100% efficiency stats

MTek9

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that just explains how a stat gets to its value after leveling it. I didn't see anything about how bred babies receive an increased taming efficiency bonus which is why first gen inherited stats are slightly above the wild tamed parents stats are and in turn how to determine what the stat will breed out to when bred. 

I just tamed a 145 bear that came out to 3680 hp at 94% (i think) efficiency. I currently have a slightly higher hp stat already though... and I want know if his hp will surpass my current one once bred and inherited

I'm not sure if all the stat's are effected by efficiency. I know for a fact melee is (Had a rex tame out with 358 melee, breed it and the baby had 361 with no mutations) But i'm not sure about hp. I do not know if there is a calculator for it, so i would guess that breeding it would be the best way to find out if the stat's are going to go up anymore, or if the tame stat's will be what you got. 

When you tame a Dino it is automatically assigned levels to stats so you may get 40 levels in damage which depending on Dino will be a set amount, now a baby will have a chance at inheriting that 40 levels or it may inherit the amount of levels from the partner.

The poster above has higher damage because he imprinted it which is another thing all together as it will never be higher unless mutated.

Ark Smart Breeding (formerly ark stats extractor) is what you want. its amazing :)

https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

1 hour ago, DoonDoons said:

When you tame a Dino it is automatically assigned levels to stats so you may get 40 levels in damage which depending on Dino will be a set amount, now a baby will have a chance at inheriting that 40 levels or it may inherit the amount of levels from the partner.

The poster above has higher damage because he imprinted it which is another thing all together as it will never be higher unless mutated.

Absolutely not true, babies get the equivalent of 100% taming effectiveness in the melee stat specifically no matter what the effectiveness was on the parent the stat came from.

So much misinformation lol.

When you breed the babies will inherit their parents stats. Say you have a rex with 200% melee, and one with 350. Breed them, and the baby will be born with one or the other. Same with all other stats.

There is a 2.5% chance of a mutation each time, which can randomly increase a stat, give a color mutation, or both.

8 minutes ago, SatanicPopeye said:

Also, there is no such thing as efficiency in breeding. There is imprinting, but imprint bonus does not pass on to offspring.

No, but there is efficiency in taming and that's where inherited melee can round up in first gen babies.

Here's an example screenshot i just took of a carbonemys, you can clearly see the breedable melee is higher than the current.

ark-turtle-stats.jpg

I have noticed that some of my Pteras which I have bred have had a little melee boost without a mutation. Here is my example:

145 Ptera with 312 melee

150 Ptera with 342 melee

Bred these together, baby came out with 345 melee... no mutation, just a little extra. No imprinting.

Ive seen a few of my babies come out with 1-3 points extra in melee compared to its parents. Its not a lot and its definitely not a mutation as I checked.

36 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I have noticed that some of my Pteras which I have bred have had a little melee boost without a mutation. Here is my example:

145 Ptera with 312 melee

150 Ptera with 342 melee

Bred these together, baby came out with 345 melee... no mutation, just a little extra. No imprinting.

Ive seen a few of my babies come out with 1-3 points extra in melee compared to its parents. Its not a lot and its definitely not a mutation as I checked.

Yes, babies count as 100 prevent effecient tames and will give a small boost to your melee if the parents weren't 100 or pretty much there at tame

4 hours ago, SatanicPopeye said:

When you breed the babies will inherit their parents stats. Say you have a rex with 200% melee, and one with 350. Breed them, and the baby will be born with one or the other. Same with all other stats.

There is a 2.5% chance of a mutation each time, which can randomly increase a stat, give a color mutation, or both.

Except the parent with 350% melee couldve had 94% efficiency at taming, and thus the baby inheriting the stat from that parent would get like 353% or something without a mutation.

4 hours ago, SatanicPopeye said:

Don't correct people when you're wrong. Yes, it will inherit one of the parents' stats, but as we said, if it's from wildtamed parents, there will be a slight boost to melee because it inherits the melee the parent would've had if 100% effectiveness tamed. 

5 hours ago, SatanicPopeye said:

They can and do get random stat increases.

5 hours ago, SatanicPopeye said:

Also, there is no such thing as efficiency in breeding. There is imprinting, but imprint bonus does not pass on to offspring.

Imprint buff when riding does not get passed on but stat increases can and do pass down generations. This is the reason for breeding multiple  generations and was part of breeding before they added imprinting and mutations.

1 hour ago, Harrist14 said:

Don't correct people when you're wrong. Yes, it will inherit one of the parents' stats, but as we said, if it's from wildtamed parents, there will be a slight boost to melee because it inherits the melee the parent would've had if 100% effectiveness tamed. 

Melee isn't always guaranteed an increase. The stat increases are just as random as when taming, except with breeding you're not always guaranteed to get any.

A mix of the parents base stats or all of one parents base stats is the guaranteed minimum.

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They can and do get random stat increases.

Imprint buff when riding does not get passed on but stat increases can and do pass down generations. This is the reason for breeding multiple  generations and was part of breeding before they added imprinting and mutations.

Melee isn't always guaranteed an increase. The stat increases are just as random as when taming, except with breeding you're not always guaranteed to get any.

A mix of the parents base stats or all of one parents base stats is the guaranteed minimum.

Some passive tames will likely not get the melee buff since some get 100% efficiency unless they get hit

26 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Some passive tames will likely not get the melee buff since some get 100% efficiency unless they get hit

If you look into the way the game calculates things you'll find while melee and food are both common for bonus stats, there isn't a guarantee of any bonus every time.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

No. 

Umm care to elaborate on your objection so I can rip it to threads? ?

Lol... Seriously, just elaborate! If you prove me wrong I'll admit it and thank you for the education with tons of humility and gratitude... Fair warning though, when I speak absolutes, it's almost always cause I'm correct... I am human though, so subject to screwing up... Also smart enough to admit and learn from it!

Challenge accepted or not??????

7 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Umm care to elaborate on your objection so I can rip it to threads? ?

Lol... Seriously, just elaborate! If you prove me wrong I'll admit it and thank you for the education with tons of humility and gratitude... Fair warning though, when I speak absolutes, it's almost always cause I'm correct... I am human though, so subject to screwing up... Also smart enough to admit and learn from it!

Challenge accepted or not??????

You're completely missing what we were talking about. We were specifically talking about the stats that end up higher on a baby than the wild tamed parents, without mutations, which are only melee and sometimes food. They aren't always higher, but a good percentage of the time they are, since they count as if you had gotten a 100% effectiveness tame. It only happens from wild tamed parents, not subsequent generations, unlike what you appeared to be saying about random stat increases.

Read your own link: "The stat-values (not the stat-levels) of the offspring are calculated like for a creature that was just tamed with a 100% taming effectiveness with the taming effectiveness bonuses applied. This means that an offspring can have higher values as its parents in stats that gets a bonus depending on the taming effectiveness (for most creatures this is Melee Damage and sometimes Food)."

And: "To understand this better, here is an example. Let's only look at the melee damage of a pair of Raptors. Assume they were just tamed with a taming effectiveness of 70% and have both already 4 levels in melee damage. The value you can see as melee damage is according to the formula on Creature Stats Calculation, the newly added extra modifier (balancing update), and the stats of the raptorsThe offspring inherits the values of its parents. But they don't inherit the plain value, but the levels the parents spend in the stats before being leveled up by a player. So the offspring inherits 4 levels for its melee damage (as both parents have 4 levels in this case). To get the value of the melee damage of the offspring, we calculate it like before, but this time we use a taming effectiveness of 100% (this is the way the game gives you another bonus if you breed creatures). The offspring has like the parents 4 levels in melee damage, but with the higher taming-effectiveness-bonus its value is 150.5% instead of 143.6%. The bonus is not much, but is clearly noticeable."

You're completely missing what we were talking about. We were specifically talking about the stats that end up higher on a baby than the wild tamed parents, without mutations, which are only melee and sometimes food. They aren't always higher, but a good percentage of the time they are, since they count as if you had gotten a 100% effectiveness tame. It only happens from wild tamed parents, not subsequent generations, unlike what you appeared to be saying about random stat increases.

Read your own link: "The stat-values (not the stat-levels) of the offspring are calculated like for a creature that was just tamed with a 100% taming effectiveness with the taming effectiveness bonuses applied. This means that an offspring can have higher values as its parents in stats that gets a bonus depending on the taming effectiveness (for most creatures this is Melee Damage and sometimes Food)."

And: "To understand this better, here is an example. Let's only look at the melee damage of a pair of Raptors. Assume they were just tamed with a taming effectiveness of 70% and have both already 4 levels in melee damage. The value you can see as melee damage is according to the formula on Creature Stats Calculation, the newly added extra modifier (balancing update), and the stats of the raptorsThe offspring inherits the values of its parents. But they don't inherit the plain value, but the levels the parents spend in the stats before being leveled up by a player. So the offspring inherits 4 levels for its melee damage (as both parents have 4 levels in this case). To get the value of the melee damage of the offspring, we calculate it like before, but this time we use a taming effectiveness of 100% (this is the way the game gives you another bonus if you breed creatures). The offspring has like the parents 4 levels in melee damage, but with the higher taming-effectiveness-bonus its value is 150.5% instead of 143.6%. The bonus is not much, but is clearly noticeable."

I understood completely and explained.

It states For most Dino's... Also if you keep reading you find out it isn't guaranteed, and bonuses can be randomly applied to other stats. If you've Bred enough, you'd know this. I've had babies where the only increase went into oxygen, and this was without a mutation... This is nothing new, it happened even before they added imprinting and mutations. Your observation is applicable, but it isn't the only part of the mechanics that effects stat increases.

Like I said the only guarantee you have is the base stats of one of the parents or a blend of both before mutations. It's in the very article you just used to try and dispute it. You know, the paragraph you conveniently skipped over.

The spawn of two dinosaurs will inherit the "natural" stat levels of its parents. Natural stat levels are the levels in each stat after it has been tamed but before it gains any stats through leveling-up by a player. There is a 55% chance of inheriting the stronger stat of each parent. This means you have a certain percent chance of obtaining a 100% perfect (meaning with only the higher stats of both parents) dino from both parents quite fast.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding

19 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Ehhhhh?

Imprinted stats are not passed down the generations or else that would have been a vicious cycle of power creep. If anything stats are not passed down at all, wild levels spent in any given stat do. And imprinting doesnt affect level points at all.

2 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Ehhhhh?

Imprinted stats are not passed down the generations or else that would have been a vicious cycle of power creep. If anything stats are not passed down at all, wild levels spent in any given stat do. And imprinting doesnt affect level points at all.

You are correct, it is OP, which is why they added a level cap on official to prevent super Dino's. Stat increases regardless of from imprinting or mutation can and do pass down... I manipulate it on my unofficials all the time to breed super Dino's.

Because it's modded high rate I can breed dozens of times in an afternoon, so I assure you I have ample breeding experience from which to speak of.

Video evidence:

18 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You are correct, it is OP, which is why they added a level cap on official to prevent super Dino's. Stat increases regardless of from imprinting or mutation can and do pass down... I manipulate it on my unofficials all the time to breed super Dino's.

Because it's modded high rate I can breed dozens of times in an afternoon, so I assure you I have ample breeding experience from which to speak of.

I think i see where your confusion is coming from, i also play with fast breeding (20x) and i also play with the auto trough mod and on occasion when i'm in a hurry use the baby trough ;). when you use the trough to do the imprinting, sometimes you'll see 0% imprinted when in fact its 100% and sometimes the stats will show as a mix of imprinted and non imprinted stats. you have to leave render distance and come back for everything to show up properly (another side effect of the "timer optimization").

your also breeding for stats and imprinting and forcing mutations all at once, combined with stats not properly showing until you leave render and return muddies the waters on whats really happening with the stats.

My process is to breed for stats first, and get a all stats non imprinted 0 mutation breeding pair. then try for mutations and/or make an imprinted one. and my observations have always been in line with the wiki and what ark smart breeding shows me, the only non imprint non mutation stat bumps are in melee and sometimes food on the first generation only, and only when the parent(s) weren't 100% taming effectiveness tames.

I hope this helps clear up why you may be seeing something other than what most everyone else in the thread is saying. we all want the same thing here, accurate information. have a good day :)

Archived