Alphas an prime meat

Humunculus

3 hours ago, Wallbuilder said:

Strictly prime(Except Alpha sea creatures), ignore jaypak. My guess is they ate something dead next to the alpha. Depending on your method of harvesting, you can get from as low as 12~ from an alpha raptor to 150+ from an alpha rex using strong dinos.

Ignore me why?,,, a go on alpha hunts, raptors upto lvl 15 with my pt a lot and always get raw meat and some prime meat... has something changed that I don't know about coz you can actually see what's being added to your inventory 

Also point out that if you kill a alpha and start using a pick pike fists or axe it will also give you raw meat instead of prime

Try using something other than a rex or wyvern, sure enuth they will only collect prime

43 minutes ago, jaypak said:

Ignore me why?,,, a go on alpha hunts, raptors upto lvl 15 with my pt a lot and always get raw meat and some prime meat... has something changed that I don't know about coz you can actually see what's being added to your inventory 

Also point out that if you kill a alpha and start using a pick pike fists or axe it will also give you raw meat instead of prime

Try using something other than a rex or wyvern, sure enuth they will only collect prime

Becuase to be blunt, you're wrong. I've killed hundreds of alphas with dozens of dinos and on foot with every type of weapon. Never have I ever gotten anything but prime meat and hide. And the wiki also says the same. Perhaps your server has different options or mods, I do not know.

Not taking sides here, and I understand the wiki says prime but I feel like I get a little raw meat from alphas as well. Perhaps I just think I do, maybe like was said I may have killed something at the same time and got both, but I do *feel* like I get regular meat to. I'll have to start paying xtra attention now. (Pve Xbox official btw)

On 9/30/2017 at 2:11 PM, Humunculus said:

Would paracers be easier then hunting alphas?.

Know this is kind of an older thread, but when I lived just south of the swamp on legacy I found it far more efficient to just head to the swamp on a rex and take out snakes and paracers. In the same time it takes you to find a few alphas to kill you will end up with far more prime meat. Especially if you take a paracer wirh a platform saddle and an industrial grill on it. Then you can farm hundreds of prime meat in no time.  Up north where I am at currently it is more efficient to find alphas now though. Too far of a walk to the swamp 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/30/2017 at 9:45 AM, Humunculus said:

Killed a level 45 alpha raptor early not to hard just need to trap it but 2 prime and 100 hide cmon but blue bow and purple spear not too shabbby however i thought id be getting alot more prime im trying to make the mindwipe.

Tool/dino used would factor into what you harvest as well. For example. using a hatchet over a pick would focus harvesting on hide rather than prime meat.

On 30-9-2017 at 6:45 PM, Humunculus said:

Killed a level 45 alpha raptor early not to hard just need to trap it but 2 prime and 100 hide cmon but blue bow and purple spear not too shabbby however i thought id be getting alot more prime im trying to make the mindwipe.

since you got 200 hide the fault lies with you as obviously you used a hatchet instead of a pickaxe

on a good power specced theri it's even possible to get inventory capped once you kill alpha rexes (300 prime meat) during a x2 event

1 hour ago, raptorjesus666 said:

since you got 200 hide the fault lies with you as obviously you used a hatchet instead of a pickaxe

on a good power specced theri it's even possible to get inventory capped once you kill alpha rexes (300 prime meat) during a x2 event

Oh right jeez i know that know since the first reply i remembered pick is better for meat so cool it everyone.

What you need to know about all alpha Dino’s 

1. They drop plenty of prime meat.

2. They drop a reasonable amount of hide.

3. MAJOR: YOU CAN GET OP EQUIPMENT OFF OF THEM like ascendant gear (over 200% damage torpor etc) 

4. If you are not prepared they will wreck you. I suggest for alpha raptors running over it with spinos, Rexs and/or high lvl smaller rides (over lvl 100). I have has good runs with two reasonable lvl baryonyxes which are mate boosted. Alpha carnos and rex’s I have not had a chance to kill.

note: you cannot simply bola an alpha raptor. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, jcekstro said:

Know this is kind of an older thread, but when I lived just south of the swamp on legacy I found it far more efficient to just head to the swamp on a rex and take out snakes and paracers. In the same time it takes you to find a few alphas to kill you will end up with far more prime meat. Especially if you take a paracer wirh a platform saddle and an industrial grill on it. Then you can farm hundreds of prime meat in no time.  Up north where I am at currently it is more efficient to find alphas now though. Too far of a walk to the swamp 

If you put an industrial grill and a few preserving pins on a decent level bronto and have a tribe mate follow you on it then you can turn it into jerky on the go... makes farming prime much more efficient. Make sure you enclose your preserving bins, though.

Archived