Favourite creature for exploring?

Jonathanasger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Hulk75 said:

Argy. Easy enough to breed some good ones, and they can take on most things. Plus they fly lol

+1 for not reading OP at all

allow me to pu the key-word "What is your favourote land mount to use for exploring?"

anyway

for me it's a tie between the thyla, for  being fast, strong, good weight, good stamina and the awesome wall climbing

OR

the terror bird, also fast, agile and the gliding is very useful

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

my fav--so fun to run around on:D

ye they really are right

a bit too good in some aspects i would even dare to say, they have very good base stats (high hp and stamina and weight) on top of their other stats

we have an 100% imprinted thyla fully leveled in only speed, and it still has very good combat stats (thyla was born on official servers with base lvl 307) with the imprint it's on 8k hp and 530 melee so still good combat mount, but so so fast when only leveled in speed

3 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

for me it's a tie between the thyla, for  being fast, strong, good weight, good stamina and the awesome wall climbing

OR

the terror bird, also fast, agile and the gliding is very useful

I agree with thyla. Great for roaming everywhere with the wall climbing. Never tried terror bird.

If this includes caving as exploring I have started using baryoynxs. Small enough to get in most caves, can have a saddle for armour and best of all it can swim. Can transition well between water and land, and that stun attack is great for the artifact of the pack cave I think it is

It use to be the Theri. Not as fast or as mobile as a Thyla/Wolf but I could handle just about anything thrown my way dino wise. It was close enough to ground to be able to see stuff that being on a Rex would obscure a little but high enough that a Kapro didn't try and snatch me off. 

Now it's the Bear. I really like the Bear. So strong, so fast, and surprisingly agile for it's size. I don't have the Kapro protection anymore but I can reach places better while still being able to fend off the stronger animals and pack animals. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i really want to give a good gallimimus imprinted (for the extra speed) and only leveled in speed a try

sadly i do not have a good one yet

i bet those would run on super sonic speed, and would probably take the number 1 spot for me since then

that would be extremely fast i would think...i cant get over how galli look like a dino SnoopDawg thoxD

man...love bears too @yekrucifixion187

Since its remodel; I really like the sabre (prefer modest mounts personally and the Thyla’s a bit much for me)

Equus really surprised me too. It’s fast and packs a knockout kick. And the M&P saddle and berry harvesting make for on the go narcotics. 

Terror birds I enjoy. Fast and glidy and look better than raptors IMO.

Baryonyx too. Faster than raptors on land and Spinos in the water. Always been a fan of the amphibious.

1 hour ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i really want to give a good gallimimus imprinted (for the extra speed) and only leveled in speed a try

sadly i do not have a good one yet

i bet those would run on super sonic speed, and would probably take the number 1 spot for me since then

You can hardly Park those due to their huge turn radius unfortunately :/ I used to run around on a speed galli through the desert, but it was so annoying.

My favourites are thyla (and kangaroo for the desert loot crates to jump from dune to dune)

I've been having fun lately on my pair of iguanodons or my moose. Both are pretty fast and after leveling have decent health, speed, and melee. Plus you can wield weapons from their back, which means less time on foot and vulnerable. The jump on the moose is insanely awesome,  like flying with hooves. The constant mooing can be annoying though.

Equus, VERY easy to get starting at level 10 on Ragnarok. Stone weight reduction (no clue why a horse has stone reduction), can harvest berries on the run, huge jumps, turns into mortar & pestle with a saddle, pumping speed to 200%+ makes it super fast, KO kicks and then you get the lasso feature as well. Lasso is nifty, you can drag unconscious dinos around with it, useful for dragging them back to your base for more safety during tames.

Archived