v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

19 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

this is why for those of us on Official it doesnt matter. im not picking on you but you are fighting with GM summoned dinos on an unofficial server, which makes it nothing more than a good theory. sorry but thats how i see it.

i would love to try it, but cant invest that kinda time unless its proven. and i would love to kill the dragon again--kinda dislike it over all the stuff lost to it the last few months:(

But if the settings are set up right on the unofficial server (i.e. the right difficulty setting, force max level etc etc) doesnt that make it identical to official difficulty ? At which point we have a case of someone gmsummoning 120 perfect tames (which is no different than 120 perfect tamed normally other than 1 level maybe) taking on bosses and winning with 120 perfect tames, not even 150 perfect tames or bred and imprinted ones lol.

Or did the devs not fix that and still have unofficial server settings different from officials even if set up right ?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First... Sorry Nutz didnt see u ask before xD yeah iam E from 423 xD Heyya Mate! :D

second if u wanna w8 for cake nerf thats up to u but how i said before it doesnt take 15 month to prepare what u need... a Theri need 4d 21H from egg to Full and they are very easy to bread since they are Herbivores so u easily can breed some together and with all these x2 events u can breed em even faster!

and this time i wanna qoute wiki bc i dont think they will nerv cakes just yet again :D

259.0 PS4 510.0
  • Added Bee Honey as ingredient
  • Lowered maximum restoration to 2100 HP
  • Sweet Vegetable Cake now restores 10% of maximum health over 30 seconds at a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 2500 HP
  • Removed the instant +500 HP
  • Halved spoil time
  • Creatures automatically consume Sweet Vegetable Cake if their health drops below 85%. They will repeat until over 85% again
  • Creatures do not automatically consume Sweet Vegetable Cake to fill their hunger (Except Achatina)
  • Sweet Vegetable Cake now restores 15% of maximum Health over 10 seconds (Down from 15s) in addition to the instant +500 HP
  • Reduced the cooldown to 10 seconds (Down from 15s)
  • Quadrupled spoil time

Olivar, just let this one go man. No amount of arguing is going to convince some of the members of this thread that you can actually set a dedicated server to the same difficulty as official to test theories. Unless you spend all of your time proving it on official they are not going to listen and that is their choice. There are those of us that will look at your work and take it as it is, outside the box thinking that could very well prove to lead to a whole new meta and for that we thank you. I know you can set your dedi to official levels and I am sure a lot more people do as well. They are just not the people spamming this thread. You did good work, thank you and thank you to all players that challenge the norm and look for new solutions to changes in the game instead of just stamping their feet and crying on the forums that the devs suck just because their current meta no longer works. My advice, never come back to this thread, you have done all you can here for those that are willing to listen. Go back to your official server difficulty dedi and test more theories. I myself did not like that the game seemed to only have one solution to any given boss and I am glad you and those like you are proving otherwise. I will look forward to your next report. And for those unaware of how the server settings work, 1.0 DifficultyOffset is 120 cap for the island so that is an official setting for defeating the dragon on the island.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Id like to know if this tomfoolery is being done on official bc dedis and SP mean zero comparing to official. u get built in nerfs you cant even manipulate in single player.

Anyways with half a brain could spot a singleplayer setting server over an official setting server.
Those Theris would be way beyond 20k HP and 400% melee if it was a singleplayer setting server.
Going into singleplayer mode to imprint on my Rexes(instead of wasting a week), I get to see them at 38k HP when on my private server they only have 20k HP. Melee rises from 600(mutated) to 1000%. It's absurd how easy "easy mode" is, so stop trying to disprove this guy. This was done legitimately.

3 hours ago, Shadex said:

Olivar, just let this one go man. No amount of arguing is going to convince some of the members of this thread that you can actually set a dedicated server to the same difficulty as official to test theories. Unless you spend all of your time proving it on official they are not going to listen and that is their choice. There are those of us that will look at your work and take it as it is, outside the box thinking that could very well prove to lead to a whole new meta and for that we thank you. I know you can set your dedi to official levels and I am sure a lot more people do as well. They are just not the people spamming this thread. You did good work, thank you and thank you to all players that challenge the norm and look for new solutions to changes in the game instead of just stamping their feet and crying on the forums that the devs suck just because their current meta no longer works. My advice, never come back to this thread, you have done all you can here for those that are willing to listen. Go back to your official server difficulty dedi and test more theories. I myself did not like that the game seemed to only have one solution to any given boss and I am glad you and those like you are proving otherwise. I will look forward to your next report. And for those unaware of how the server settings work, 1.0 DifficultyOffset is 120 cap for the island so that is an official setting for defeating the dragon on the island.

This work was done months ago when dragon first became harder to pin......

1 minute ago, Ulta said:

Better start getting on it then so you can try again more recently and prove once and for all if us 'unofficial' testers are bullcrapers or not.

Can't wait to see you when you realize we were actually right!

Im not saying ur bullcrapers im saying the dif settings make it behave dif makes things usually easier. I have a dedi also just for testing. As for already tested that wasnt my research it was done by another fella full of videos ect. It is "potentially" doable given good rng luck stats ect. I also participated in brood fight with full ankys and easilly won.....cept we did it on official so there ws no chance of hidden settings affecting difficulty. 

• Volunteer Moderator

i just want to see it done on the Island map on an Official server. has nothing to do with right or wrong or anyone being full of crap. i like unofficial servers, hosted one for over a year. its just that for almost the past year we have been on Official, so only things that happen on Official are relevant to me. 

guess i will talk to our allies and see about getting a run with Theri put together and it will be me posting the Official run:P

27 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Im not saying ur bullcrapers im saying the dif settings make it behave dif makes things usually easier. I have a dedi also just for testing. As for already tested that wasnt my research it was done by another fella full of videos ect. It is "potentially" doable given good rng luck stats ect. I also participated in brood fight with full ankys and easilly won.....cept we did it on official so there ws no chance of hidden settings affecting difficulty. 

bigfish...you are totally calling us liars. You've said it for several pages now.

24 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i just want to see it done on the Island map on an Official server. has nothing to do with right or wrong or anyone being full of crap. i like unofficial servers, hosted one for over a year. its just that for almost the past year we have been on Official, so only things that happen on Official are relevant to me. 

guess i will talk to our allies and see about getting a run with Theri put together and it will be me posting the Official run:P

That's just it...I don't get why you people who want proof on officials are choosing to sit here in this thread and call us unofficial testers we're wrong, when you could be starting to prepare an army on your official servers that you've been on for how long? I just don't get it...you expect us who have unofficial servers to up and prove to you we are wrong...when you should be doing it yourselves.

Show us that the team we put together is not enough...

What I don't get is I too did a test (no one but one has acknowledged it in this thread for some reason) and had success. Sure it was on an unofficial rented server, but last I checked, singleplayer settings weren't on. And even if they were or not, it wouldn't matter, so long as the stat's on the dino and the weapons and the level of the dragon and it's minions were correct, right?

So tell me right now...what do I need to prove to you guys that it's do-able on an official server? It would need to be a mirror of official servers right? With dino's that have stats that you can achieve on official right?

It would be this list right?

-Theriz with about 30-40k health and 600% damage (rest of the stats shouldn't matter since they are irrelevant for an unridden fight) after training. Let's aim for them being low lvl 300's. They must not be cheated in and must be bred and imprinted to 100% manually (boosts from breeding timers due to server settings should NOT matter as that only alleviates the grind. Do-able on officials with some breeding outside of the timer boost(and even then weekend events are a thing), no?

-1 Yuty with about 60k health and 2k stamina. Isn't unreasonable on officials after you train it no?

-Saddles with 100 armor for all dinos. Do-able on official with time, no?

-Veggie cakes on each Theriz. Do-able on officials, no?

-Weapons of your choice with about or a little over 200% damage. Do-able on officials with some drop farming, no?

-Ammo for all the weapons. Do-able with a lot of grinding on officials, no?

-Toons that only use guns, and-5 or more no melee weapons. Firearms do not use any stats from the toon but melee does, so we'll rule out using them just in case the melee stat is overblown on the server.

-It'll just be me and my one tribemate. I'll ride the Yuty, he'll stand behind and shoot.

-The server must be at Difficulty 5, and singleplayer settings MUST be off. For added reassurance, the dino stat gain per level for the server setting must also be set to 1, to mirror officials (not that this matters much since the end goal is to get dino's with stat numbers similar to what you can get on officials. See the stats on the Theri and Yuty).

Does this list of dino's stats and weapons look like something you'd find on official? Also do tell me what level the minions must be in the dragon arena for this to prove the settings are correct. I did my first test in Difficulty 5 (Olivar did Difficulty 4 which was 120's max), but I didn't pay attention to the level of the Ptera's. I can look out for that on my next test.

Now...finally...would THIS be enough to prove to you guys that it's do-able on officials, even though it's not on officials? Or should I just not waste my time since you seem to think the stat numbers produce different damage output or damage intake is different on an unofficial server even when it has the SAME DIFFICULTY SETTING? I took my time out of playing and having fun on my server ot try and help you guys out you know...so did Olivar, and look how you are treating us...

Funny how this entire thing was us trying to help give you official people some direction or goal in finally beating the hardest boss...and yet we got this sort of rude response.

34 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Better start getting on it then so you can try again more recently and prove once and for all if us 'unofficial' testers are bullcrapers or not.

Can't wait to see you when you realize we were actually right!

Because the wiki (Which is very inaccurate) says that you cannot replicate the difficulty of official on unofficial no matter settings. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it would really stink to raise 20 dinos and they all die because the boss is harder on official. 

7 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Because the wiki (Which is very inaccurate) says that you cannot replicate the difficulty of official on unofficial no matter settings. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it would really stink to raise 20 dinos and they all die because the boss is harder on official. 

Look, Wiki is not something you can beleive 100%.

Maybe a dev can clear this up. They are the only ones who would know for sure.

@Jatheish @Jen? We have a situation here. Players seem to think that unofficials servers who's singleplayer settings are off, and are Difficulty 5, still are not replica's of official server settings. Many seem to think damage output and input is not the same even if a dino on both server has say 500% melee damage and 60k health (as a rough example).

Can you please clarify if this is true or not? Do stats on dino's and weapons do different damage on officials than they would unofficials, even if the unofficial server is Difficulty 5 and doesn't have singleplayer settings turned on, and all the numbers on the dino's and weapon stats are the same?

Would an Fab rifle on official servers with 200% weapon damage do more or less damage on an unofficial server with the exact same weapon?

Just now, Ulta said:

Look, Wiki is not something you can beleive 100%.

Maybe a dev can clear this up. They are the only ones who would know for sure.

@Jatheish @Jen? We have a situation here. Players seem to think that unofficials servers who's singleplayer settings are off, and are Difficulty 5, still are not replica's of official server settings. Many seem to think damage output and input is not the same even if a dino on both server has say 500% melee damage and 60k health (as a rough example).

Can you please clarify if this is true or not? Do stats on dino's and weapons do different damage on officials than they would unofficials, even if the unofficial server is Difficulty 5 and doesn't have singleplayer settings turned on, and all the numbers on the dino's and weapon stats are the same?

That is why I said 

6 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Because the wiki (Which is very inaccurate) 

I admire you getting the dev's attention

Just now, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

That is why I said 

I admire you getting the dev's attention

Honestly at this point if it'll put this terrible rumor to rest, then I gotta try. I'm tired of being called a liar when I'm pretty darn sure that a fresh unofficial server with the same difficulty and no singleplayer setting is the exact same as an official server...so long as you don't mess with the settings.

4 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

my responses have been anything but rude, and no none of that matters. i have been wasting my time in this thread, apologies:)

Rude might be a strong word. It's moreso people calling us liars in a way because we didn't do it on official...I firmly believe that a freshly made unofficial with Difficulty 5 and no singleplayer settings on would be a spitting image of an official server...and no one can really back up the claim with evidence that this isn't teh case, or least no one has tried thus far.

Only a dev can clear this up now. Hopefully one of them will find time to clear this mess up before the community eats itself again and I can go back to having fun.

43 minutes ago, Ulta said:

bigfish...you are totally calling us liars. You've said it for several pages now.

That's just it...I don't get why you people who want proof on officials are choosing to sit here in this thread and call us unofficial testers we're wrong, when you could be starting to prepare an army on your official servers that you've been on for how long? I just don't get it...you expect us who have unofficial servers to up and prove to you we are wrong...when you should be doing it yourselves.

Show us that the team we put together is not enough...

What I don't get is I too did a test (no one but one has acknowledged it in this thread for some reason) and had success. Sure it was on an unofficial rented server, but last I checked, singleplayer settings weren't on. And even if they were or not, it wouldn't matter, so long as the stat's on the dino and the weapons and the level of the dragon and it's minions were correct, right?

So tell me right now...what do I need to prove to you guys that it's do-able on an official server? It would need to be a mirror of official servers right? With dino's that have stats that you can achieve on official right?

It would be this list right?

-Theriz with about 30-40k health and 600% damage (rest of the stats shouldn't matter since they are irrelevant for an unridden fight) after training. Let's aim for them being low lvl 300's. They must not be cheated in and must be bred and imprinted to 100% manually (boosts from breeding timers due to server settings should NOT matter as that only alleviates the grind. Do-able on officials with some breeding outside of the timer boost(and even then weekend events are a thing), no?

-1 Yuty with about 60k health and 2k stamina. Isn't unreasonable on officials after you train it no?

-Saddles with 100 armor for all dinos. Do-able on official with time, no?

-Veggie cakes on each Theriz. Do-able on officials, no?

-Weapons of your choice with about or a little over 200% damage. Do-able on officials with some drop farming, no?

-Ammo for all the weapons. Do-able with a lot of grinding on officials, no?

-Toons that only use guns, and-5 or more no melee weapons. Firearms do not use any stats from the toon but melee does, so we'll rule out using them just in case the melee stat is overblown on the server.

-It'll just be me and my one tribemate. I'll ride the Yuty, he'll stand behind and shoot.

-The server must be at Difficulty 5, and singleplayer settings MUST be off. For added reassurance, the dino stat gain per level for the server setting must also be set to 1, to mirror officials (not that this matters much since the end goal is to get dino's with stat numbers similar to what you can get on officials. See the stats on the Theri and Yuty).

Does this list of dino's stats and weapons look like something you'd find on official? Also do tell me what level the minions must be in the dragon arena for this to prove the settings are correct. I did my first test in Difficulty 5 (Olivar did Difficulty 4 which was 120's max), but I didn't pay attention to the level of the Ptera's. I can look out for that on my next test.

Now...finally...would THIS be enough to prove to you guys that it's do-able on officials, even though it's not on officials? Or should I just not waste my time since you seem to think the stat numbers produce different damage output or damage intake is different on an unofficial server even when it has the SAME DIFFICULTY SETTING? I took my time out of playing and having fun on my server ot try and help you guys out you know...so did Olivar, and look how you are treating us...

Funny how this entire thing was us trying to help give you official people some direction or goal in finally beating the hardest boss...and yet we got this sort of rude response.

lol wut???? so your theri stats are pretty much higher than most from official after years of stat breeding. And i will say i have basically never ever seen a yut hitting close to 60k. Also there are many parts of difficulty 5 vs difficulty 4 that have to do with a lot of things not just dino levels

so a theris 150 perfect imprint would have to only have 12 pts in stam, oxy, food, weight and zero wasted points. then the taming rolls would have to both go completely into hp and melee. then you would have to completely level the theri to a max level of around 294. at that point you could have 30k hp and 600 melee. This is based on stat calc in dododex, taking level 150 and factoring a 223 tame level then adding 71 leveling levels. If you did an avg between hp and melee you would have to have post tamed stats of 90ish points in hp and 90ish point in melee

As for a yuty with 60k hp that is 267 point in hp......lol

Based on this i guess the best chance is to find a gm and get some god critters spawned

And i have not called you liars even once. What i HAVE said and stand by is that dedis and sp are NOT mirrors of official.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived