v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

"v271.0
- Fixed some boss exploits."

I heard from someone that bosses now just move through tames so it's impossible to pin them and therefore has broken the dragon fight. Seems there's no plan to actually fix the fight either. Any other blunders made to the bosses? Has anyone had success on official with the dragon since?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

"v271.0
- Fixed some boss exploits."

I heard from someone that bosses now just move through tames so it's impossible to pin them and therefore has broken the dragon fight. Seems there's no plan to actually fix the fight either. Any other blunders made to the bosses? Has anyone had success on official with the dragon since?

Dang that's some info is like know. Hopefully this thread blows up.

Good post man!

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Seems to me that there must be another viable way to beat the dragon without getting it stuck in the Rexes. I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Just a thought, but kill it with kindness! ? JK! The DOT is useless against herbivores, so a well bred team of them may be the new META if this is true... My guess is Theri.

1 hour ago, crasht01 said:

My Rex's pinned Broodmother or she was just lazy today

Might just be the dragon then. I went into singleplayer, completely surrounded it with gigas every time it landed, and it took off with no trouble each time. Considering the much larger size an unridden giga swarm should have had no trouble pinning it.

They made dragon nearly impossible to pin a little while before official release but apparently it was still possible, it was just very difficult. The way we killed it (And it may have just been luck, i'm not honestly sure) Is we went in with 6-8 people on bred Megaloceros with the best saddles we could (All around the MC level) and we brought in whatever high end weapon we fancied (Compound bows, pump-action shotguns, Assault Rifles etc) and we were able to down the boss without any issue. We did bring 2 rex's on passive though as fodder, so idk if that influenced anything. 

24 minutes ago, Anumis said:

They made dragon nearly impossible to pin a little while before official release but apparently it was still possible, it was just very difficult. The way we killed it (And it may have just been luck, i'm not honestly sure) Is we went in with 6-8 people on bred Megaloceros with the best saddles we could (All around the MC level) and we brought in whatever high end weapon we fancied (Compound bows, pump-action shotguns, Assault Rifles etc) and we were able to down the boss without any issue. We did bring 2 rex's on passive though as fodder, so idk if that influenced anything. 

Apparently thinking outside of the "20 rexes, charge!" box is too hard for most.

We've been running several tests on our server so far, and the overbread Rex charge does not work on our dragon.
Right now we're going for some perfect breeds with the rexes, but the best we have obtained so far on GAMMA dragon is 50%.

50% on one of the easier bosses.
We never struggled on any of the other encounters, be it alpha level manticore or alpha level broodmother.
Even with just 2 people and our boss army we could beat them.

Dragon?
Not a single chance in hell to kill this thing.
We got one kill during a test cause we bugged him out with the stuck mechanic.
Everything else has failed so far.
And that's with ascendant gear on both players and dino's.

18 minutes ago, Mardagg said:

Instead of insulting others, you may bring a working solution up? Don't forget to add a proof (video or so).

The solution is 10 people with high powered assault rifles and rexes to cover the attacks of the birds.  Only viable way now on official settings.  Nothing can withstand the dragons fire breath doing 20% damage going toe to toe.

Dragon can move through tames, and if it dies, it makes you impossible to move on that tame, on or off it.

also, on player dedicated servers or non dedicated, you can't spawn in broodmother or the gorilla to get the rest of the TEK Engrams for whatever reason, as the codes just don't work. Our admin tried doing so for an hour last night for my tribe to know avail.

4 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

@Jatheish

We really wanna know how Wildcard tribe deal with dragon on official rates.You guys can make a tutorial video please.and one more video about how to farm element solo

Lol... I highly doubt WC will produce videos showing you how to beat their game the easy way.

16 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Lol... I highly doubt WC will produce videos showing you how to beat their game the easy way.

i doubt about having a way.they consider all they ways as exploit and they fix it.Problem is Ark not an early access anymore.You cant change settings and just say "fixed some exploits" now.

There will be no excuse for player's casualties anymore

9 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

i doubt about having a way.they consider all they ways as exploit and they fix it.Problem is Ark not an early access anymore.You cant change settings and just say "fixed some exploits" now.

Well apparently they can because they just did. I'm pretty sure they expect ammo to be the META for the dragon and not the Dino's. If they wanted it to be a dino battle they would've allowed flyers.

8 minutes ago, BeardO said:

enablecheats

cheat god

cheat infinitestats

That's how they do it lol

Lol... Most of the time yes, except cheats are always enabled for them. ?

1 hour ago, BeardO said:

The solution is 10 people with high powered assault rifles and rexes to cover the attacks of the birds.  Only viable way now on official settings.  Nothing can withstand the dragons fire breath doing 20% damage going toe to toe.

Theriz + Veggie cakes

Maybe throw a pig in.

Yutyrrannus for dmg/resist buff

1 hour ago, Mardagg said:

Instead of insulting others, you may bring a working solution up? Don't forget to add a proof (video or so).

There are a few ways I'm thinking of, but at the moment I'm basically solo on the new official servers so it will be at least a few weeks before I can attempt dragon. However, a good start is to use Theriz' with veggie cakes. They restore 10% of HP every 30 seconds - which significantly prolongs lifetime.  Also having more tribe mates can make a drastic difference. Split up into groups of dinos(made easier with tribemates) to avoid the fire AoE and rush it when it lands. Also consider a Yutyrrannus(It gives 25% dmg/resistance) and a Deaodon, which can be used for additional healing.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived