fanfiction ARK: Survivor Autobiography, Chapter 2

CompleteTrueWizardry

This is the second installment of the Survivor's Autobiography, If you want to see the first, check out my profile, if you want to keep up with the story, follow my profile.

(DISCLAIMER: This story is going to introduce conflicts to the actual game. My character writes his own dossier entries, and the other survivors mention in-game do not exist in this world. Ex: Helena, Rockwell, Etc.)

It has been 3 days so far, and the simple campfire has yet to be lit. I am alive still, but I have made no effort to relocate. I am a stranger to this land, so I would not want to get lost in the wilderness. My mind has recovered from the tragedy of realizing how lost I truly am, in body,and in mind, and I start to think of how I can ensure my survival, when a deafening blast comes from just up the hill to my left. My blood curdles, it is the first sound I have heard, other than the crashing of the waves, in the last 3 days. I huddle down as small as I can make myself, assuming a bear of sorts will come out from the bend. The sound goes again, but this time, louder and closer. I sense my danger, and grab a rock to defend myself. I knew it would do little against such a beast to make the sound, but I could not just stand there and let myself be devoured. The roar comes again, and it is right around the corner. I know my only chance is surprise, so I lunge out towards the beast, but I never make it, for I lay my eyes upon a strange creature I have only seen on television.

The creature was not menacing to the eye, but to it, I was. The creature makes a screech, and bolts off into the opposite direction. Out of curiousity, I follow the beast, trying hard to keep up with it's great speed. It proves too much for me, and the creature gets away. "Strange, that almost seemed... no no, that's ridiculous, dinosaurs have long been extinct..." I say aloud to myself. My voice is hoarse, and startles me, for I even forgot what that sounded like as well. I lessen my pace, and venture off towards the direction the tracks led, I was so distracted, I forgot my initial fears of getting lost.

It seemed like I had been walking for hours, my legs ached, and I began to grow hungry... A deep hunger, one I've never felt before, I guess this was true starvation. I rummaged around some bushes, and gathered some berries of various colors. there were blue ones, red ones, yellows, and whites, and some juicy black ones with a strong smell. I didn't even to stop to think whether they were safe to eat or not, and shoved all of the colorful berries into my mouth. Eating pleased my brain, but I was still famished.

I looked at the other 2 berries. I hadn't eaten these, for they just didn't seem like the others, they seemed to hold specific properties other than simple sustenance.I tried a white berry, and my mouth went dry. The taste was bitter, so I bent down and took a sip from a nearby stream, the water was smooth, and went down like silk, I immediately felt refreshed. I did, however, feel a sense of strength after eating the berry,and suddenly awake as well. They must have been filled with  proteins. Still hungry, I looked to the black  berries, their smell was intense. I felt drowsy just holding them, I went for the plunge, and gulped them down. My legs went numb, and my vision blurred, I collapsed to the green, and sleep overtook me, I was out like a light.

I awoke with a terrible sound, a deep screech. The sound was similar to the beast I met earlier.I ran to investigate the sound, and found the creature pinned in a cove by a Gigantic snake, the snake had gotten snagged on a stray branch, but was still lunging ferociously at the creature. My instinct kicked in, and I leaped in to help. I grabbed the largest branch I could find, and swung at the snake. His reflexes were greater than mine, and he swept around to meat me. As I swung, he snapped. The villain had caught the log in his teeth, and was now stuck. I dropped the log, and ran to the aid of the terrified beast. The snake was thrashing wildly, and knocked the branch against the overhanging cliff, and dislodged some rocks. I noticed a large stone, which was now very unstable, teetering on the edge, ready to descend on all three lives below. I shoved my body against the friendly creature, but it would not move, the snakes impending strike was frightening it still. I pushed with all my might, and the beast ran. At that time, the snake broke free, and it struck the beast's leg with such a flash, that I had little time to react. It was not needed, for the creature was dead.The stone had come loose, and fell right onto the the serpent's head, and crushed its skull. The danger was over, but the te effect lingered.

I now gazed upon a sick beast, one I had tried so hard to help. He was lying not 3 feet away, breathing heavily. His wound was deep, and and he became cold. I could not just leave him here to die. I rushed over to nearby bushes, and grab some plant fibers to construct a crude bandage. I also gathered some of the purple berries, they, above the rest, seemed to hold the most value. I knelt down beside, him (I used reasoning to determine his gender) and fed him some berries to keep him conscious to some extent. I sat there and nursed this beast for hours, days, and even weeks. I tended his wounds, and kept him full, I came to be attached to, what I could only call, a Parasaurolophus.

Archived