Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ??????? & Community Crunch 105!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community! Let's get started with some news.

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

large.mystery.jpg.c51426b65ead2c4d4a0940

What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what creature it is? 

Xbox Play Anywhere, Crossplay, Rentable Servers, and Xbox One X Support!

large.593ee5fb07123_SteamARKKeyArt.jpg

We have some information to share on the Xbox Play Anywhere and Rentable Servers front! First of all, Rentable Servers will be available on Xbox from October 25th, and Nitrado will supply them! In the coming days, they'll have more information available about the process, as well as a landing page to collect interest. The delay comes from some extra loose-ends we need to tie up with Microsoft and Nitrado, and then after that, we'll have to get through long-certification (our date takes into account the cert-time). That patch will also include our Official Xbox One X support, so you guys won't have to wait for an update for that!

We have also decided to delay the launch of ARK on Xbox Play Anywhere and CrossPlay until November. The reason behind this is because we believe it is critical to get BattlEye functioning on Microsoft's platform. We're very interested in the effects of CrossPlay, but we're cautious of enabling PC and Xbox Players to game together without having our anti-cheat ready, so it's going to take a little longer to get that sorted, but it will ensure a much better experience overall. 

Sponsored Mods Update!

large.SponsoredModsLogo_wBG.png

It’s the time of the month where we introduce some new and exciting mods from the community!  This month we are happy to introduce some pretty unique mods to the program.  During the course of the program, we’ve seen our share of maps, structure mods, and even a total conversion.  We get excited when we see game modes like Urban Death Match or really well thought out ideas like Zoology get published!

Urban Death Match

large.UrbanDeathMatch.jpg

We've always thought that ARK could serve as a good foundation for a team deathmatch mod. Those that aren’t new to the modding scene might remember Tribe Wars and the pre-match that started in a team deathmatch setting.  Urban Deathmatch might be the choice for those who are looking for a similar game mode.  

Spawn areas are predetermined and each spawn area has six crates that can be used to gear up your players.  Be sure to give this a look if you are looking for some fun events to host on your server.  Since the mod is a map extension, it shouldn't affect any of your existing saves!

Be sure to check it out!

Zoology

large.Zoology.jpg

We were really impressed when we got to check out Zoology.  It’s one of those mods that just makes sense!  Zoology adds a new element of discovery to the creatures you encounter on The Island. Ultimately, it changes how they act and behave and adds new and refreshing ways of interacting with wild and tamed creatures.

There’s a lot going on in this mod but essentially, wild and tamed creatures, have a level of morale and can suffer from stress, are intelligent enough (some of them) to flee from their predators, and predators will only hunt when hungry.  It’s like a total conversion for the behavioural system of creatures!!

That’s all for this month.  We’ll continue to keep an eye out for mods that are original and creative.  We sincerely appreciate all the effort we are seeing from the modding community. 

PS4 EU Flash Sale: 20% Off!

large.ps4sale.jpg

ARK Fan Kicks!

large.22008204_2028652300712883_7897999616714776293_n.png

Fan Kicks are a casual footwear which features your favourite games! ARK has now been officially licenced to be part of the Fan Kicks Collection and you can pick up a pair of your favourite ARK shoes here! Here's a video demonstrating how they work:

To celebrate the launch of the footwear Fan Kicks are hosting a free pair giveaway on their ARK Fan Kicks Facebook page, just head on over there, like their page and tag a friend in their post for your chance to win! They're also offering 20% off any order over 99$ USD with the special discount code ARKSE at checkout

ARK: 2x Evolution Event Weekend!

large_evo.jpg.c149355b6876e90a92100abdb5

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 2nd at 12 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate
2x Maturing
2x Hatching
2x Gestation
2x Faster Mating Interval Rates

Community Contests!

NVidia Ansel Photography Contest

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

Super Resolution Version: http://images.nvidia.com/ansel/SuperResolution/ARK-SuperResolution1/ARK__Survival_Evolved_HighRes_2016_09_01_-_14_38_36_55.html

ARK: Survival Evolved and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack now include support for NVIDIA Ansel -- a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. 

Learn more about these features from the NVIDIA blog.

Now let’s get to the contest!

There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

Three Categories

Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.

Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

And now without further ado, here are your entries!

You’ll want to click on the image title to be able to download the maximum size image, we’ve resized them for display purposes 

Super Resolution!

Winner!

GG Fizz - Divebomb

large.59ceea0599a9e_GGFizz-Divebomb-SuperResolution.jpg

Runners up!

StateofMynd42 - Old School Twist

large.59ceea22e9287_StateofMynd42OldSchoolTwistSuperRes.jpg

Morgengrau - A Song of Ice and Fire

large.59ceea0d761c7_MorgengrauASongofIceandFireSuperRes.jpg

Ego - Will you marry me

large.59cee9f6bed88_Ego-Willyoumarryme-SuperResolution.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

Wolf Angelus - Takeoff

large.59ceea4e3fc45_WolfAngelus-Takeoff-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Forest Adventuring

large.59ceea4a8c988_WolfAngelus-ForestAdventuring-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Flying High

large.59ceea45cd76b_WolfAngelus-FlyingHigh-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Baby Photos - Raptor

large.59ceea401bc9b_WolfAngelus-BabyPhotos-Raptor-8x.jpg

Valoule - Shot fired!

large.59ceea3e2e546_ValouleShotfired!-SuperResolution.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea3abcfe6_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-20_10_37_27.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea37e5f88_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-19_55_01_61.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea344f903_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-19_53_51_82.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea309baee_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-19_47_41_20.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea2c0ed23_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-19_37_30_28.jpg

stke7 - Lightning Wyvern

large.59ceea28c0b13_stke7ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_09.25-19_36_06_90.jpg

StateofMynd42 - Shield Knight

large.59ceea25a1e4e_StateofMynd42ShieldKnightSuperRes.jpg

StateofMynd42 - Cuddle Dragons

large.59ceea20a982c_StateofMynd42CuddleDragonsSuperRes.jpg

Starwolf23 - The Answer

large.59ceea1dc35e1_Starwolf23TheAnswerSuperRes.jpg

Starwolf23 - I Got This

large.59ceea1a3c8de_Starwolf23IGotThisSuperRes.jpg

roguewolf91 - Hunter Becomes The Hunted

large.59ceea16a62b6_roguewolf91-HunterBecomesTheHunted-SuperResolution.jpg

Pollti - Alpha Wyvern Attacks

large.59ceea11a4054_Pollti-alpha_wyvern_attacks-superresolution4k.jpg

Morgengrau - They're watching us...

59ceec565425d_large.Morgengrau_Theyre_watching_us_SuperRes.jpg

Morgengrau - An eye for an eye

large.59ceec45abd4b_MorgengrauAneyeforaneyeSuperRes.jpg

GG Fizz - The Phoenix of Dawn

large.59ceea0947fd5_GGFizz-ThePhoenixofDawn-SuperResolution.jpg

EXFIB0 - Poison

large.59ceea024c439_EXFIB0-Poison-SuperResolution.jpg

EXFIB0 - Flames

large.59cee9ff09416_EXFIB0-Flames-SuperResolution.jpg

EXFIB0 - Face To Face

large.59cee9fabc96d_EXFIB0-FaceToFace-SuperResolution.jpg

Ego - For you my love!

large.59cee9f31bc09_Ego-Foryoumylove!-SuperResolution.jpg

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!

Winner!

Starwolf23 - Enlightenment

large.59cee8fc2f698_Starwolf23Enlightenment360.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

Wolf Angelus - Vast Lands of Crystal Isles

large.59cee90b413a5_WolfAngelus-VastLandsofCrystalIsles-360.jpg

Wolf Angelus - The Tropics of Crystal Isles

large.59cee9080a547_WolfAngelus-TheTropicsofCrystalIsles-360.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Redwood's River Connection

large.59cee9050a2dc_WolfAngelus-RedwoodsRiverConnection-360.jpg

Valoule - White Walker

large.59cee90178507_ValouleWhitewalker360.jpg

StateofMynd42-  Determination

large.59cee8fec36cc_StateofMynd42Determination360.jpg

roguewolf91 - Secrets of the Depths

large.59cee8f88876e_roguewolf91-SecretsoftheDepths-Panoramic360Stereoscopic3D.jpg

EXFIB0 - Yellow Drop

large.59cee8f406e64_EXFIB0-YellowDrop-360Stereo.jpg

EXFIB0 - Scorched Earth

large.59cee8f31d6d0_EXFIB0-ScorchedEarth-360Stereo.jpg

Freeform!

Winner!

Valoule - ArARK Attack

large.59ceeb69a691c_ValouleArARKAttack-1Freeform.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

Wolf Angelus - Romeo & Juliet

large.59ceeb71cd0da_WolfAngelus-RomeoJuliet-Freeform.jpg
F1r3fly - Life's a beach

large.59ceeb64c50f9_F1r3fly-Freeform-Lifesabeach.jpg

ARKVideo!

This contest is open to all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children!

And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 105 is...

ARK: REX CINEMATIC DOSSIER by ShipWrekt!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

The ARKitect for Community Crunch 105 is… 

Sonic : Green Hill Zone ARK 1 by Valoule!

jMJend6.png

and...

ARK SURVIVAL MUTATION ZOO TOUR WITH TINY HUMAN! TONS OF MUTATED DINOS! by TagBackTV!

If you'd like to check out the submissions from the rest of the entrants, you can do so here:

Fan Feature!

DYSFUNCTIONAL DIMORPHS - AKA: A Bunny Thing Happened on the Way to the Pet Shop by ranger1presents

Cliff Side base build. No mods Xbox one Ark Survival Evolved by Travis138

ARK Catamaran Design Tutorial For XBox & PS4 :: Double-Hulled Boat for ARK Rafts :: ARK Build Guide by SWChris

"Warriors" An Ark GMV by GripenxGaming

ARK: TUSOTEUTHIS CINEMATIC DOSSIER | #002 | ARK: Survival Evolved Trailer by ShipWrekt

Tag vs Ark Survival Evolved : Short Guide to Taming Queen Bees and Getting Honey by Tageon

Fall/Halloween Houses & Pens *No Mods Req'd* (Pumpkin/Cauldron/Candy Corn) by Wolf Angelus

Hatching A TON of Ice WYERN Eggs! Ragnarok On Melted Cheese Server! Ark Survival Evolved Gameplay by Myndmelt

Tek Base/Lair on Floating Tree platform. No Mods! Ragnarok Ark Survival Evolved. Xbox one by Travis138

The Best 3x2 PvP Base Design In ARK: Survival Evolved by EXFIB0

[WIP] More Saddle Options 5 by Nivea
CDF92A5C4F41C1B79803C7577E6637A101AEDB46
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1144186819

[WIP] More Saddle Options 5c by Nivea
69DC2767B0A2C1E87D1693EC2EE845D32FDFFE3F
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1144197626

Dodo Griffin! by Sir Novaraptor
523E43E8B7738D1AF4148A8A3876994057C2C199
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1142544177

Dunky by milokamilo
3C3B0880D0FF6F5FC350263D6238B6129B29ED10
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1146998919

Cute and cuddly by milokamilo
91EC7024E774192FEC9A3FDBBFFC55A221D8B668
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1147768689

Dossier: Majungasaurus by Scanova the Carnotaurus
C32F0449BECA8F2ECE94C960634191914DD04F8F

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1146461111

Dossier: Kronosaurus by Scanova the Carnotaurus
D6D200D531DD4268EF33624C8DC6C63769CF2BB7
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150595574

Dossier: Brontornis by Scanova the Carnotaurus
71E17778FAC7DFC98373793EC80C90DE0E191A97
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150850556

That's it for this post guys! Our apologies for the missing Digest this week, Jeremy had to fly out last minute to deal with an emergency; though the segment will return next week!

As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

Please hurry with the Xbox Play anywhere forget the haters I have been waiting for this specific feature ever since the very first announcement, me and my friends can't wait to be able to setup servers on pc to play with our xbox. Official server time requirements are a joke and I have no intention of paying for a server when my computer can run it perfectly fine on its own.

The dossier looks like the nameless queen. It has the same facial features. I am curious as to if the nameless themselves will have a dossier. If they share the same dossier and technically count as the same creature does that mean we were shown 6 creatures in the aberration trailer, perhaps we will see another creature? 

It took this long to find out that you wanted to get battleye working for crossplay come on dude[emoji849]you had to of known this was holding it back for awhile.

Crossplay is getting pushed back to November when Xbox 1 x comes out probably hoping people will forget about it and be to distracted by the Xbox One X version

11 hours ago, Jackalz4dayz said:

The dossier looks like the nameless queen. It has the same facial features. I am curious as to if the nameless themselves will have a dossier. If they share the same dossier and technically count as the same creature does that mean we were shown 6 creatures in the aberration trailer, perhaps we will see another creature? 

I believe the dossier will be similar to the queen bee and how the only have their dossier, but mention the soldiers a bunch in the dossier.

13 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We believe it's a fundamental part of having CrossPlay on our servers, gotta make sure it's secure as can be.

Hey, will we get to access recycled servers for Xbox? I am under the impression that anyone will be able to download any server(s) they want and use them as private or hosted servers, but I can't find anything about it. Really want closure on my animals, thanks.

PS, can we have a feature for personal servers (especially recycled ones) where we can upload a sino from one private server, and then download it onto another, all on one Xbox? For example I download recycled servers 1 and 2, and I acquire some eggs on 1, but want to move them to 2 for personal breeding experience.

Edited by guntotingatheist

16 hours ago, Bigmurfthelegnd said:

Please hurry with the Xbox Play anywhere forget the haters I have been waiting for this specific feature ever since the very first announcement, me and my friends can't wait to be able to setup servers on pc to play with our xbox. Official server time requirements are a joke and I have no intention of paying for a server when my computer can run it perfectly fine on its own.

Same!! Can't wait till they make the update friends and I are waiting. It can be a little hard to be waiting tho. But in the end its gonna be worth it

Why are people so moody about them delaying play anywhere again? I mean.. We all had to know they were going to delay it again right? Why are we all surprised, They give no updates then tell us it is delayed.. Kinda what they do. When I asked them they said they were just having some small problems because of the hurricane.. Now it's pushed back one month and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back again

Edited by Hughes

Play anywhere DECEMBER 2016, Play Anywhere Spring 2017,  Play Anywhere on release August 8th, Play Anywhere on release August 29th, Play Anywhere Mid-September 2017, Play Anywhere end September 2017, NOW PLAY ANYWHERE NOVEMBER 2017. I guess pushing off the functionality indefinitely forcing impatient players to BUY THE GAME TWICE makes more sense to you. ARK Play Anywhere has been listed on xbox.com since December 2015, if it takes almost 2 years to pull your head out of your you know what long enough to get UWP working you have issues...I guess scorched earth and the aberration dlc make money so they took precedence over a core feature you promised everyone. I don't think a functioning Anti cheat is an "Unforseen circumstance" Not to mention your in KIRKLAND, WASHINGTON so if by "weather" you mean lack of rain and BEING AS FAR FROM HURRICANES AS FAR AS POSSIBLE I got a good laugh, we're not stupid, wildfires were also no where close. I live on the Olympic Peninsula so yeah I know first hand. You really know how to piss off your whole community huh. Did Chris Roberts teach you how to make a game on time? lol (ie: The creator of Star Citizen) I don't think anyone would be surprised if you are sandbagging because either 1. You didn't bother with UWP until last minute or 2. UWP is never going to work and you don't want to get sued for false advertising xD not to mention making Microsoft look bad... Nice 1.5 stars on the Better Business Bureau BTW