Btuna6

Ragnarok spino spawns

My tribe and I play on official ragnarok 458 and we have noticed that spinos aren't spawning anywhere. We have asked the server several times if they have seen one and no one has. The spawns aren't built on or blocked in any way. Was wondering if there was something going on technically? Our tribe leader is a fanatic (she had over 40 on our legacy server) and has been really saddened that she gave up all her dinos and won't be able to get them back. She has really begun to be bummed and upset with the game. Please fix this.

Hang on tight? My tribe been looking for them for weeks now, not 1 found. We don't even want to tame them. The med and hard boss fights require us to gather spino sails. Shouldn't require a item that doesn't spawn on the map. I'd even be ok with getting them on a different map and bringing them back to mine, but can't even do that.

10 hours ago, Dirg said:

Spinos are tied to certain spawns. Find whats using it and kill them to make Spinos spawn. I farm them on Rag regularly. 

They're supposed to be tied to the fish in the area but killing all fish and every dino in the area still doesn't produce a single Spino spawn on our map. Ever.

They spawn commonly in the lake above and to the right of Viking bay, the one in my video series that I describe as Emerald Lake.   Essentially it lies on a high plateau between Viking Bay and the Blue Obelisk. 

The spawn seems to alternate between Spino's and Baryonyx, and I also frequently spot Spino's spawning in the numerous other small lakes in the vicinity.

This is on PC, so if you are experiencing the issue on console your results may differ.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

They spawn commonly in the lake above and to the right of Viking bay, the one in my video series that I describe as Emerald Lake.   Essentially it lies on a high plateau between Viking Bay and the Blue Obelisk. 

The spawn seems to alternate between Spino's and Baryonyx, and I also frequently spot Spino's spawning in the numerous other small lakes in the vicinity.

This is on PC, so if you are experiencing the issue on console your results may differ.

On our private server we have a base near there and saw one or two originally, but it's been months since I've seen one and I fly over it almost daily...

Our private server has s+ tek transmitters with dino scanning. 

Never more than 2 spinos on the map since the update.

Please guys take the easy fix and give them their own separate spawns, say a 15 wild spino limit and 10 or so spawn locations. You could unlink them from the fish spawns, or leave them, it won't really make much difference.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:34 AM, Btuna6 said:

On Ragnarok it says the Spino is very rare to spawn. In order to summon the boss fights you need spino sails. My question is, can you get the sail if you hatch one and raise it, then unclaim it and kill it?

I know the latest pc update increased spino spawns on rag, it's in the patchnotes..

3 hours ago, Ipsedia said:

there is a spawn around 82 37(going from the wyvern area down to the ocean by the river), and it re-spawns a lot, its annoying since I live down in the river mouth

I've seen one around that area also, but only 1 since the patch and nowhere else even when killing off all the fish in all the other areas where they are supposed to spawn.

The Ragnarok devs should do Spino spawns the same way they did them for Valhalla. That was perfect!

Edited by Z0mbie

Seriously, could we get the lack of Spino spawns issue addressed? Weather it's a WC problem or a Ragnarok problem we need Spinos to spawn and respawn on the Ragnarok map and they aren't unless you consider 1 spino spawn a month as spawning correctly. Spinos are a great versatile dino that I try to tame on every map but after playing over 600 hours on Ragnarok I have seen only 5 spinos and all were low level.

Ok, there are more spinos but they seem to spawn at a ridiculously slow rate, 7 or 8 spawn on a dino wipe, but 12 hours after killing them there are only 3 or 4.

So far the best place i have found is around 40, 40 in the water around the bottom of the pillars (7 spawned here last dino wipe) they also spawn around 73 90, 72 65, and 73 40 but on their own and rarely.

Will continue tracking spawns through the s+ transmitter.

• Like 1