Boss Fighting in SP

Darckray

1 hour ago, Darckray said:

Can you do this using only one dino? (or no dinos at all)

Gamma of course, no Betas or Alphas.

I got plenty of Max Lvl Dinos ready for battle but i'd rather go there using my main mount and nothing else.

I want a real challenge, if i went in there with all i got they wouldn't stand a chance.

i think you need maybe 5 rexes with medium saddles. not sure. thing is, you get super melee and health with single player settings on your dinos

1 hour ago, Darckray said:

Can you do this using only one dino? (or no dinos at all)

Gamma of course, no Betas or Alphas.

I got plenty of Max Lvl Dinos ready for battle but i'd rather go there using my main mount and nothing else.

I want a real challenge, if i went in there with all i got they wouldn't stand a chance.

Hm, I first tried with probably 10 Rexes. I ended up dying on the way out. So, I used an old base area and put my Rexes there. Then I'd spawn in bosses and kill them that way to get the engrams. I do use customized settings, so my experience with them may be different from yours. Plus, these were bred Rexes from a pair of wild 150s.

I have gone through the Alpha Tek Cave and finished the end, but I used console commands like "god mode" to do it. I can't see how it'd be possible to do it alone. There are tons of dangerous creatures there, the Microraptors alone force you off your tame and make it so that it can't be mounted for a bit.

My suggestion is to build your army, back up your files, and give it a shot. If you fail, revert to your back up and try again, perhaps by using that console command or turning down dino damage in customized settings. 

15 minutes ago, Darckray said:

Sounds like they are way more strong than i thought then, i do have SP settings on though.

What i was asking is, is it mandatory? Will i only win if i bring a lot of dinos with me?

Or is this a cheese strategy to make it easier? i'm afraid of the bosses dying too easily if i do this.

Assuming it will be easy is only going to get you killed. You need several generations of breeding into Rex's before you have some that can handle the boss fights. Add some Daeodons & ride a Yuty. Also bring lots of ammo and some good guns.

I say you leave the settings alone and take a gamble and see what happens. What's the worst that can happen? If you lose a few dinos go back for revenge with "the Ateam" lol. 

You'll feel more accomplish if you beat it without cheats...if you cant beat it with your Ateam than you still got some work to do.

I'd love to be in your position lol I got 12 good rexes and I'm still nervous..going for the full 19 with a yuty. Best of luck to ya!

4 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Assuming it will be easy is only going to get you killed. You need several generations of breeding into Rex's before you have some that can handle the boss fights. Add some Daeodons & ride a Yuty. Also bring lots of ammo and some good guns.

What about the Gamma boss fights? are these this hard as well?

Because, if this is mandatory for the Gamma versions i can only begin to imagine how hard the Alphas are.

I'm lvl 93 at the moment.

5 hours ago, Darckray said:

What about the Gamma boss fights? are these this hard as well?

Because, if this is mandatory for the Gamma versions i can only begin to imagine how hard the Alphas are.

I'm lvl 93 at the moment.

Yes even in gamma, good tames might make it to the Dragon if you're lucky, but she'll destroy them. It's all about breeding super Rex's for the boss battles.

Archived