Update

FraukePetry

2 hours ago, FraukePetry said:

When is the 60 Fps epic update coming?

I have been running 60+ fps on epic for a good while now... so not sure the issue here. I mean if you are running on an older card then of course that will be out of the question, but even my friend playing on old ass 470's in sli manages decent frames on a mix of high and epic.

That being said my nephew is playing on a 660ti without issue on the same settings. I would say he spends most of his time in the 60 fps range.

My 3 best rigs consist of one running a single overclocked 1070 ftw, a machine with 2x 1080 classifieds in sli, and another running a 1080ti on custom water with a pretty hefty overclock. Maybe it was because my son doesn't normally play around massive basses, but he is pushing 60+ fps on epic with the single 1070. The other two system have no issues at all.. (discounting when the 1080ti drivers were busted on release)

2 hours ago, Deathwaits said:

I have been running 60+ fps on epic for a good while now... so not sure the issue here. I mean if you are running on an older card then of course that will be out of the question, but even my friend playing on old ass 470's in sli manages decent frames on a mix of high and epic.

That being said my nephew is playing on a 660ti without issue on the same settings. I would say he spends most of his time in the 60 fps range.

My 3 best rigs consist of one running a single overclocked 1070 ftw, a machine with 2x 1080 classifieds in sli, and another running a 1080ti on custom water with a pretty hefty overclock. Maybe it was because my son doesn't normally play around massive basses, but he is pushing 60+ fps on epic with the single 1070. The other two system have no issues at all.. (discounting when the 1080ti drivers were busted on release)

Your post is a bit misplaced, because OP probably plays on XBOX and they have been promised that patch for quite a while. They are currently locked at 30 FPS and with less graphic options available

18 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Your post is a bit misplaced, because OP probably plays on XBOX and they have been promised that patch for quite a while. They are currently locked at 30 FPS and with less graphic options available

I don't think it was ever promised for consoles. I think it was something they said they'd look into and do if it were possible. That said, it may be possible for XBX

But yes, PC can already do this fine. I can run ARK on max everything with just motion blur turned off, and I consistently hit 60 FPS around my base and well over 80 minimum outside of my base area place. If I'm out flying and looking at the sky, I can hit something like 130

51 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

My assumption was based on the fact the OP said 60 FPS on EPIC. Last i checked the xbox version doesn't let you scale the quality of your graphics... so I just made the conclusion he was referring to the PC version which is the only version you have that ability.

I have

1080 @ 2 GHZ

i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHZ

16 GB DDR-4

SSD 1 TB NVME

and no epic is not full graphic setting they cut some options in order to get more fps.

If you like myself put everything on and change the render distance like 2015 to 3 in the ini then no one will hit 60 fps in the dense jungle. Actually render distance is on epic at 1.2 

Archived