ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Hardcore, if structures have no owners, can their demolish timers start instantly so that solo players who have no tribe to rejoin aren't given the disadvantage of littering their desired building spots with potentially incredibly-difficult-to-remove structures that only aforementioned tribes (who probably have better things to do) are equipped to remove?

Also promise me that you won't abandon Hardcore altogether!  The fact that there's only been one server per-map seems quite bleak!

A question regarding Cooking.

Cooking is an integral part to Ark, if not a critical portion of it. You use it to make taming kibble, critical food buff items, healing tonic, to even super food that enables you to forget that food and water are even stats. However, it is extremely time consuming and attention demanding until lvl 89, when you can finally make the insanely expensive Industrial Cooker, which cooks 1 recipes worth of items every 3 seconds (20x faster then the cooking pot, can cook multiple recipes at once), can hold up to 48 item slots (Thus allowing you to cook ALL your kibble at once), and can be irrigated (Thus you can put in 1 gasoline, fire it, and forget about it while you go grab the dino to tame, or harvest a few thousand metal with your ankyle/quetz combo). The Cooking pot only has 12 slots (Thus you can cook 2 items at once, maybe, maybe 3), cooks them every minute (So significantly more time to wait on it), and cannot be irrigated (So you have to change its water every 5 minutes).

To cook enough kibble for a max level Paracer, for instance (Because Paracers are really, really useful, and a early tame), requires 70 minutes with 1 cooking pot. You have to attend to it every 5-6 minutes to rotate out water and rotate in new crops. More cooking pots speed this up, but it then becomes a real chore of constantly juggling water skins.

You have the Grill and Campfire in comparision - it takes up to 15 minutes to fully cook 2 stacks of raw meat on a campfire, whereas in 15 minutes on a grill is enough to cook that amount 33 times over. However, the grill is both available at an relatively early level (50), and is significantly cheaper.

Is there any plans to either make the cooking pot easier to manage (Double the slots, or can contain water on its own akin to a reservoir to cook with), or to make the Industrial Cooker available at a significantly earlier level?

1 hour ago, panther2993 said:

Is structures plus going to be implemented into console edition and also pugnacia mod would be really awesome. Really enjoy watching you tubers playing pugnacia on volcano map

Adding Mods to console is an insanely difficult process because of all the Restrictions on Sony and Microsoft’s behalf. A lot of mods on steam wouldn’t be certified to be on a console. The likelyhood of pugnacia becoming a mod allowed on console is low to none

Okay here I go.... 

So I was wondering, do you guys have any intention of adding a ARK where all the failed specimens (dead people) go as a part of the lore? I mean eventually whoever made the ARKs would run out of specimens, so are people like recycled into different ARKs? I might be hinting at something...... #ripdahkeya.

Also will in the new expansion packs will the ARKs still only have four explorer note writers? Just wondering.

Will there still be more creature exclusives to scorched earth? In particular the native american thunderbird seems like a very nice fit.

Will we see a more in depth character creator with possibly different nationalities and less gross proportions?

Can we have another roadmap similar to the a little further out section that used to be there? I'm sure plenty of people would want to know what the future holds.

1. Can we have the option to hide dino names that are far away save after we log off? it seems like that should save instead of having to press the key every time.

2. please give us a server option to breed mythical creatures (wyvern, griffin, phoenix, whatever else is added or im missing)... please.

Are you aware of that the different wild creaturelevel algorithms are different between Island/se and Center/ragna? Currently it's much easier to find high lvl dinos on the latter 2 maps with a huge balance-issue as a result. Are there any plans to give every map (including the new ones) the same spawningalgorithm ?

I forget which digest it was in but i wanna say it was somewhere around the 20-24 mark when Tek was first being spoken of and shortly after its launch there was some tek mentioned as "coming soon". In that list of tek there was surveillance systems...are these still being worked on or have they been scrapped and if they are being worked on, when can we expext to see it? To my understanding there is a mod that does this already but i don't believe it sends streams to an external website. 

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived