How do you prefer to play ark

RAYGUNcam

I really prefer smaller servers with my friends (non-dedi, player-dedi). I tend to play PvE, but I can definitely PvP when needed. Speak softly and carry a big Rex, or something like that ;) We also hold (or, try to hold) server events, too, to encourage community building. Most of the time, I spend trying to find high level creatures or expanding my base, but I try my hand at breeding pretty regularly too

1 hour ago, HoganRyan01 said:

I play a difficulty 7 (max lvl 210) unofficial PVE server (5x rates) and mostly do breeding.

When a dino is tamed it comes out 314. I've been doing quite a bit of breeding but no mutations on my rexes yet.

The best level i've gotten is 351 at hatch.

I'm gonna do a lot of trading on official so it will be a lot of work breeding dinos by myself 

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

I really prefer smaller servers with my friends (non-dedi, player-dedi). I tend to play PvE, but I can definitely PvP when needed. Speak softly and carry a big Rex, or something like that ;) We also hold (or, try to hold) server events, too, to encourage community building. Most of the time, I spend trying to find high level creatures or expanding my base, but I try my hand at breeding pretty regularly too

My friends don't play ark anymore...

I play with a group of about 10 people, about 6 of them my close friends,(met through Ark). We stick to a server, either official or unofficial, untill we either get wiped multiple times, or we get tired of the server. Were PvP'ers, and we do a mixture of trading, and mercenary work. I haven't gotten my tribe mates on this site yet, but I'm trying to get them on. Only one so far.(MUFFINMAN100)

19 hours ago, Snapshot said:

I play solo but like to have alliances on the unofficial I'm on. Let's me keep my schedule on a timeline without any surprises and lets me be the server's breeder/trader guy.

Thats the same reason I play solo because you can schedule things a lot easier because with a tribe someone could lose something you needed and will need to plan to get those items/item back

I play PvE just because its essentially single player with friends.  I always liked the co-op network play modes of old strategy games like Command & Conquer/Red Alert and PvE on a dedicated rented unofficial server seems to suite this style best.  Currently we are the only people on our server - a single tribe of 3 regulars (8 in total but only join us when we doing interesting stuff like bosses).

We spend a lot of time breeding at the moment, farming caves and doing bosses but I tend to be the community manager and take care of base needs (feeding, building etc.), exploring and finding new dinos to add stats to our breeding programme.

Archived