Rex Vs. Deathworm question.

Grandta

• Volunteer Moderator

unless you have a really good saddle i wouldnt risk it. im assuming this is a tamed rex, so no imprint.

best bet would be having another rex of the opposite sex for the mate boost and to help tank, but even then you will be force feeding (alot) between fights.

lets see what others think tho:)

fyi, bring lots of cooked meat for force feeding too

9 minutes ago, Grandta said:

Would my Rex be able to take them on?

Stats; lvl171 HP 10,243, melee 229

On my 10k /500% i usually would lose 4k - 6k per battle.(Prim saddle) Since you have less than a double dmg drop you would need  around 8-12k HP just to have a fighting chance. And remember that worms sometimes like company. And there are alphas also. 

It'll be tight. Deathworms do 225 damage per hit and have 20k HP at level 1 (I can't remember if they are all level 1 or not). Your Rex is doing roughly 141 dmg per hit. now you probably have a much better dps (damage per second) so we'll suppose you get 3 hits for 1 of the deathworms. Doing some math it looks like you'd need 48 hits to his 46 so you should be able to beat him if you are getting 3 hits for his every 1. 

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

The Worms are considered a mini boss so I doubt it, but it would be interesting to test it out.... Man these threads are giving me good ideas for YouTube today. Thanks! ?

2 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

What's your channel

Second that. PM me with it if you don't want to deal with the trolls.

3 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

What's your channel

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Second that. PM me with it if you don't want to deal with the trolls.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCOxOZH8WT0tJLDjRUalBKyg

I'm public, bring on the trolls, I'll deal!

I'm a small guy, and everyone watches me for Minecraft, not Ark... Lately I've been slow. Make no mistake, if I record it I'm passionate and knowledgeable. My Ark YouTube is heavily modded this past year but I always keep track of official because that's where it all began.

1 hour ago, Bevvydoll said:

What is the best way to kill the worms, wyverns?

From what I've seen and know, Worms=boss fight Dino's & Golems (Rex's, Wyverns, Bred Allo's, bears, Yuti's etc) and Golems (Said that ?). I'm pretty sure Bred Hyenas can do it well. Haven't tested yet though.

Wyverns=good guns and lots of ammo, other Wyverns, Bred Argy's (several generations) and Thylas if you can pin them.

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

I've always killed them with wyvrens. Had a lightning with 15k+hp and around 500 melee and he melted them

Lol... FTW! Lightnings my favorite!

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I've never tried it, but I've also heard that Golems are good.

Golems are the OP tame everyone forgot about, myself included... Gotta get back on that!

3 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

Yeah they are love my Theris

Oh dude, I loved the vanilla's and still do, but when my friend did a modded variant... Dang if they don't beat Rex's!

FYI- since childhood, long before Ark or Jurassic Park, Rex's and Trikes have always been my favorite creatures. That's never changed IRL!

I've killed Worms with Giga's and Rex's. A 300% melee Giga with 30k HP makes short work of even Alpha Deathworms. not there yet on new officials but we'll get back there and then just stomp around the desert with no fears hoping to find a deathworm. 

Also get Ghillie BP's and place them hide and fiber in your Giga's inventory  (actually don't need hide just eat everything to get that) then walk the desert eating mantis'. You can craft a 100 Ghillie sets in like an hour, maybe only 75 if it's a full ASC set. 

You can probably kill one or perhaps two worms before you need to retreat.

The damage on your rex is not very good, sadly.

The best for killing Deathworms is a giga. Even a low level can do it easily.

If you are strictly using SE creatured, the light wyv is best.

10k hp and 300-600 dmg

You can also bring two, one of them hp-specced, with the 'stay grounded' enabled.

anything can kill deathworms if you bring enough

a pack of high lvl wolves make short work of deathworms

3 allos with 500 melee and 15k health melt deathworms

mate boosted direbears melt deathworms

the important thing is not what you bring, but how good you bring

weak stats like yours (no offense) is asking for troubles they are called death---worm for a reason.

i would not take a single rex with less then 12k health and 450-500% melee

19 hours ago, Ganelon said:

How are the Sloths against Worms? Are they a bug? Do you get the bonus?

Iv tested this, sloths sadly do not get a dmg bonus against them but you 'can' smash a dung beatle then go do serious work on one while enraged. Iv also tested vultures and hyenas, interestingly enough vultures have a habit of getting stuck above the worms and can kill deathworms with near impunity, they just need the health to survive till they get into that possition.  After a bit more testing im going to set out today or tomorrow and pit elite hyenas with MC meatpacks against them, in a controled enviorment seven utterly destroyed an alpha death worm with no loss of life, but in the chance that was a fluke im going to run some more tests. 

Archived