ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past crunches you mentioned adding a line of code that will allow achievement unlock-able skins/hairstyles to remain with your steam account even through re-installs of the game so we do not have to re-obtain them after a re-install of the game on a different hard-drive or PC. Any clue when it might be implemented?    

Could more structure types be implemented? (Behemoth walls, draw-bridges, docks, furniture).

Could there be an option to have chest hair?:D

Do you think it would be unbalanced to have Argentavis being able to drop rocks like a Chalicotherium (but you'd have catapult ammo in its inventory, so it wouldn't be infinite)?

Some TLC ideas:

Parasaurolophus has a morale-boosting call that gives herbivores resistance to carnivores. Model change.

Stegosaurus can flush blood into its plates, creating an intimidating display to enemy carnivores (debuff). Modle change (slight).

Tyrannosaurus roars give small-to-medium sized herbivores a debuff in resistance from carnivores. Model change.

Utahraptor can latch on to larger enemies, dealing damage until stamina runs low. Super model change!

Terror Birbs get an increase in size, decrease in speed, increase in health and weight, and a new "ax-beak" attack that causes slight bleeding and torpor.

Pachycephalosaurus gets an increase in size, health, weight, melee, and a slight increase in movement speed. They become very efficient at KOing players.

Pteranodon model change.

Dire wolves are made weaker than Smilodon as individuals in almost every stat (except weight), incentivising a tamed pack even more. Model change (and maybe a saddle?).  

Brontosaurus gets a stomp attack(s) like the Titanosaurus.

- Are automatic defenses going to be updated in order to have more types included with distinct functionality (ie, anti-air, anti-ground, mortar...) more examples in this post:

- Is there any plan to make some kind of very low rate of fire, very high Damage TEK sniper rifle, regarding this some kind of "Teak Weapons lineup" would make more appealing to jump from metal to TEK.

- Could you give us any examples of distinct functions of TEK saddles apart of saddles shooting beams?

Thanks in advance.

(i posted this in a response to a digest, but I figured I'd post it here as well)

Question:

Right now the main difficulty of taming and raising dinosaurs is spending a large amount of time (from minutes to days), standing by the dino, all in one sitting. Depending on the exact creature you may be active periodically (to get food, or protect the dino), but even then, 90% of the experience often equates to not doing much while you wait for the timer to tick down.

Raising wyverns solo generally involves actually not letting yourself get a full night's sleep (need to feed it every three hours). Regular troughs don't even last a whole night on scorched earth servers (much less a whole night plus then a full working day before you get home and realize your babies have all starved): everything spoils, unless you've possibly got a tek trough.

Will there be a pass on these systems (taming and breeding) in the future to make the process more:

• exciting and active
  • less initially time consuming
  • more granular and able to be approached at player leisure
  • less constricted by things like fast spoilage

Do you have any plans to make ARK: Survival evolved more playable in VR on PC in the future? Every time i have tried to play it with my Oculus CV1, it seems like it is always as bad as the first time i played it in VR and that no work has been done to change this? 

List of problems i have so far:

1.The first person camera only appears in one eye. (The other eye displays 3rd still in a different camera location.)

2.There is some crazy stuttering on the edge of the image.

3.Some textures only load in one eye and not the other.

4. The arms are just floating in thin air with no relative movement to the headset. 

(I could go on with this list, but don't want too.)

I've funded this game since the first month or so of early access and have bought all DLC expansions, and these problems are still the same. It's a real shot too the balls knowing you are releasing 'ARK park' all the while "VR compatible" ARK is still unplayable with a HMD. 

It would be a bloody great game in VR if it worked as well as 'ARK park' looks. But given the total lack of any VR bug fixes, I can honestly say i will never buy ARK park, or anything else that wildcard produces for virtual reality solely because i don't trust your work with VR anymore.

To say i'm salty would be a culinary understatement. I'm pickled and fermented. 

Is the split screen multiplayer still being worked on for PC?

will we see a Halloween event this year with new costumes both for players and dinos?

will there be more mountable trophy heads of animals in the future both for decorating and as a proof of our prowess in the field of battle (Carnos, Wyverns, Spinos and the like...)?

Would it be possible to get more natural animations? For example, I dont like playing in third person since your character holds things really awkwardly. It would be so much more natural if the character held tools and other things by their side and not out in front of them.

Also would you ever be willing to give each dino one or two idle animations? I know it would be a LOT of work due to the number of animals in the game but it would make the dinos seem so much more alive. For example, instead of staring at a wall for eternity an argy would peck at the ground when its not being used (all the animations would be interuptible at any time too so no inconvenience).

i have a good idea for a total conversion.. have you guys ever thought of adding different types of Wyverns into ark? like a two head wyvern or a fat wyvern or a smaller wyvern? i was thinking you guys should make a "How To Train Your Dragon" mod conversion that makes all weapons and structures Primitive no metal structures or electricity and adding in saddles for the different types of dragons at mid to end game stuff and also adding a map thats meant for dragons and the map is like giant islands to islands and secret valley islands for boss dragons and dragon lairs also adding in viking style structures and gear and viking boats would be fun. also making the oceans between islands dangerous to swim in like adding in sea serpents and giant man eating fish but its just a thought for you guys. 

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived