ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When reading the end of the Aberration description it explains that we will get the chance to face the "Nameless terrifying, yet somehow familiar master". My question here is this by any chance going to be Rockwell? As we know he has been experimenting with pieces of element and with the Nameless being element infused, it makes perfect sense that Rockwell has finally become the mad scientist he was portrayed as quite often.

1) Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, Spino, Bronto etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust mounted dino footstep volume ourselves leaving unmounted as is for now?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And after patch 256 the REX footsteps are even LOUDER!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the fourth time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

2) I don't put speed on my REXes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base REX speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es).   For example, my REX at 100% movement speed moves like he is partially encumbered after the update (with nothing in his inventory).  Could you please look at this and restore the base REX movement speed?

3) On singleplayer when I go to an obelisk and upload the character it immediately changes to a screen to download my character back to the same map. When I hit "cancel" on the survivor download screen it then takes me back to the character creation screen. Hitting "esc" does not take me back to the main menu like it used to do in the past, where I could have then selected a different map to download my character. Now I am forced to alt-tab out of the game and use task manager to terminate the "shootergame" process, restart the game, and then select the different map to download my character to. If you do not use a cheat to save your game world prior to uploading your character, you may have duplicate dinos/items left behind on the original map upon return, since you had to forcefully terminate "shootergame." This is a very sloppy way of transferring a character on singleplayer, but the only one that works at the moment. Could you please fix this so that we can once again "escape" back to the main menu after uploading a character on singleplayer, and subsequently download them properly to a different map?

4) I have been hosting my own private server for a while now and recently set it up as a cluster so my players and I could transfer between the Island and SE.  As has always been the case for me, in order to see/connect to my server from my own LAN I have to select LAN from the ARK login screen, then everything works fine.  My external users (those connecting from the internet) can connect normally without issues.  However, when I go to transfer my character from the Island to SE my cluster server doesn't show up as there is no "LAN" option given like there is on the initial game login screen.  I can upload data and creatures fine (equipment, dinos, etc), but the transfer character option doesn't see my server/cluster.  My external users can transfer their characters fine across my cluster (as they do not need the "LAN" option to see my cluster servers).  I've got all the ports setup properly (as my external users can see/connect/transfer on my cluster fine, but I (playing from my LAN) can not transfer my character.  Any chance this could get fixed so that unofficial server owners hosting/playing on their own LAN can cluster transfer?  Maybe give a "LAN" option on the character transfer screen like there is on the login screen at least?

Hey guys. This may be on odd question. We have cross ark play going, more or less. But I have often wondered if it would ever be possible to have inter-ark travel on the same server? Like, only once you ascend (legitimately, no cheating) and unlock the other arks you would be able to freely travel, possibly by obelisks, between them.

On 9/28/2017 at 12:58 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

You know the drill! Have a question for the next ARK: Digest? Let us know! We're still accepting Aberration questions for those who didn't get theirs selected last time

Thanks!

Edit:

Just to clarify, you can also ask us non Aberration questions, this isn't an Aberration focused Q&A, just leaving the option up

Will aberration be released the same time on all platforms?

1. Can we have a dino mind wipe potion please?

2. Can we have a dino slow down key please (some dinos are too fast to maneuver at "normal" speed)?.

3. Can we have a teleport command that takes you to a GPS position please?.

4. Can the admin manager show all survivor's GPS positions?

5. Can we have better explanations/documentation for all server options please?

6. Can we have an API to query dino's and survivor's details and give items to their inventories - accessible through RCON please.

7. Can we have server options to specify dino and survivor spawn locations (this would help with setting up events).

will glowing mechanics of fire and heat-based structures be optimized? what i mean is that fire itself is hidden behind walls, but the glow of torches and fireplaces and campfires and forges is still visible through walls. unless you keep a campfire directly in the center of a room, any player can see the red glow projected onto the ground or nearby surface in the environment. this makes hiding bases much more difficult. can this please be fixed?

Here's a question that most player don't have YET: Why were there changes made to the manticore but not listed in the patch notes? Just lost the majority of my rex line, thanks WildCard you are doing great as always (sarcasm). 

Here's another question you won't awnser: Why do keep "fixing" stuff whilst all you are doing is breaking it to have at least 2 other patch notes to fix the things wrong with the initial fix.

Here's another question you won't awnser: Why is the AI of the manticore that stupid at the moment that it keeps flying in a wall and lands a total of 5 times in 20 minutes? 

Here's another question you won't awnser: Why are you releasing a new DLC when the old DLC's are still broken (not small bugs, actual huge stuff)

Here's another question you won't awnser: Considering with all the bugs in the game and the negative feedback from the community, do you feel like this game is alpha worthy? 

Here's another question you won't awnser: What will you do to prevent the server crashes during the weekend and the 255 ping weekends?

Here's another question you won't awnser: Why are the devs or community representives not listening to the community?

Here's another question you won't awnser: With the changes made to the manticore can you name 1 thing that SE (paid DLC) has over the other maps that is positive? And don't say phoenix, because that too is still broken. 

Here's another question you won't awnser: Will the new DLC be ready when it will be lauched? --> ready as in no huge flaws, no huge bugs, no huge laggs, enough servers so they aren't crowded. To put the question in more simple words: Will you test, for once, your stuff before you actually bring it out? (not that i'm going to buy it, not another penny going to you guys untill you learn how to spend it well)

Here's another question you won't awnser: Why is there an official forum if official things are not communicated through the official forum?

I can keep going with these questions you won't awnser for about an hour more, thats how sad it currently is. But I have better things to do currently

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived