How do I survive in single player? If I can't, how do I get someone to help me?

FistBombEGW2

So I play on single player things are getting really hard. I try to tame simple things and I get slaughtered. I try to build and it take hours to get a few foundations. I try to explore and I simply can't without dying. I'm nearly level 40 and the best thing I have is a level 20 trike. I would love to have someone helping me but I always get overwhelmed by all the people on servers. I also don't have any friends that play ark. What do I do!? I love playing this game but it's too hard in my own! Please help! Thank you! (I play on the island)

• Volunteer Moderator

Spawn in a dragon force tame it and have it follow you and protect you or a rex.. Get your feet wet then kill it... Or you could put on god mode and have fun. There are also a ton of guides videos out there. Good luck. I generally make a speed character for starting out so at least i can outrun everything. It gets easier with knowledge and time.

Also if you did not change your single player settings you are on level 1 with low level dinos. Official servers are set at level 5. So it is really harder on official. Just a fyi..

Take a look at what you want to tame. Do you want a raptor? Use a bola to make it stay in one spot. Or you can build a small trap. A simple 2X2 with ramps on the sides a gate frame on one side and door frame under the ramps will work. Make it two walls high, it is easy to get the raptor in. Works for a carno trike stego ankylo etc. If you want you can even make it a 3X3 so there is a little more room inside.

Make it out of stone so that the creature you are trying to knock out does not chew through it while you are knocking it down. For taming a rex, you will want a bigger taming box, and if you want to try for a giga... I suggest making it out of metal. Since you are in single player, you do not have to worry about others pillaring things and you can build where you want.

Good luck and happy taming.

Another thing, look up a taming calculator http://www.survive-ark.com/taming-calculator/

Archived