Obleisk upload timer

HeatherJo

The problem is, that WC letting their "nice" game get crashing. All the Time again and again and again..... >:(  ...... So the dupers can use that. :o

Better work on an new DLC as to get the Game fixed...

Yeah I´m sure the new Ark players need a new dlc 2-4 month after Releasing the game. I´,m sure they are all rdy then to fight the overseer and moving then to abawhatever to clear the bosses there.  :S

It´s a freaky joke bring out a game with so many ways to crash...but better work on a new DLC maybe 2 as to FIX THE GAME!

I´m rly near to quit because it is not the fun it was bevore the release and upload Timer...   

greetz :P

Bottom line here is the timers don't stop what they're supposed to, so....Why do we still have them. Right now we're having an issue with certain things (Kibble) that cannot be transferred at all for some unknown reason. Wait at Obelisk for the timer to be up, and the same instant everything else in the inventory is ready to upload, the Kibble timer resets to the next server save. This is a big problem for people who have lives and jobs, and want to accomplish poop in ARK also. raptor the timers, remove them, nand find a fix that punishes the Dupers, and not a lazy fix that punishes everyone else

13 minutes ago, chadwelltarly said:

Bottom line here is the timers don't stop what they're supposed to, so....Why do we still have them. Right now we're having an issue with certain things (Kibble) that cannot be transferred at all for some unknown reason. Wait at Obelisk for the timer to be up, and the same instant everything else in the inventory is ready to upload, the Kibble timer resets to the next server save. This is a big problem for people who have lives and jobs, and want to accomplish poop in ARK also. raptor the timers, remove them, nand find a fix that punishes the Dupers, and not a lazy fix that punishes everyone else

I dont have any issues transfering kibble.

But in General i totally agree that the timers are absolutly disturbing. 

18 hours ago, flamron said:

Yep. PS4 Official servers 375-382 have been under duper attack for the last five days for 8-10 hours a day. 27-33min rollbacks consistently. Makes playing pointless and impossible. 

Well for pc its not as broken as ps4. its playable, but with way too much lag/low frame rate considering pc builds

5 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

Duping is also introduced by Wild Card.

I dont understand why not Wild card configure their servers and remove rollback system, Duping only happen cause of rollback.

Is this hard to remove Rollback system? 

You are partially correct.

The duping happens because when you upload stuff on the obelisk that item is stored IMMEDIATELY. The servers though are on a 30+ min save interval, so when the server is crashed it reverts back to the latest save... meaning....

Well hopefully you get the picture.

That being said my best suggestion would be to introduce a upload queue on the server side of things. So when someone goes to the obelisk and uploads something it doesn't actually send that information to the obelisk  servers until a save is performed. That means that when/if the server is crashed that the obelisk data is not sent (No ability to dupe). This also has the side effect of adding the wait to the back side of things... which in my opinion would make it much easier to transfer stuff. You would immediately be able to upload items as soon as you wanted, but you would still need to wait for the next save.

That being said I think part of the current system was done to try to limit cross ark transfers too. I mean as it use to stand the economy and cross ark raiding were completely messed up and I think part of this timer was done to make those activities more frustrating and time consuming.

The main point though is that there are better ways to stop duping (actually stop it via this method) and also allow people a less painful way to transfer characters/dinos/items. I mean I think I can see how they thought the current method they put in place would operate, but they did so in a way of lowering the window a person has between uploading items and crashing the server... but they still left the original vulnerability in, just made it harder to pull off. IMO this was more of a quick bandaid fix and not a real solution to the problem.

5 minutes ago, iOlsen said:

Well for pc its not as broken as ps4. its playable, but with way too much lag/low frame rate considering pc builds

I tend to stick to a handful of unofficials of people I know or play on one my my many cluster servers. I have however, tried out the officials servers and I can say that while lag spikes do happen it isn't terrible and the FPS issue is more system specific/dependant and is thus outside of wildcards control.

Don't get me wrong, PC fps rates will increase further as more optimization passes hit and as dx12 start to be implemented, but if you have a card that is equivalent or better than say a 660, then you should have decent fps with graphics at an acceptable level. Now as to the server lag that comes from a combination of things. First the servers are not running on cpus with great single thread performance.. and as this game is still very limited in multi-threading capabilities server side this just makes for bad performance. Second these machines are probably running several more servers than they should be which does nothing to help my first point. Lastly there are still things in the code and network handling that can still be cleaned up which would help reduce latency issues as well.

The good news is that from a what is possible perspective the pc version has everything that is needed to be a good performer.. the downside is it requires more investment of time from the dev team who may or may not see that investment as worthwhile. On another positive note though unofficial servers solve some of these problems if you find a good one.

3 hours ago, sneeky said:

Maybe if they create like an action house linked to all servers, and allow normal boss fighting in the center, SE, ragna people will not create bases in 3 differents servers ...

There is actually a mod that does this already... I can say from experience though that if you choose to use it and don't limit it to say just your cluster it will absolutely kill the economy.. and as long as duping is still an issue this would be an even worse decision to make.

I think part of the problem with the game now is how easy it has been and still is with patience to server hop. It leads to toxic tribes that are there to wipe server by server and also leads to a broken economy. When you have servers existing in more of a bubble (per se) then they build up their own economies that actually stabilize and people raid still, but now they are also around to still be responsible for their actions.

In general I think the ability to cross ark actually hurt the game on most levels. I think that is partially why they put in the timer now... they are trying to control it in a pretty bad way while also claiming it helps with duping.

On 2017-09-26 at 1:36 PM, Subotai said:

raptoring ridiculous game ... 32 minutes for 200 stupids ingots ... i need to move 10k, HOW ????

2 minutes before the timer counts down, have a tribemate throw you all 10k metal. Pick it all up as he throws it. Now you have 10k metal in your inventory and you can put it all into data as it will all timer down together at the same time.

39 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

2 minutes before the timer counts down, have a tribemate throw you all 10k metal. Pick it all up as he throws it. Now you have 10k metal in your inventory and you can put it all into data as it will all timer down together at the same time.

Where does he get said 10k from in 2 minutes?

interestingly, I had a timer pop up last night on sheep. I tamed 8 of them over a 10 minute period, and was taking them to a drop that appeared after taking the first three to the red obelisk. The last one I tried to upload had a 20 minute timer on it for some reason. So I ended up flying it back instead of uploading it. 

1 hour ago, flamron said:

Where does he get said 10k from in 2 minutes?

interestingly, I had a timer pop up last night on sheep. I tamed 8 of them over a 10 minute period, and was taking them to a drop that appeared after taking the first three to the red obelisk. The last one I tried to upload had a 20 minute timer on it for some reason. So I ended up flying it back instead of uploading it. 

Obviously he would already have the 10k on hand. His issue is waiting the timer for each 200stack when he gets to the obelisk. If he picks all 10k up at once, he only has to wait for the timer once. And if he times it properly, he only has to wait 1-2 minutes instead of 30mins.

Bottom line here is the timers don't stop what they're supposed to, so....Why do we still have them. Right now we're having an issue with certain things (Kibble) that cannot be transferred at all for some unknown reason. Wait at Obelisk for the timer to be up, and the same instant everything else in the inventory is ready to upload, the Kibble timer resets to the next server save.

exactly, same happens with wyvern milk.. and that stuff spoils fast. bug is around since last big update and makes raising wyvern on any other server then se (boring, dont plan to buid a base there just to raise wyvern, nothing else attracts me there and i dont want another server to reset timers on) or the overcrowdes as hell ragnarserver we got in pve eu pretty mutch impossible. 

ofc happened as we raised a bunch of wyvern halfway...the lower lvls dead and the highlvls with a messed up imprint. iam just so done with the fact that every bug can cost you so many many hours of your work and it takes them forever to fix anything.

like my wyvern that got stucked by a single direwolf between the legs..couldnt fly couldnt bite clouldnt flap his wings, couldnt be wistled.. has such a messed up hitbox i couldnt even shoot the wolf. he couldnt eat his way straight through that wyvern. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this system is absolutely unbearable. I understand that you have dirt bags that cheat and ruin the game for the rest of us but there are far better ways to go about fixing this problem. First of all if you gave every item in the game a unique ID the system should be able to identify duplicates and destroy them. Then people ask well what about the Tek cloner, well this item is used by less than 5% of people who play the game, especially those who play on official. Delete that the tek cloner from the game and the largest majority of players will thank you for saving them precious time when trying to make trades, collecting resources, raiding, etc. (a side solution would be to make a unique ID for cloned dinos)

While we are on the subject of timers I also wish you would revise the transfer tame timer. 12 hours is far to long to leave a tame in the server. Even if you arn't trolling someone usually comes around and kills the tame for no reason (not all maps have great hiding spots). The fact of the matter is I think it would make the game better if the timer for transferred dinos was dimmed down a bit. Three hours would be more reasonable because then you cant just hit someone and get out immediately. It gives the server ample time to react to said hostile whilst allowing those who are peaceful to collect what they came for and leave without leaving there tame unattended. Thanks for listening!

Archived