ARK Digest Question Collection!

Jatheish

1. In Jeremy's Gamasutra twitch interview last week, he mentioned another interview he recently had given where he upset the interviewer when is mentioned a game isn't done until it is abandoned.  Is there a link/citation for that interview to read or view?

2. Steam forums: by the very words of devs on the team as well, are disliked to visit, read or interact with.  Given that this is a significant portion of the community and player base this would seem to be a concern. Its not just there of course but it is has been more often cited(there is even at least 1 community titled dev that hasn't even logged into the forums here on the website for almost 3 months now).  There does seem to be intended 1 way or limited 2 way communication being presented.  This then feeds and grooms the vicious cycle of us vs them hostility on both sides and has lead to -so- much disinformation, misinformation and more being prevalent both on Ark's steam forums and elsewhere(one recent example was some person claiming insider stock trading, bankruptcy and more by WC(it was a really out there post btw)). Players then are left to, with the limited sources of responses, interviews and otherwise, try to refute, debunk, and stop the spread as best as they can such disinformation/misinformation due to the communication vacuum that exists due to the reticence of the team to interact in the forums and other mediums of communication.  And its not getting better, its getting worse. Thus, the questions are:  1. Does the team agree that these are serious issues.  2. What is the team -explicitly-going to do to, not in a cursory way, but in a consistent way put in place things to improve and proactively engage with such communities?

3. In the ascension station, translation of the quaternary messages reveals that our characters are "homo deus".  With aberration, will there be any aberration versions of our homo deus species (not necessarily like morlocks of HG Well's conceptually but something along those lines)that will be a commonly found threat in this ark?

4. Some people are having difficulties with contacting support due to the requirement to register on the website in recent months. Often cited is the dino security question and how it creates confusion with what is the correct answer for both native and non native speakers of English alike.  Additionally others report issues with not receiving confirmation emails (which creates a catch 22) or then later being unable to get responses from Chris on twitter even to rectify issues.   This seems to be an unnecessary if not counter intuitive situation for people to receive support(unless I jokingly cite Comcast or something). As this game continues to grow and the demand for support grows with it, this would seem to be a needlessly cumbersome, if not discouraging way to give needed support for the game.  Explicitly then, how is this going to change to be subordinate to the support needs of players?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you guys make the generator have a reduced noise setting/option? Maybe make it consume more gas in exchange for this setting.

Also could you give us the option to adjust the resource spawn radius around foundations? (For Official) For example the default setting would be what it is now. To adjust the spawn radius you would have to hold Y or Triangle over each foundation and manually set the spawn radius. 

These two changes would greatly help out solo players and smaller tribes.

Ya I have a question for you when are you guys going to start taking action about all the pillars and people building where there not supposed to. All 4 of the legacy rag servers are like this please do something about this I'm a preview player and I would like it if my last 2 years hasn't been for nothing thanks love the game

Will abberation engrams and dinos be available to tame on ragnarok or any other free map, like the stuff from SE we paid for that is now free for everyone?

Will the upload timers for eggs and kibbles get fixed soon, so they don't reset before reaching 0 and we can transfer them again?

Will the collectors edition without game be available before christmas?

Not sure if you guys are aware, but on xbox the Doedic has an issue where it freezes half way through it's level-up animation, but returns to normal when (I assume) it finishes it's animation. I was wondering if this was gonna get patched soon?

When and what can we expect from Fear Evolved this year?

Is the underwater obelisk and boss fight still planned, or has it been scrapped?

Is there any info you can give us about Aberration without spoiling too much? Really look forward to this dlc :D

Hello!   Now that we have moved to official release - are you looking to improve the lead time on updates to servers and or upcoming events?

It is impossible to play at times to plan for long game playing periods (saying doing baby raises etc) especially for non-US people when servers tend to be almost randomly restarted.    Events are the same; we only tend to find out about events when they go live - some heads up say 24-48 hours in advance would be nice!

Other massively multiplayer games have regular patching days and scheduled events after all; it would be nice if Ark was a little more professional and coordinated.

Might be an unusual thing to ask but would you ever consider implementing an option to view a dinos original stats and level after taming and leveling up? I'm really getting into the breeding side of things and love breeding for numbers but unless you make a point of taking a note of the original stats before something is tamed then it's really hard to keep track. I know afew of us obsessive breeders would be very appreiciative of something like that! Thanks <3

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived