Aberration Hype?

TINYMAN

Hello ARK Community, TINYMAN here

I know there's a lot of hype about Aberration (myself Included), but some are kinda skeptical about all the claims and hints. My question is, how do you feel about Aberration? Are you hyped, skeptical, waiting for release to buy it? Let's see what you guys think. Thanks Guys!!

Zero interest in buying additional DLC for a game that is fundamentally broken. Optimize and fix duping on the base platform. Then I'll get excited about giving them more money. 

I love ark. I hate how it runs poorly and the dupers are ruining Official servers. PS4 cluster 375-382 was and is down about 8-10 hours a day for the last four days because dupers are crashing and rolling it back every 27-33 minutes. 

1 minute ago, flamron said:

Zero interest in buying additional DLC for a game that is fundamentally broken. Optimize and fix duping on the base platform. Then I'll get excited about giving them more money. 

I love ark. I hate how it runs poorly and the dupers are ruining Official servers. PS4 cluster 375-382 was and is down about 8-10 hours a day for the last four days because dupers are crashing and rolling it back every 27-33 minutes. 

I personally mostly play on PC, I have 1500+ hours. I've been with the game since beginning of early access. I understand no game is perfect. But their not doing a horrible job. I personally love the game, and wish I had more free time to play. Plus most of the issues are fixed on PC. So I understand your view on the matter, but I can't fully understand, since I only really play on PC.

2 minutes ago, TINYMAN said:

I personally mostly play on PC, I have 1500+ hours. I've been with the game since beginning of early access. I understand no game is perfect. But their not doing a horrible job. I personally love the game, and wish I had more free time to play. Plus most of the issues are fixed on PC. So I understand your view on the matter, but I can't fully understand, since I only really play on PC.

Honestly it sounds like most of the issues are either A) PS4 specific or B) not actually issues with the game but issues with the servers. I've played non-dedi, SP, player-dedi, and Official on Xbox and PC, and on all of them, the only ones I really ever have any issue on are the Officials.

But anyway, your question. I'm pretty hyped. If it plays out as it sounds, it'll represent a culmination of everything that Wildcard has learned about what does and doesn't work in ARK. Even if it doesn't, it stills hold significant potential to be a very different approach to the game that I think will be a lot of fun.

I'm not hyped for it. While the concept is neat, I'm not intrigued enough with horror-themed creatures as I am with dinos. Plus as many have said, I feel like the BASE game could use a bit more attention. It's not because I can't play it. I'm still enjoying my two rented servers and they run nicely. But I still feel like there's more thigns they can do to improve the base game, like improve the dino AI, more dino TLC passes, more balance fixes...and the most obnoxious and improbable of all...change the core game to not be so imbalanced and not encourage it's community to become horrible ruthless individuals (I'm looking at you PVP, you sick little monkey).

That being said, I'm sure it'll still sell well, so long as there's enough people who are drawn to the style of aberration. I am worried that they'll ignore the base game though as a result...WC is so content-heavy minded that I'm starting to really just give up on them ever really looking at the more IMPORTANT parts of their game. It needs another few months to a year's worth of bug fixes and polish for it to truly be a gem in the AAA market.

since I gave up on playing on official and hoping the big bugs will get solved, nothing remained for me than playing in non dedicated or sp and getting hyped for this new expansion. Ark devs deliver pretty awesome content, it s the functionality and management which makes us angry.

It dissapoints me a bit for being less dino oriented...at least I hope we see mutations of existing dinost

Hyped here. (In contrast to everyone else it seems) 

enjoying the new direction it’s taking. Mutated creatures, light is your life source, the whole cave system and cave platform building, seems really focussed on movement (zip lines and wall climbing picks etc) I’m getting the impression that there’s a ‘the floor is lava’ type theme here too with the nameless which sounds fun. And personally love the idea of no native flyers and restricted flyer transfers. I think all of the above are going to make for a really fresh play experience.

dont particularly have any problems with bugs in the game. There’s a couple of things I wish would be addressed but it’s not taking any of my hype away. 

(ROCK DRAKE!)

I''m hyped, however afraid that there will not be enough creatures. With SE you didn,t get that many new dinos, compensated by letting many base game dinos spawn.

On aberration the lore wouldn't allow it. So you would have to create a large amount of creatures from scratch without making the ecosystem redundant, which I do not see happening.

Side note, I would like gamma disabled on officials for aberration.

After playing the easy blandness that is Scorched Earth I'm going to pass on any other Wildcard DLCs. Not worth it to get a few somewhat different animals or items that I never use. Whips, rock golems, etc. Wyverns aren't that terrible but they certainly didn't make SE worth purchasing.

The modders on the other hand are showing the only professional work I've seen in regards to ARK DLC. Some of those maps, creatures, and complete overhauls are works of art.

The FAQ said you can harvest element in aberration. Only a very very small percentage of players in alpha tribes get to beat bosses and get the tek engrams. If element becomes easy to get then they will be even more powerful. Running though every stone base they see and using their fancy tek swords to destroy metal bases.

5 minutes ago, Moozoo said:

The FAQ said you can harvest element in aberration. Only a very very small percentage of players in alpha tribes get to beat bosses and get the tek engrams. If element becomes easy to get then they will be even more powerful. Running though every stone base they see and using their fancy tek swords to destroy metal bases.

They can make structures and items but won't be able to transfer the fuel on their rampages as element cannot be transferred

4 minutes ago, rororoxor said:

But they can make the tek items first then transfer them back, right?

Yes but they will have to fight bosses to fuel them, just like people do currently with manticore being an easy fountain of element; living on the island means you actually have to fight a harder boss for fuel

• Volunteer Moderator

Completely Hyped.

I will be archiving an old server(or purchasing new) and setting it up as isolated from our other servers, as soon as it is available.

I already have the season pass on my main account, and will be adding it to my alternate admin account later on.

I think that it kind of takes away from what ark is supposed to be. I felt the same way when the tek tier came out. When I bought ark in 2015 I bought it for the dinosaurs and the idea of playing with friends. I just dont think ark should turn into some alien space game. I think wildcard needs to take a long look at what ark started of as. A fun multiplayer experience and primitive survival.

Not hyped either, i know alot of people feel like i do, they were exitited to get back into game or switch to new servers for launch, but Wildcard failed big time in getting enough new servers, im talking for pc pve eu. We got about 200 tribes trying to get in every day to a ragnarock server for 70 people, in weekend some people wait up to 12 hours or give up joining. So all those people who wanted to comeback etc, and might have bougth aberation is now playing other games, because they can see nothing did change for wildcard. Not even a word from them,

7 hours ago, B3N said:

I think that it kind of takes away from what ark is supposed to be. I felt the same way when the tek tier came out. When I bought ark in 2015 I bought it for the dinosaurs and the idea of playing with friends. I just dont think ark should turn into some alien space game. I think wildcard needs to take a long look at what ark started of as. A fun multiplayer experience and primitive survival.

Wasnt it always an 'alien space game' ? I mean from day one when you start playing, wake up to an implant in your arm, see giant obelisks floating about the place, see different creatures from different time periods and the name of the game 'Ark', surely the first thought is 'aliens' ?. It was for me.

Tbh the reason I started playing was just like you, because of the dinosaurs, 'oh look a cool dino game lets try it'. I didnt think I would be interested in Aberration but the ideas growing on me, with the story behind Ark it kinda seems like the next logical step in the story of Ark in my personal opinion. Am excited to learn more about the lore of Ark. 

Archived