ppl using the platform as a parking lot

bigfishrob

On 9/26/2017 at 12:01 PM, anubis3691 said:

Imo, takes very little effort to tame lvl 20-below brontos. Knock em out throw berries on em come back later they done. No narcs needed. Walk a bunch up there and place over wyverns so they can't be moved. Someone will eventually ask to be let go or just have to reupload them and take them somewhere else. Fight fire with fire. 

Or like someone else suggested, use drops. I have a drop in my back yard spawns atleast once a hour. Build your own giant pen around one (leave a small Dino gate unlocked as not to "block" it) and then you can just leave your boss Dino's there for the next go round.

This is not a solution and leads to the troll fest I spoke of earlier. An eye for an eye only works for so long. I am sorry you all still deal with this stuff. remember why you started playing ark? To have fun, leave officials and get back to having fun. I know I know, but really i only come here anymore to remind myself why i left and try to help others get out of the trap.

1 hour ago, bkrafty said:

This is not a solution and leads to the troll fest I spoke of earlier. An eye for an eye only works for so long. I am sorry you all still deal with this stuff. remember why you started playing ark? To have fun, leave officials and get back to having fun. I know I know, but really i only come here anymore to remind myself why i left and try to help others get out of the trap.

Good point honestly, but tbh if you speak of unofficial, my biggest reason for not going and most likely others as well, is I don't like the thought of some one having control over the server. I Don't ever join anyone elses tribe, I have them join mine. I just don't trust people enough lol. As bad as it sounds. Also the unofficial servers are a massive play ground I have never been to so I don't even know what goes on there. Or what to look for, for a good server. Then there's always the fear of the server closing.. all that work and effort gone. Official servers, as broken as they seem are a security blanket. 

34 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Good point honestly, but tbh if you speak of unofficial, my biggest reason for not going and most likely others as well, is I don't like the thought of some one having control over the server. I Don't ever join anyone elses tribe, I have them join mine. I just don't trust people enough lol. As bad as it sounds. Also the unofficial servers are a massive play ground I have never been to so I don't even know what goes on there. Or what to look for, for a good server. Then there's always the fear of the server closing.. all that work and effort gone. Official servers, as broken as they seem are a security blanket. 

Get use to the idea that someone has control over your server. Evne on official, it's WC who controls your server.

And look what happened. You don't even get security of longevity there either. Soooo you can't really claim that official have security with Wildcard in charge there. And they are worse admins than the admins on unofficials that I've tried. And by worse I mean they practically are not there at all, AND they can re-purpose your server without good reason (even if it's active).

Sorry, you official folk can't use that excuse anymore. Not after what WC did to Legacy. Basically everyone out there just needs to get it through their head that unless you rent a server for yourself and plan to fund it forever or for however long you plan to play, there will never be a guarantee that the server will stick around forever, be it official or unofficial.

Frankily though, unofficial is much better, coming from experience. Some gaming groups actually keep their servers aroudn for a VERY long time. Some I even heard are still kicking since day one.

12 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

they should let people summon bosses at transmitters.

I have no transmitter engram yet and before I thought it will work like that because it is like personal obelisk.

this really should be implemented. most of the people parking dinos at obelisks already got their own transmitters and would be happy to keep their boss stuff at their base instead of platforms

16 minutes ago, [EG] Comdriver W31 said:

I have no transmitter engram yet and before I thought it will work like that because it is like personal obelisk.

this really should be implemented. most of the people parking dinos at obelisks already got their own transmitters and would be happy to keep their boss stuff at their base instead of platforms

Can do boss summoning with the S+ version of the tek transmitter, so.... just another reason why unofficial is better ;)

17 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Those were all the reasons that kept me of unofficial for a long time as well. Then they pretty much did the same thing with legacy and the security blanket was gone.  I play on an unofficial pvp with good rules and pretty much event rates all the time. PVP can be fun with the right people/rates/rules and no one expects stuff to live forever. After playing a while I saw how it can be a weight off your shoulders to not care about stuff as much and just have fun. Taming is the big one on official it is ridiculous. It is much better at about 3-4 times. You should look at the rentable servers also anubis, then there is a little more security. Either way, I hope you find the right place to play because that is key. I feel like i wasted 4000 hours on legacy and would never go back to official. What a great game though!

Archived