ppl using the platform as a parking lot

bigfishrob

On pve there is a new problem that is getting worse with not being able to build and store things on the edge of the obi platform. On the island server i am on there is slowly adding more and more wyverns just being parked on the obi and left permanent. Most of the ones i notice are rarely even on the server making kiting things unusable. We are getting rdy to to bosses and this is reducing the available space to put rexes and such in position. At least on the se server if they leave wyverns and flyers on the plat u can just port them to never never land. I need some solution to keep the space protected for intended use.

17 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Don't know if your allowed to punch dinos in PVE mode but that could be a way to move them into the area so that you can beam them to their death.

the point of pve is to not let you hit other peoples stuff.

As for an actual solution I'd say drastically reduce decay timers for anything in the ob area. People would think twice about staying there. The central platform, that is.

This is a real big problem I tried to get a giga out of the OB and it got stuck I tried to whip it nothing and had to wait 12 hours to upload it now in SE you can upload them in a boss fight but you will have to lose they don't park there stuff no more on 335 red OB if that don't work a rock ele will do just fine

Imo, takes very little effort to tame lvl 20-below brontos. Knock em out throw berries on em come back later they done. No narcs needed. Walk a bunch up there and place over wyverns so they can't be moved. Someone will eventually ask to be let go or just have to reupload them and take them somewhere else. Fight fire with fire. 

Or like someone else suggested, use drops. I have a drop in my back yard spawns atleast once a hour. Build your own giant pen around one (leave a small Dino gate unlocked as not to "block" it) and then you can just leave your boss Dino's there for the next go round.

17 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Can you still whip non-tribe dinos in PvE? Haven't checked.

Only alliance dinos while they are not in offline protection mode. My allies and I share a common breeding area and we regularly whip each others dinos out of the way for walks, etc, but it is a pain when one of them is offline and we have 50 or 60 dino babies to try to get to.

20 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Imo, takes very little effort to tame lvl 20-below brontos. Knock em out throw berries on em come back later they done. No narcs needed. Walk a bunch up there and place over wyverns so they can't be moved. Someone will eventually ask to be let go or just have to reupload them and take them somewhere else. Fight fire with fire. 

If you do this you are part of the problem.

44 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

If you do this you are part of the problem.

I can see where you are coming from with your point. Imo on the other hand, I have had about 3 bases wiped and several server issues where people block things and support has never helped in those cases. So when it comes to "problems" my opinion is to be a bigger problem than the problem you're having. (Now that's not saying I wouldn't try a more diplomatic solution first, such as trying to talk to said tribe, but seeing this as a post makes me belive he already tried and they didn't care) After all, this is in fact a survival game, and in such a game do what you must to survive on your terms, not someone else's. 

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

Just use a beacon.

On legacy me and my tribe built a huge fence around a drop. We are able to keep all rexes at a safe distance to not block the beacon and at the same time we don't need to move 20 rexes halfway across the map everytime we want to fight a boss.

Then when you want to do a boss fight that sometimes requires sched with multiple ppl, you will have to go pp beacons to get one to drop. AND there is nothign preventing some other person from running up and snatching the beacon before you can use it. It is unreliable and in secure and in know way a reliable replacement for an obi.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

Then when you want to do a boss fight that sometimes requires sched with multiple ppl, you will have to go pp beacons to get one to drop. AND there is nothign preventing some other person from running up and snatching the beacon before you can use it. It is unreliable and in secure and in know way a reliable replacement for an obi.

And I have had to deal with people leaving their raid dinos at the OB because moving them takes too long. No solution is perfect but this one IMO was the easiest one.

You can always talk to the person coming to get the drop and/or leave an item with no value in it to keep it open.

At the end of the day I would  rather deal with someone who is online and I can talk to then to deal with someone who left a bunch of wyverns or rex at OB and is offline right now.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

And I have had to deal with people leaving their raid dinos at the OB because moving them takes too long. No solution is perfect but this one IMO was the easiest one.

You can always talk to the person coming to get the drop and/or leave an item with no value in it to keep it open.

At the end of the day I would  rather deal with someone who is online and I can talk to then to deal with someone who left a bunch of wyverns or rex at OB and is offline right now.

half the ppl on my servers even though it is na are named [][][][][][][][][] and they dont give two craps if you want it, need it to upload , or where even there first as soon as it is clickable it it will be gone

Archived