Small Tribe - Boss Fights - No Cheese

Kayin

Today we had our first success defeating the Gamma Blood Mother with 6 Therizinos.    13k health + 500 melee give or take on them all with primitive saddles.     We found that health was a problem.

I'm confident we can scale up to 20 Therizinos and maaaybe take the Beta bloodmother or Gamma Monkey.    The real problem is my tribe is very small and we don't have access to trade for godly rex eggs.

How do you take down the dragon without rex cheese?

How do we take on alpha level bosses with only 2 of us?

Strategies and tips are welcome.

Can't trade for rex eggs? Spend the weekend farming metal. A couple ankylos for metal, doeds for stone, grind the stone and flint to make sparkpowder. Took me about twelve hours to farm up 10k metal ingots to buy a quetzal summer of 2016. All I had was an ankylo and a bronto. That was alone. If you have other people in your tribe you can get even more.

And raising a rex is not that hard. My tribe just did that on this weekend. After raising like 8 wyverns. I think one of my tribe mates was raising like 5 pteras. Got two rexes to juvi. Gonna have me a decent meat farming rex.

49 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

Can't trade for rex eggs? Spend the weekend farming metal. A couple ankylos for metal, doeds for stone, grind the stone and flint to make sparkpowder. Took me about twelve hours to farm up 10k metal ingots to buy a quetzal summer of 2016. All I had was an ankylo and a bronto. That was alone. If you have other people in your tribe you can get even more.

And raising a rex is not that hard. My tribe just did that on this weekend. After raising like 8 wyverns. I think one of my tribe mates was raising like 5 pteras. Got two rexes to juvi. Gonna have me a decent meat farming rex.

39 minutes ago, PyroMancer said:

All you need it to buy one Rex and then mate it with the others to get more good rexes.

I'm sure these suggestions work great when playing on official servers with a trade network.   I'm not on one.   I'm doing a private vanilla server with a small group of friends.  Everything is default like officials, but no trade network. 

I agree that the rex is a bit overused in the boss fights, but it's really just super effective. If it were me, I'd keep chipping away at the bosses with the Theris while also looking for and breeding some decent rexes to mix into the team. As the fights get harder, the rex and yuti are hard to beat. 

In the meantime, pick up a nice little pack of Allos. They'll help chew things up for you.

As for doing the full ascension with two, I'm not sure...but when you figure it out, post it here because I'll want to know how.

6 hours ago, Kayin said:

Today we had our first success defeating the Gamma Blood Mother with 6 Therizinos.    13k health + 500 melee give or take on them all with primitive saddles.     We found that health was a problem.

I'm confident we can scale up to 20 Therizinos and maaaybe take the Beta bloodmother or Gamma Monkey.    The real problem is my tribe is very small and we don't have access to trade for godly rex eggs.

How do you take down the dragon without rex cheese?

How do we take on alpha level bosses with only 2 of us?

Strategies and tips are welcome.

Is the server you on yours or someone else's, pvp or pve.  Cause i would be interested in joining the server to help you out in taming rex's to help out with your bosses fights. Also what mods if any on the server.

We dont have the BEST rexes on our unofficial server but happy to organise for you to come on and grab some eggs if your server supports transfers too?

Our server is on 120 max wild and our current generation of rexes are breeding out at level 220-230, mainly HP and Melee.

We use the standard 17 x REX, 2 x Daedons (pigs) + 1 x Yuty for easy/medium Brood and Monkey - not yet done the dragon. Thinking maybe un-mounted tanks to take its aggro, bug spray and AR/Sniper/Pistol combinations to shoot whilst prone and hidden from the Dimorph minions.  We did start breedin up some Therizinos and some turtles but not sure what route we going yet for dragon boss.

We are the same though - only 3 regular players on the whole server in a single tribe although one of the guys has an alt account he logs to man the Yuty on his laptop whilst mounting his imprint rex on main PC for boss fights.

I'm in a 2 man tribe and we killed the Alpha Dragon recently. We used 19 bred Rexes and a Yuty. The rexes have a base level of 263 and are 100% imprinted. We levelled up the health to 63K and their melee is between the 2200% - 3000%. All of the rexes have a journeyman saddle (I think about 60 armor, not sure).

I usually sit on a Rex while my tribe mate sits on the Yuty. She buffs up the rexes while I chomp away the health.We've lost 6 rexes on the Alpha Gorilla because he threw them off the map and lost 9 rexes on the Alpha dragon due to the lava or the fire breath, I'm not sure.We now just farm the Alpha broodmother as it's relatively easy to farm the artifact's and items.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Breed rexes, they don't have to be crazy high either as long as you make sure the health and melee are high enough. Also imprint them as this makes a huge difference.

3 hours ago, Morx said:

The rexes have a base level of 263 and are 100% imprinted. We levelled up the health to 63K and their melee is between the 2200% - 3000%

How is this possible? I was hatching base 355 Rex's that would get to 18k HP and 640% dmg with 100% imprint on official legacy and getting them to 45k HP and 800% melee. They still had levels to go but I don't think they had enough level's to reach that. 

At their base HP of 15180 health they earned 819.72 Health per level, not including imprint that would cost 59 levels to achieve 63,000 HP. Their base melee was 537.4% dmg meaning they earned 9.129 points per level whcih means they'd need 161 levels, ignoring imprint, to reach 2000 melee. This is reduced slightly due to imprint but not enough so what kind of boost do you have?

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

How is this possible? I was hatching base 355 Rex's that would get to 18k HP and 640% dmg with 100% imprint on official legacy and getting them to 45k HP and 800% melee. They still had levels to go but I don't think they had enough level's to reach that. 

At their base HP of 15180 health they earned 819.72 Health per level, not including imprint that would cost 59 levels to achieve 63,000 HP. Their base melee was 537.4% dmg meaning they earned 9.129 points per level whcih means they'd need 161 levels, ignoring imprint, to reach 2000 melee. This is reduced slightly due to imprint but not enough so what kind of boost do you have?

Because he is on an unofficial server with modded rates.

5 hours ago, Morx said:

I'm in a 2 man tribe and we killed the Alpha Dragon recently. We used 19 bred Rexes and a Yuty. The rexes have a base level of 263 and are 100% imprinted. We levelled up the health to 63K and their melee is between the 2200% - 3000%. All of the rexes have a journeyman saddle (I think about 60 armor, not sure).

I usually sit on a Rex while my tribe mate sits on the Yuty. She buffs up the rexes while I chomp away the health.We've lost 6 rexes on the Alpha Gorilla because he threw them off the map and lost 9 rexes on the Alpha dragon due to the lava or the fire breath, I'm not sure.We now just farm the Alpha broodmother as it's relatively easy to farm the artifact's and items.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Breed rexes, they don't have to be crazy high either as long as you make sure the health and melee are high enough. Also imprint them as this makes a huge difference.

Please don't suggest "just breed some rexes" and brag about the stats on your rexes. You are either lying about the stats, or you are playing unofficial with inflated stats. Either way, your comment is unhelpful and misleading to anyone looking for a rough stats guideline to aim for. Unless you play official, please don't include unattainable stats with your strat.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Thank you for pointing this out. He is either using hacked dinos, lying, or playing unofficial. Probably the latter.

We were the first tribe to get tek transmitters n force fields. My ally is the first to lvl 100. We used 1st gen rexes from kibble tames. They hatched at 8k hp, and 308 melee. We took 9 rexes and one Yuti for dragon medium and it was more than enough; most with little to no imprint. We pumped health n melee. 20k health n 360 ish melee made it easy. Saddles were master craft.

For 2 people, I'd bring a few of those rexes, a Yuti, and a suicide daeodon set to passive healing if no rider. 

For brood mother, just take 15 or so megatheriums n let em rip...

5 hours ago, XxOpSuperDuperxX said:

We were the first tribe to get tek transmitters n force fields. My ally is the first to lvl 100. We used 1st gen rexes from kibble tames. They hatched at 8k hp, and 308 melee. We took 9 rexes and one Yuti for dragon medium and it was more than enough; most with little to no imprint. We pumped health n melee. 20k health n 360 ish melee made it easy. Saddles were master craft.

For 2 people, I'd bring a few of those rexes, a Yuti, and a suicide daeodon set to passive healing if no rider. 

For brood mother, just take 15 or so megatheriums n let em rip...

Did you cheese the dragon getting it stuck in the rexes?  

There doesn't seem to be any other viable strategy for taking it down.

Kayin, I just tried the Dragon boss therizinos of your stats roughly and they were killed pretty fast. the main issue i found was them getting somewhat stuck in the lava. this is on official settings. You might be able to do it with about 5k more health, a lot more melee, and more therizinos. Probably about the max amount you can take it there. Now i have to admit it was fun fighting the bosses with therizinos.

Forgot to mention...you will definitely need better saddles for them....primitive saddle's will just not hold up for beta or alpha fights. Otherwise start taming and breeding rexes....if you want to go the old fashioned route. I could be wrong on the advice....so make up your own mind on what to do.

Here's the scoop from the brief experience/testing I've had with bosses. Keep in mind, I'm on my private unofficial server. No boosts were applied to level ups, so any leveling up these dino's I'm about to mention would be the same as official. All dino saddles were very beefy, from quality 5 supply drops. So the saddles we're about 100 armor for all dino's, possibly more. The saddles and weapons used were probably a bit higher then you'd find typically on officials (I didn't spawn any of them in, but I did set the beacon drops to quality 5 and then spawned those in to see what we got). I'll give weapon and saddle details if anyone asks (I'd need to get on to check and can't at the moment).

It was just me and my one tribemate. Here is the team we used for each boss, and whether we were successful or not.

Broodmother (Alpha) - 4 Rexes, 1 Yuty, 15 Megatherium. Rexes had 30k health and the rest pumped into melee. Think it came out to about 700% for the better ones, some had about 650%. Yuty had 60k health. Megatheriums had I think 20k health and the rest pumped into melee. I rode the Yuty for buffing. Friend stood back and shot the broodmother with Ascendent weapons. We were successful with no loss. Super easy, barely any damage to the army.

Megapithicus (Alpha) - 1 Yuty, 19 Rexes. Same Yuty from the broodmother fight. The Rexes were pretty much the same as the ones for the Broodmother, just more of them. Both me and my friend shot the Mega with Ascendant weapons, since the fight became so cluttered that I couldn't get on the Yuty. We were successful with no loss. Rex's only got slightly damaged, but I'd expect more damage on lesser quality saddles.

Dragon (Alpha) - Yuty 19 Rexes. Same team from the Megapithicus fight. We were unsuccessful. Unfortunately I didn't even get teleported to the arena for some reason, so it was just my friend and the dino army. They all wiped. He said the Dragon was about a little lower than half health before the army died. I'm not sure if it would have gone much better if I was there on the Yuty buffing and helping with directing the army, but until we recreate the army, we can't make another attempt. Might try just for fun to see what it WILL take to beat it. Might try a team of Theriz for the resistance to the burning (not the fireball I know that does percentage damage). Might try a Daeodon too if I get bored one day.

Regardless, the fact the dragon does percentage damage is bull. It's such a broken tactic and I don't like it one bit.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Drinkinthepink said:

Please don't suggest "just breed some rexes" and brag about the stats on your rexes. You are either lying about the stats, or you are playing unofficial with inflated stats. Either way, your comment is unhelpful and misleading to anyone looking for a rough stats guideline to aim for. Unless you play official, please don't include unattainable stats with your strat.

Thank you for pointing this out. He is either using hacked dinos, lying, or playing unofficial. Probably the latter.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I forgot to mention that I'm on an unofficial server. It's not modded but I'm not sure about the settings. The max level for dino's is 159 on our server. No cheats or boosts(?). I've been breeding/taming rexes for a few months now. When I level up on of the 100% rexes they go up with 50% in melee per level and health I think about 4k per level. That way you'll hit 50-60k in little more than 10 levels and gain 500% melee with every 10 levels in them

Again my apologies if I seemed like I was bragging and if I caused any confusion. I've never played official and didn't think it would have been such a difference with the unofficial server. 

I'm at work at the moment and not able to provide some pictures, but I can if people are interested or still think I'm lying.

Archived