ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

Now that pubg (Player Unknown's Battleground) has gotten so popular, and Fortnite's Battle Royale-mode seems to be on the rise - what are your thoughts on Survival of the Fittest? Have you permanently discontinued it or is there a possibility you might pick it up again? If you do, will you continue on the version you have or take what you learned and start fresh, building a better ground?

I always loved that game mode and hoped it would turn into an esport along the way (as it was a lot of fun to watch as well).

And, now that I ask questions, I have two additional ones:

• Is there anything you can tell us about what types of changes the dinos will get in the TLC pass? Will they get new/updated animations? New abilities? New taming methods? Especially a fan of the interactive taming of the Equus, will something similar be added to more dinos?
  • Now that Aberration features cliff platforms that can be freely added to cliffs, is there any chance the tree platforms may get a touch of the same magic wand?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Ever thought of implementing a canary like creatures into Aberration since its mainly an underground map with gas leaks and low oxygen environments? The reason I say this is that miners used to take canaries into the caves with them to tell if they would have enough oxygen to survive and to give them a warning to natural gas leaks; If the canary died it meant they needed to get out of the area of the mine as soon as possible. Canaries are very sensitive to these changes in the environment and if this type of creature is added it would be a shoulder mount with low health and either a warning call, like the jerboa, or it could die all together. Saying this it should be a easy tame with low breed timers. Let me know what you guys think. =) 

2) Would you guys mind reworking the mindwipe tonic patch? As of now you can only wipe once per level and when you get to max level you are stuck with the engrams you have learned unable to unlock the new dlc engrams without creating a new character first. How about adding a system where you can only mindwipe once per real life month or after a amount of time, that way you cannot wipe constantly giving the older players access to new engrams with newer ways to play and balancing out gameplay? 

Will ark ever get a building update with more advanced structures. I would really like triangular and circular shaped foundations and stuff. I hate to bring up another title, but a building system like rust would be a huge improvement to bases in my opinion.

Hope you guys see this and keep up the great work!

Would you consider making a fishing bait that doesn't time out? Such as by combining honey, leech blood and cementing paste or organic poly or rare mushrooms etc. That would allow us to convert those commodities that time out into something extremely useful but would still be difficult to acquire for beginners. Mortar and pestle, Chem bench combo maybe.

Will DLC maps continue to have new creatures added to them? Scorched Earth still has potential as well as ragnarok, and Aberrations potential seems almost limitless

Could Dino pens (of different sizes) be added as well as a primitive "crane" structure be added for easy dino transport/storage? 

Could we get a larger variety of ammo types? Definantly need some explosive arrows, tracking darts, a grenade launcher with different grenade types would be  awesome. 

Is Ark: Primal Survival still in development?? Also, if it is.. Can we expect a 2017 Release?

I would like to add to this that this has been a highly anticipated release for myself, my friends, and most of the player base that I have spent any amount of time talking to. All of which are wondering the same.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived