Btuna6

Ragnarok spino spawns

It depends.
They're like unicorns.
You need to put a maiden virgin at the waterfall, and then walk the following sequence:

1. 100 steps to the north
  2. 20 steps East
  3. 30 steps south
  4. 40 west
  5. 10 North
  6. 20 east

When you then perform the Spino dance naked while holding a Torch and Jerboa, it's rumored to spawn.

• Haha 1

1.) Insert tuso into canyon

2.) Kill every fish in sight

3.) Wait 10min

4.) Go kill the 2-3 spinos that are now spawned

5.) Wait 10min and repeat 

If you don't have a tuso you're just in a bad position to be farming sails. Sorry. You can farm 10+ sails a day doing this ez pz. Now that the secret is out I expect every server to have 10 tusos in canyon 

Edited by Toqs

It's like that on the island as well. There are over a dozen people looking for them each day with very little success. Spino sails are a rare commodity. More rare than even giga hearts.

I doubt even increasing the spawns three times over would be noticeable. You'd think the swamp would be crawling with them since that was their natural habitat.

25 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

It's like that on the island as well. There are over a dozen people looking for them each day with very little success. Spino sails are a rare commodity. More rare than even giga hearts.

I doubt even increasing the spawns three times over would be noticeable. You'd think the swamp would be crawling with them since that was their natural habitat.

There are many spinos spawning on the server hosting my tribes legacy save now that we have wiped  others tribes bases.

sails for days

As a Server Admin > I've had a lot of complaints in my server, even people abandoning my Ragnarok server due to wanting to do the tribute boss but not having the Spinos to kill for the sails. Wild Dino Wipes every couple of days. No good so I added these to the game.ini

The other ones too because I couldn't get no Giga's or even Alpha Rex's to spawn.

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag="Spino",SpawnWeightMultiplier=4.0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=1.0)

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag="Gigant",SpawnWeightMultiplier=2.0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=True,SpawnLimitPercentage=1.0)

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag="Elite Rex",SpawnWeightMultiplier=4.0,OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage=true,SpawnLimitPercentage=1.0)

This did not help... after a Wild Dino Wipe still no Gigas, no Alpha Rexs and well Many more Spinos did spawn but given a day or two they were all gone again... probably like said, the Fish sharing the spawn.

So my new corrective action.

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesGigant_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GigaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.2,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gigant_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gigant_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="GigaSpawner",EntryWeight=0.2,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Gigant_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Gigant_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="MegaRexSpawner",EntryWeight=0.2,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("MegaRex_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.05)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMonsterIsland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="SpinoSpawner",EntryWeight=0.2,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spino_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spino_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntries_SwampWater_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="SpinoSpawner",EntryWeight=0.2,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Spino_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Spino_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5)))

Basic 

Monster Island - Added Spinos, Alpha Rex and Spino

Swamp Waters - Added Spino

Finally I see a Giga or 2 spawn

A lot more Spinos around the swamp waters, that's a relief but I'm still concerned with balance for other things sharing that spawn.

Though its still frustrating after trying DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers and ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer. I Still cant get an Alpha Rex to spawn... Never seen one on the server I don't think ever in my months...

So if anyone has another idea for that^ please share. =]

In Addition if anyone has a better idea of how EntryWeight=0.2 & MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.5 to better balance the swamp waters. I'm open to suggestions.

Following this > Customizes the spawning rate for a given dinosaur type. Types with a larger SpawnWeightMultiplier are selected more often when spawning new dinosaurs than types with lower multipliers. When OverrideSpawnLimitPercentage is specified, the type will never be spawned more than SpawnLimitPercentage * 100 percent of the time, regardless of multiplier. For example, a SpawnLimitPercentage of 0.25 specifies that the type will be selected for spawning no more than 25% of the time.

Edited by Zrokz

I couldn't find out where monster island was, I just picked the spawn because it spawned mean dinos. Also I think I just found my issue with Alpha Rex, There is No Issues, shame on me. Obviously relying on Structure Plus - Tek Transmitter for a dino scan to see whats what is doing but I did a test, dropped>spawned 5 random Alpha Rex's and found out the Dino Scan doesn't account for them. So they are there I think... =[

Edited by Zrokz

Problem is spreading... we did get the spino's after an all dino wipe by the server owner... but then that created a massive run on them... We got majorly females and all low levels so what happened there was... everyone killed the low levels in the hope of higher ones... and... you already guessed it... what brought only that they went extinct again. 
But also... Alfa rex, alfa megalodon and the big leedsichthys are gone from the map. Have not come across one since weeks!
All since they added the second spwanpoint of the giga's near the green pilon. May that have to do with it? I doubt it but that is where they started to dissapear from our map. Spino's have not even been in the picture much at all... it is just getting to this... dull status I have to say.

Plus we can not breed ovis (mentioned that in another topic) cause the babies just are never born. And no one seems to find that much of a problem either I get the impression... 

In the end... it looks like a lot of work still needs to be done on things and in that I would fear that the new expantion awaits this same fate..........

Need to rework boss fights to make them possible if the spawns aren’t going to improve. Finding one spino sail in two months seems a bit rough for ragnarok. Island is tough too, but killing the fish seems to help (sort of anyways). 

Totally defeating to require near impossible to obtain items to go to the next level. Maybe WC will start selling them like the skins...

What the hell is going on with Spino's on Ragnarok? I've been playing on an official Rag server since they released and i've only seen a total of about 7-8 Spino's, on the other hand, i've been watching Aberration gameplay and there are Spino's friggin everywhere...UNDERGROUND. How are there more Spino's on Aberration over Ragnarok, I'd say Rag is a Spino's paradise. Maybe it's a bug I don't know. What i do know is it's borderline impossible to do any boss other than Gamma.