fanfiction ARK: Blood of Gods - Episode 1 TEASER

Bull1128

NOTE TO PLAYERS OF ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED...
Hello, dear reader. This message in particular is for anyone who plays ARK: Survival Evolved or anyone who is a fan. Two things I would wish you to bear in mind as you read this ; 1. I cannot stick to game mechanics strictly in this story, so you will see many times where a character will do something not normally done in ARK. As much as I would like to create a story implementing actual game mechanics, I can only implement ones that either can easily be explained or align with real-world logic, or can be associated with the somewhat Sci-Fi aspect of ARK. 2. The rules presented by the games' stories (A.K.A. Dossiers, Rockwell Records, Nerva Notes) are changed mostly in the story. While survivors can remember particular things, (of which helps them survive), they cannot remember everything, such as where exactly they are from, what happened between where they were and where they are now, and in certain cases, their name. It is various from survivor to survivor what they remember. Another note, this does not go by the official canon, this is my own take on a story for it, so you will see many a character and event nowhere in the story, and you will see aspects that may unfold entirely different throughout, or to put it more simply, this follows it's own canon. With all of that in mind, I hope you enjoy.

WARNING: THIS IS ONLY A TEASER FOR THE FULL EPISODE. FULL EPISODE WILL BE RELEASED SOON.

Chapter 1

Silence...the ultimate weapon of the hunter. It matters not what weapon he wields, for if he is a true hunter, he will always hit his mark, be it with gun or bow. It matters not the prey, for if it is made of flesh and bleeds blood, it can be killed. This was a lesson Nechyev had learned and saw proof of many times. And like any of his previous hunts, had the hunt gone normally, there was a good chance he and the village would have plenty to eat for several days. The other conditions, as well, were perfect. The cool air swept the trees nearby, and cooled the hunter. The sun was out and shining. The skies were clear and blue. And, perhaps most importantly, he was downwind of the prey, a fully-grown bull parasaur. Accompanying the huge man was his regular-sized, blond-haired brother, Myev. Every time they went on the hunt, it felt familiar. As though they were just as in-tune with hunting as the predators inhabiting the place they called home. However, of the two brothers, Nechyev was the more patient, but such is befitting of an older and much more experienced hunter. Myev could not stand waiting for minutes, and in certain cases, hours, when they could attack at any time. He did not have the discipline or needed hunting experience to understand the importance of subtlety and patience, that attacking early could render the hunt pointless, if not a waste of a good spear. "Do we attack now, brother?", he would ask. "Myev," his brother would say, "please be patient. Unless a raptor jumps out of the boulders nearby and attacks, I doubt this thing's going anywhere. And you musn't forget what happened when we nearly had the Phiomia.". "I tell you," Myev replied with frustation in his voice, whilst keeping quiet, "my spear was only a few inches off. It would have gotten away anyways, and the village was in need of food...". "...shh," Nechyev shushed, his eyes, as they were while his younger, inexperienced brother talked, fixed on the herd of Parasaurs. He had noticed they had raised their heads. But that was normal. What wasn't was the duration. "...something's off," Nechyev said, "their heads have been raised too long. I've only seen them do this for this long when...". Myev interrupted, "Than maybe they're too distracted to run!". Quickly, he stood up and ran towards the herd, spear raised and ready to throw. "Myev, no!", Nechyev said loudly, trying to still keep quiet, while running after him. By the time Nechyev reached him, his brother had thrown the spear. Suddenly, the two watched as a large ray of light appeared from the sky and down to the ground, the thrown spear disappearing in the bright white light. While Myev displayed an emotion of amazement, the world was still for Nechyev. He knew what the light meant. What it brought. He tried to stop Myev not because he would ruin their hunt. He tried to stop him because he knew, by the direction the Parasaurs' heads were turned towards the sky, a new survivor would drop in like they had, and that survivor would be standing between the two brothers and the herd of Parasaurs. Over what seemed like minutes, the two stood there, as the ray of light faded. Nechyev thought he heard something amidst the loud humming that came with the light, but he hoped to the heavens above that what he heard was a fluke, a sound created in his mind out of fear, because if his ears were true to him, someone was either dead or gravely wounded by his brothers' hand.

Chapter 2

The next hour or so passed by in a flash for Nechyev, with only small images coming to him. All he could remember were several things; a red-haired woman, lying on the ground in a pool of blood, a spear through her mid-torso, himself and Myev picking her up, and carefully and quickly as they could, carrying her back to the village, snapping at Myev after putting the woman in the village healer's hut. Suddenly, he regained his senses, and found himself sitting outside the healer's hut. Next to the door was a guard. Nechyev asked the guard, "Is there any word on the woman?". "Yes, Nechyev," the guard replied, "she was lucky, the spear didn't hit anything that she can't heal. However, Myra has asked that everyone still stay out and give the woman time to heal and room to breath.". Nechyev sighed in relief, "Thank you, that's all I needed.". Meanwhile, in the hut, the village healer, known as Myra, sat near and leaned over the woman, of whom is laying on a bed made of thatch and hide. She noticed that the woman had begun opening her eyes. "Good to see you're awake.", Myra said. The woman took a deep breath, and reached to her stomach in reaction to the pain, only to feel leathery bandages covering her wound. "W-what...happened?" she asked, squinting. "Two of our hunters were hunting some food for the village when you dropped in. One accidentally hit you with a spear," Myra replied, soaking a rag in a bowl of water and putting it over the woman's head, "now, please, relax. You need some rest.". The woman did as she asked and went back to her slumber. Several days passed, and the woman found herself waking up again. This time, she could actually make out her surroundings, a shack made primarily of what seemed like thatch. Beside her was a bowl of water and beside the bowl was a mortar and pestle, with some sort of green liquid inside it. When she looked at her own body, she noticed a bandage around her stomach with a large red spot in the middle. After several moments of silence, she noticed a voice outside the shack door say, "Yes, ma'am, she is nearly if not fully awake.". The door opened, and the woman noticed a female enter the doorway. "Ah," she heared the female say, "so you are awake." As she moved closer and shut the door, the woman began to make out the figure's features, but her vision was still somewhat blurry. "My name is Myra," the female said, having reached the woman, and got on her knees to speak to the woman, "I am the village healer. I was responsible for caring for you when they brought you in.". It was easy to see now a face of someone about 40 to 50 years of age, long-flowing white hair, and a jacket seemingly made of leather with a green cloth shirt underneath. The woman noticed something odd in the way Myra spoke. It was similar to the way she spoke, but Myra spoke in a way reminiscient of a time before her own...but she couldn't think of what time this was. The woman introduced herself, revealing that she spoke in an English accent, "My name is..." she took a moment, as her name almost escaped her memory, "...He...Hel...Ay-nah...Helena...". "Just as I feared," Myra said with a sigh of disappointment, "amnesia. Much like the others.". "O-others?", Helena asked. "Speaking of which," she continued, "where am I?". Myra smiled, "This is Blunt-Tooth village. Don't worry, you are safe here.". Helena gave a look of worry in her eyes, "S...safe from what?". Myra was about to explain when she suddenly heard the door open behind her.

Chapter 3

"Ah, Nechyev. Helena," Myra said stretching out her arm, the palm of her hand extended and her fingers pointing to the doorway in which the huge, pale man stood, "this is Nechyev. He helped get you back to the village after the incident.". When Nechyev spoke, Helena felt his accent was familiar, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Greetings," Nechyev bowed with one arm to his stomach and then stood up straight, continuing, "and my apologies. I had wished a first meeting with a new survivor would have gone much smoother, let alone without an incident such as the one that occured. I hope you will give me the honor of allowing me to show you around.". A few moments later, Helena found herself stepping outside the door. As she exited, she covered her eyes from the blinding sunlight. When she lowered her hand, she saw a whole village surrounded by wooden walls, accompanied by two huge gates on two sides. There were many different buildings, some homes, some storages, and others different shops and communal buildings. Most were made from wood, whilest there were a few shacks similar to the one she had exited. People, men and women, white and black and a variety of nationalities, went about their business. Several men and women, whom Helena presumed were hunters, were sharpening spears and readying cloth clothing in what seemed like preparation for a hunt, whilst others were heading to a small shop with baskets full of a variety of berries, from tinto to azul-colored ones. Seemingly entranced by the sights around her, Nechyev chuckled and put a hand on her shoulder. "Believe me, my lady," Helena looked at Nechyev, still stunned by the sights of what seemed a paradise, "if you think you are shocked now, I worry if your heart is strong enough to handle the next few sights.". He began to walk with her around the village. "Where is this place?" She asked. "That is the thing," Nechyev said, "nobody knows. Like you, we just one day appeared here. Eventually, when enough were found, we formed tribes. As ours is a peaceful tribe, we live off the land, and attempt to make our tribe as big as possible. The more we have, the more help we have to make our village better and better. What you see now looks impressive, from the perspective of someone new, but it took many months to assemble the walls, the buildings, and then to replenish our supplies. But now, we have somewhere to rest our heads safely, and somewhere to live without fear.". Helena looked around and back to Nechyev, "Fear of what? Myra told me that this place keeps people safe...but what do they need protection from?". Before Nechyev could answer, a woman could be heard saying loudly, "Nechyev, the scouts have returned!". Quickly, he went to the westmost gate and waited outside. Helena seemed confused. "Remember those sights I mentioned?" Nechyev said, smiling. Helena nodded in confirmation. Slowly, two men opened the gates, Helena and Nechyev watching patiently. The next few moments proved just as exciting as they did frightening. It began when the gates opened enough to where she saw a man, higher above than the size of a man, leading her to assume, correctly, that he was riding something. But the noises were of no horse she had ever heard, despite that how hard she tried, she could not conjure any memories of encounters with horses...or anything before the village, for that matter. Then, when the gates opened enough, her jaw dropped, as although she could not fathom where she had learned the knowledge of its' existence, she recongnized the mount in question as a Parasaurolophus Amphibio, more commonly known as the Parasaur, that had beautiful white-colored frills and crest and green skin. But as the creature went past her, her head still fixed on it so much to where she lost track of all her other surroundings, her face expressing pure amazement, she heard what sounded like a guttural breathing. She turned her head to be greeted with a forest-green snout, glowing orange-red eyes, and sharp teeth. She knew what this beast was, even before jumping backwards, but the knowledge of its' ilk only furthered her fear. This was Utahraptor Prime, or more commonly known, a Raptor. She jumped backwards, backing into the wall of a building behind her and Nechyev and quickly looked away, closing her eyes, teeth clenched, preparing for what was to come. As she expected, she felt a hot breathing on her face, and to her, several moments of silence. What came next was anything but what she expected. Her expectation; a moment of pain in the stomach or neck, the excruciation of a claw being driven through her stomach, or the needle-like pain of teeth sinking into the flesh of her neck. But what came was not to her stomach or neck, but to her face. She could feel the heat of the raptor's mouth change, leading her to assume it was preparing some unforseen and unheard of strike to her head, her expecting now to feel a long jaw stretch around her head and crush it. But then she felt it, and opened her eyes in amazement; a wet and cold sensation going up her right cheek. It took a moment of silence and realization of what just happened. This raptor, Utahraptor Prime, a pure killer, designed to kill animals around the size of a human without mercy or a chance to fight back, had simply walked up to her, and licked her face, not unlike a common dog.

• Bull1128 changed the title to ARK: Blood of Gods - Episode 1 TEASER

Archived