v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BeardO said:

The solution is 10 people with high powered assault rifles and rexes to cover the attacks of the birds.  Only viable way now on official settings.  Nothing can withstand the dragons fire breath doing 20% damage going toe to toe.

So tribes consisting of less people, or mini tribes like the one I run are basically screwed, as there's no chance to get this kill then.
We're 3 people, 5 if we're lucky to get everyone online at the right moment and prepared properly to take a fight.

Also assault rifles?
What are we talking here then? Journeymans? Ascended?
And how many bullets? 2000 bullets?

6 minutes ago, Olivar said:

So tribes consisting of less people, or mini tribes like the one I run are basically screwed, as there's no chance to get this kill then.
We're 3 people, 5 if we're lucky to get everyone online at the right moment and prepared properly to take a fight.

Also assault rifles?

If you're going to fight dragon and be using guns, you'll want 250%+ weapons and like... 2000 rounds per person with an assault rifle. Obviously fewer with other weapons. It's the ultimate boss. Extreme costs is to be expected.

1 minute ago, Wallbuilder said:

If you're going to fight dragon and be using guns, you'll want 250%+ weapons and like... 2000 rounds per person with an assault rifle. Obviously fewer with other weapons. It's the ultimate boss. Extreme costs is to be expected.

I want to see a legit kill from this, no cheats, no stuck boss, a legit kill where people pull this off. And less then 10 people.

POST v270

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Also assault rifles?

before the arena was flattened we used Ascendant 250% damage AR and each took in 2.5k rounds and had 8 folks fighting. totally different now tho, no where to hide.

Just now, Olivar said:

I want to see a legit kill from this, no cheats, no stuck boss, a legit kill where people pull this off.

POST v270

Honestly, using guns I'd never expect to kill it with just them. They're just to supplement damage while it's in the air. Most of the damage should still come from dinos.

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

before the arena was flattened we used Ascendant 250% damage AR and each took in 2.5k rounds and had 8 folks fighting

That's going to be near impossible to get for a tribe like us, but worth the shot.

1 minute ago, Wallbuilder said:

Honestly, using guns I'd never expect to kill it with just them. They're just to supplement damage while it's in the air. Most of the damage should still come from dinos.

I'm still skeptical about this.
I've seen that dragon tear through dinos like they're paper.
What kind of monsters do you bring in to offset the needed damage when using guns.
Cause I've been blasting that dragon with an Assault rifle before, and I'm not sure whether the health bar even moved after a few clips..

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

That's going to be near impossible to get for a tribe like us, but worth the shot.

What kind of monsters do you bring in to offset the needed damage when using guns.
Cause I've been blasting that dragon with an Assault rifle before, and I'm not sure whether the health bar even moved after a few clips..

I've seen recent vids where the Dragons health drops like crazy from assault rifles... These vids were before v270, and there were like 10 guys shooting with MC/ASC rifles, but it seemed clear that is part of the intended META.

I've also used them with great success, but that was before they started reworking the stats for bosses.

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

It does 20% of max HP damage that ignores armour. So High hp is useless - instead, you need HP regeneration.

Just now, Wallbuilder said:

It does 20% of max HP damage that ignores armour. So High hp is useless - instead, you need HP regeneration.

and that's which Dino?
Even 2 piggies cannot heal well enough to deal with the damage that boss produces.
And manually feeding cakes or other items means no damage is being done on the boss.

This is BS in my opinion. Bosses are already hard enough. Think about it... the game has been out for a month today and do you know anyone on the new official cluster who has defeated the dragon? What other game takes more than a month to defeat one of the lesser bosses? Once you get the dinos needed and the technique down it should be doable with 1 or 2 people since boss fights are the only way to get element and element powers everything. Kind of like killing a titan with a bread and imprinted Giga, bosses should be doable. You should not need a huge tribe to access end game items if you have the right armor, saddles, dinos, and technique. Gigas and Titans can pin us, we should be able to pin bosses.

Maybe this is a way to make sure we buy the expansion pack? I hear element will be plentiful there.

1 minute ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

This is BS in my opinion. Bosses are already hard enough. Think about it... the game has been out for a month today and do you know anyone on the new official cluster who has defeated the dragon? What other game takes more than a month to defeat one of the lesser bosses? Once you get the dinos needed and the technique down it should be doable with 1 or 2 people since boss fights are the only way to get element and element powers everything. Kind of like killing a titan with a bread and imprinted Giga, bosses should be doable. You should not need a huge tribe to access end game items if you have the right armor, saddles, dinos, and technique. Gigas and Titans can pin us, we should be able to pin bosses.

Maybe this is a way to make sure we buy the expansion pack? I hear element will be plentiful there.

Think you just nailed the element part right there! ?

7 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Maybe you could get element for killing alphas? Just have to defeat the boss once to get the engrams. That would be a fair compromise.

Wait... When did WC start doing fair compromises? ;)

5 minutes ago, Kayin said:

The thing that really pisses me off, is I don't even know if this thing is possible to be beaten by a 2 - 3 person tribe.      So thanks WD,  just let me spend 100s of hours wasting my damn time on an impossible task?

SP testing is practically a requirement for these sort of things before doing them on a server.

18 minutes ago, Kayin said:

The thing that really pisses me off, is I don't even know if this thing is possible to be beaten by a 2 - 3 person tribe.      So thanks WD,  just let me spend 100s of hours wasting my damn time on an impossible task?

My tribe was 3 strong and we tried a ton of different approaches.  We used rexes in waves, theros with veggie cakes, without and without turtles for tanking.  The only think that ever worked was allying with two other tribes of 2-3 people and all taking in Ascended AR with around 3000 rounds total and that was for the "easy" dragon.  Even with 7 people and twice the ammo we could never manage the Beta Dragon.  Best we did was 1/4 HP left.  The fire damage of the dragon is just too OP.

So when we tried doing it with rex's, we used a yuty and we didn't get it below 50% hp. I do not believe rex's are the way to do it. As some people have said, the dragon's breath attack does not affect all dino's, that's why my tribe when we last did it went on megaloceros (The deer) Believe it or not it actually worked, next time we do it, i'll get a video and upload it. 

3 minutes ago, Anumis said:

So when we tried doing it with rex's, we used a yuty and we didn't get it below 50% hp. I do not believe rex's are the way to do it. As some people have said, the dragon's breath attack does not affect all dino's, that's why my tribe when we last did it went on megaloceros (The deer) Believe it or not it actually worked, next time we do it, i'll get a video and upload it. 

The deers, really! That's frigging amazing! I was joking about breeding super turtles to try it with once... I might actually do it now.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived