Imprinting

allwet66

I know there has been a lot of talk of a revamped kibble system but i would like to point to an issue that happened this weekend that shows one of the glaring problems with current system and hope it does not carry over to new system if and when we get it.

2x weekend i drop 4 tapejara eggs about 10 minutes apart.

all is well thru first imprint. 

second imprint 1 of the tapejara's get dimetrodon kibble 1 of 2 kibbles i don't have.  Only 1 other player online late saturday night so i try to find low level female  but never do. 

So 1 tapejara is now at 15% and going nowhere  other 3 are ok.

second to last imprint on other 3 and 1 of them also comes up dimetrodon kibble.  So now 2 are stuck on same kibble.

other 2 will finish at 100%.

at last minute i finally find someone with dimetrodon kibble and i get 1 more imprint on both just before maturation is complete.

My point is they both needed the same 1 kibble but ended with huge imprint difference due to imprinting coming to a halt on first bird after just 1 imprint.

i understand a penalty for not having every imprint kibble but the penalty for the 2 birds was very different even tho they each  needed the same single kibble.

i think the timer should reset after a certain amount of time passes (as a penalty) but you should not be locked out of imprinting for the rest of maturation over 1 kibble.

just my 2 cents.

I agree that it would be nice to have a roll over after x amount of time, but by the same note by the time you're established on a server you will not be short on any but the rarest egg's for imprinting or kibble. Dimetrodons in particular are a nasty one, i have only ever been able to get them to lay egg's in the water (They do not have an oxygen bar so no threat of them drowning) But i've heard you can get them to lay on land if they are on a ramp, i have always had them floating in the water just far enough that they actually float rather than sit on the ground. Dimorphodon's was another that i personally had problems with, but that's cuz the little bastards hid theirs on me -.- 

I started as a kibble farmer so here's my advice/set up. 

Dimorphs, Dodo's, Lystro's, Dimetrodon's (all other smaller birds like hesperonis, microraptor, ichtyornis, etc.) should be placed high on ramps facing a wall (may take a couple of throws). The eggs drop right down where you can see them easily. 

For dimetrodon's place the Ramp in the water on a pillar with a ceiling. I did this when they still had oxygen bar and kept them half in/half out. With 2 females and 1 male and we raised 20-30 dino's at a time on legacy, we had over 150 Dimetrodon eggs when we left. They drop them at a fairly consistent rate as long as not overcrowded with egg layers. 

So get about 200 dodo,dilo, pachy kibble pretty fast then kill them. They are easy tames when you need them again. Next up is get to 200 Parasaur, Raptor, Carbonemys, Trike Kibble then kill them. Easy enough tames when you need them again. Next after that is Stego, Ptera, and Anky. 

With all of these unless you are utilizing them for their other abilties you can kill them as finding and taming them takes very little time. when you get to around 50 kibble of each you go out and tame 3 of them up quick. The only ones i hang onto for a consistent basis is Dime's, Galli, Terror, Lystro, and Dimoprh. 

If you do utilize those other dino's for their defense, offense, squid taming capabilities move them to a far enough location from the Dime's, galli's, terror's, lystro's, and dimoprhs so as not to mess with their egg laying. 

Even after only 3 weeks on new official server's we have yet to run into a imprint situation and only week 1 did we have a kibble situation (not enough Stego kibble had dropped yet for my Argy tame). Now we aren't back to 20-30 dino raises yet but we already have over 50 kibble of everything needed for imprint but Raptor (tamed a Mammoth) and at least 20 eggs in reserve and that includes Dimetrodon kibble. 

Also make sure to weigh down your female Dimetrodon's and I tend to keep the male on land. I don't know if that makes a difference but we had the eggs in legacy and we have them again in official so I'm not gonna mess with it at this point. I also use plant x to make sure the water way stay clear of Piranha's. 

8 hours ago, allwet66 said:

I know there has been a lot of talk of a revamped kibble system but i would like to point to an issue that happened this weekend that shows one of the glaring problems with current system and hope it does not carry over to new system if and when we get it.

2x weekend i drop 4 tapejara eggs about 10 minutes apart.

all is well thru first imprint. 

second imprint 1 of the tapejara's get dimetrodon kibble 1 of 2 kibbles i don't have.  Only 1 other player online late saturday night so i try to find low level female  but never do. 

So 1 tapejara is now at 15% and going nowhere  other 3 are ok.

second to last imprint on other 3 and 1 of them also comes up dimetrodon kibble.  So now 2 are stuck on same kibble.

other 2 will finish at 100%.

at last minute i finally find someone with dimetrodon kibble and i get 1 more imprint on both just before maturation is complete.

My point is they both needed the same 1 kibble but ended with huge imprint difference due to imprinting coming to a halt on first bird after just 1 imprint.

i understand a penalty for not having every imprint kibble but the penalty for the 2 birds was very different even tho they each  needed the same single kibble.

i think the timer should reset after a certain amount of time passes (as a penalty) but you should not be locked out of imprinting for the rest of maturation over 1 kibble.

just my 2 cents.

Honestly, I think they should just let the kibble cycle, so if you don't have a particular kibble, it will later ask for something else.

Archived