Rocket launcher/golem ko

anubis3691

Sorry if this has been asked before, Google didn't have any answers except the reason for this post.

Can you in fact no longer ko golems with launchers? Some steam and dodo dex post claim it no longer works but that was from months ago. 

Returning player so if it was in the patch notes I missed it. Wiki still says you can use explosives.

I tried taming a 145 rock elemental the other day on Scorched Earth with rocket launchers and it failed spectacularly. Never once did I get the animation of the elemental shaking his head after being hit with a rocket. It just took damage until it died. Now I've also read that higher levels tend to be more prone to die when being tamed in this fashion so that might also be the case, but without any animation that torpor was actually increasing I'm thinking they can't be tamed in this manner any longer. My next attempt is tame a high level paracer and put a cannon on it's back and tame them that way.

2 hours ago, Ocicat said:

I tried taming a 145 rock elemental the other day on Scorched Earth with rocket launchers and it failed spectacularly. Never once did I get the animation of the elemental shaking his head after being hit with a rocket. It just took damage until it died. Now I've also read that higher levels tend to be more prone to die when being tamed in this fashion so that might also be the case, but without any animation that torpor was actually increasing I'm thinking they can't be tamed in this manner any longer. My next attempt is tame a high level paracer and put a cannon on it's back and tame them that way.

Thanks for your experienced answer. I agree with you, if there was no topor animation, I doubt it was working. But also yes, higher lvls would be easily killed if you missed more than two shots in my experience previously. I killed one, tamed two that way. Tamed tons of low levels no problem. Just takes too many rockets for it's health to take at high lvl. 

I was thinking of using C4 for this, i got 2 charges from 2 drops.

I'm going to test this on SP with both the launcher and the C4, using a magnifying glass.

I'll be back.

Results:

Rockets to the head did not inflict any torpor

C4s to the head did not work either (i made sure they were exactly in the middle of its face)

No animation at all, explosives no longer deal torpor to Golems, may be a bug though, we don't know for sure yet.

24 minutes ago, Darckray said:

I was thinking of using C4 for this, i got 2 charges from 2 drops.

I'm going to test this on SP with both the launcher and the C4, using a magnifying glass.

I'll be back.

Results:

Rockets to the head did not inflict any torpor

C4s to the head did not work either (i made sure they were exactly in the middle of its face)

No animation at all, explosives no longer deal torpor to Golems, may be a bug though, we don't know for sure yet.

It's not a bug, they removed the ability to use rockets a while back. I believe it was when they nerfed them to no longer have upgraded stats (MasterCraft etc).

Someone on YouTube mentioned C4 as the new META around then and I believe we got the C4 Nerf not long after.

Cannon is now the only way, as the devs originally intended.

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

It's not a bug, they removed the ability to use rockets a while back. I believe it was when they nerfed them to no longer have upgraded stats (MasterCraft etc).

Someone on YouTube mentioned C4 as the new META around then and I believe we got the C4 Nerf not long after.

Cannon is now the only way, as the devs originally intended.

Catapults inflict torpor too, very little, but they do.

Not sure about Ballistas though.

At least now we know this is not a bug, thank you Bacon :P

26 minutes ago, Darckray said:

Catapults inflict torpor too, very little, but they do.

Not sure about Ballistas though.

At least now we know this is not a bug, thank you Bacon :P

No problem! And thank you for correcting me, I completely forgot about Catapults. ?

I do remember from past experience that Catapults do very little torpor compared to cannons. It's very inefficient.

Not sure about ballistas, I've never tested it myself and dont ever recall seeing another YouTuber do it. I doubt it's a thing but you never know. I've yet to tame a Golem this season, so maybe I'll test it when I do. ?

Archived