Favourite creature for exploring?

Jonathanasger

3 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i really want to give a good gallimimus imprinted (for the extra speed) and only leveled in speed a try

sadly i do not have a good one yet

i bet those would run on super sonic speed, and would probably take the number 1 spot for me since then

You can quite nearly break the game doing this. You can run so fast that hitting a small rock will send you flying, and sometimes you can even out-sprint the world gen

Equus, VERY easy to get starting at level 10 on Ragnarok. Stone weight reduction (no clue why a horse has stone reduction), can harvest berries on the run, huge jumps, turns into mortar & pestle with a saddle, pumping speed to 200%+ makes it super fast, KO kicks and then you get the lasso feature as well. Lasso is nifty, you can drag unconscious dinos around with it, useful for dragging them back to your base for more safety during tames.

They reduce weight of most or all Mortar and Pestle reactants, which is why they have the Stone reduction. Imprinted Equus with a little bit of Speed, some Health, and Weight make absolutely phenomenal exploration mounts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thyla, Bary, Roo, Frog, anything really that is quick has a small turning radius, and can jump, and is reasonably tanky and can hit fairly decently. Bary and frog have the added bonus of being aquatic too. Thylas are great for most maps but especially Ragnarok with nice unobstructed sheer cliffs to clamber up. Don’t like anything that has a huge turning circle so my pair of 150 Equus are mainly base decoration.

Thylas for sure. I might be biased though because they are my favourite dino overall also, but those bad boys are fast enough to outrun pretty much every stronger dino, they are fast and agile in water with a huge oxygen allowance, they're also pretty capable and will be able to take on anything outside of alphas and gigas and you can't beat how satisfying the climb is. Oh and they're also blazing fast.

Only downside would be the ridiculous tame time and the accompanying kibble (titanboa)

>land dino

what are those?!?!

but seriously, when you're not playing PvE you're basically either always on a wyvern or griffin. No land mount has both the speed/damage ratio like those two. Being able to get back to base in >1 minute if you're getting raided is super useful. My fire wyvern (180 egg, 375 base Melee ) does 800+ dps, and a good level griffin can do 1500 with a suicide dive. They both fly and both move super fast 

My favorite... i have a lot :3

On Land:

I like to travel with a trike, I don't know why it just feels right for me while playing the game.
Another one would be the Allosaurus, travelling with a pack is certainly a good and pleasant experience.

The Iguanodon is also a good mount for travelling! I did enjoy one that had an amazing weight, decent health and melee.
Diplodocus is another one of my favorite dinos, probably the only "medium/large creature" that i am able to enjoy to travel around and its so goofy looking.

For caves, I like to explore with ankilos or doedicurus as well as with a pack of raptors

For flyers i do enjoy riding all of them, if i had to pick one however it would be the tapejara. I just love their sounds since they make their friendly presence known.

The water mounts, my favorite is the basilo, because its just similar to the tapejara.

For the ones that i don't like at all:

The Large Carnivores and herbivores, the Rex because it gets stuck in every rock and trees - The experience for me is like "lagging" and going backwards and forwards all the time just to get unstuck in order to move on - The bronto it is to slow and to big also the field of view is just to wide for me to enjoy the scenery. Despite enjoying building up nice bases on top of them, i don't really like travelling with them around. 

The paracer, is a similar experience like the bronto though for some reason i just can't bring myself to like it has a travel mount. I feel like it brings much more trouble than solutions.

Overhaul, turning radius... I think you get it xD 

Stegosaurus, because there is something that is either wrong or missing in them, i don't know how to describe it though.

Megalodons, whenever i look at them i just feel like it is controversial that i am able to ride what would be the one of the most vicious predator known xD 

and last Quetzals, they make things either to easy and boring for me (since i play in PVE) and are a nightmare to park... They are so huge that i always have trouble parking them.

Hey.

What is your favourote land mount to use for exploring?

And why

Favorite new creature is the Griffin (it's not just a flyer, right? Lol. I may have missed the LAND part the first time and edited this in but I stand by Griffin. I also just ride it around on land because they're still fast as hell) Love it's speed, and different attack types. And the hovering is nice for checking stuff out. Other than that, for the more basic style, The Procoptodon because of its speed, and massive jump. AND IT'S JUST FUN TO RIDE.

that would be extremely fast i would think...i cant get over how galli look like a dino SnoopDawg tho[emoji23]
man...love bears too [mention=459267]yekrucifixion187[/mention]
"How Galli look like a dino Snoop Dogg" holy poop in not gonna unsee that. I knew it reminded me of something. It's that dog meme of Snoop. THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT. It always bugged me. 2b169d183397374181812cd04c76be87.jpg66440e95a3fcb9d0c2a016e7cb094b0f.jpg

Guest chancho33015
Hey.
What is your favourote land mount to use for exploring?
And why
Raptor or thyla. I know to some the raptor is a thing of the past but I love the quickness and ability to turn in a dime. Thyla is awesome too. I love to climb and not get stuck anywhere [emoji14]

The Thylacoleo are by far my favorite land mounts! Bred thylas with good saddles are complete and total beasts. I miss the ascendent saddle BP I had back on legacy.

I get a kick out of figuring out all of the things I can climb using the Thylacoleo and if you find the right routes I think that they can be faster than getting around on some of the fliers-- or it at least feels like it. They also might as well be amphibious xD With their long lasting oxygen and fantastic swimming speed.

Archived