ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the zipline have resource transport mechanics similar to the zipline in The Forest? If not, is this a mechanic you'd be up for considering?

With the emphasis on caves in Aberration, it would be neat to be able to collect resources up on a cliff above your base, put them in a storage container, and send said storage container down the zipline to your base.

Perhaps each end of the zipline could have an add-on piece that would act as storage container, and mechanically it would just transfer the items from one storage to the other, but an animation could play of a crate or barrel of some sort sliding down the zipline. Just a nifty idea I thought would be cool for ARK while watching someone stream The Forest. 

I got two questions 

First: Can we tame the Nameless little Things that come out of the ground when it is dark on Aberration?

Second: Could you add something like a...Radio or a MP3 Player? ;D where we  could put Music in an Folder in the game files to listen to through the ingame item? Maybe we could stick the MP3 to Pants...would be nice, i think if a Player can only listen to his Music and others cant hear his it could work, or not?

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I have couple questions:

• Can we expect that anyone from Studio WildCard acts like a mature adult and answers the uncomfortable questions as well as the nice one?
  • Do I have to start throwing F-bombs to get anyone attention?
  • What's the next meaningless stuff you are going to bring into the game instead of fixing your infrastructure? There hasn't been a single weekend for a month now where the servers would be stable. 193 SE (paid DLC):
    • 1st weekend lost 6hours due to some datacentre issue during which servers kept running resulting in plenty of babies dead and lost 2 imprints
    • 2nd weekend 14 hours offline time, servers rolled back
    • 3rd weekend 9 hours + lost in rollbacks and super high latency
  • Will Aberation servers be as bad as current officials?

What further optimizations are in store for current official servers to help with consistent lag and rubber banding? I am on a PS4 official PvE server that received new hardware and while roll backs and dc's have seen a noticeable decrease, dino rendering still puts you often to close and flying into even a relatively modest build (3 behemoth's, pillars, walls as high as the behemoth, square, stone, small side greenhouse) with an average number of dino's (141 as of this morning) causes a lot of lag and sometimes dc's. I also don't have any of the high definition graphic options enabled. 

With Aberration's direction into more mutant creatures, will we see the return of more prehistoric creatures in the Third Expansion or the game generally? I know there are several prehistoric creatures that many, including myself, still want to see in the game (Brachiosaurus, Inostrancevia, Maiasaura, Carcharodontosaurus, etc.). Also, any hints on what kinds of new characters will show up in Aberration via Explorer Notes and what role they will have to play (e.g. what time periods would such characters come from, good guys vs. bad guys, etc.). Lastly, will we ever find out what happened to characters from the Island whose fates were left more or less ambiguous (ex. Nerva (even though he's probably dead), Mei-Yin, etc. in that manner)?

Archived