59d37d36905e5_GigaSpawnpoints.thumb.jpg.26c8ccc88511c261440541c7d0ab3629.jpg

Turns out there were 2 of them on Far's Peak for me - a level 20 and the 112 I had spotted previously.  Managed to seperate them and get the 112 absailing down the mountain side to the river at the bottom to the south west and it actually got itself stuck on between the cliff edge and a beach rock!!!!

Still took a LOT of tranqs to take it down and was very cautious about getting too close in case it managed to free itself but got it in the end.  Now wondering how long it will be before my team mates breed em - we are at 10x breeding on our unofficial so should be possible in a weekend I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived