Tribe Base Separation

AmaZeeJxq

So my tribe and I were all living in 1 area together for quite some time now, we've converted that base to metal, gotten an indy forge, cooker, grill and chem bench in it. Since there is barely enough space left for another structure, we've decided to split up and use that base as a tribe community base and the machines be free to use for anyone. I started building my base and i've started off with an 8x8 stone foundation layer, 6 walls high and multiple compartments, this only the main living quarters, there will be more floors and more rooms. But for the first floor i've enclosed a 3x3 space 6 walls high for my own indy forge, to the side, put ceilings 2 walls high so i can place storage boxes on, and another row of ceilings parallel to that for refining forges until i get an indy forge, the rest of the room will be for other machines like industrial grill and such, higher floors will extend with pillar ceilings as a dino pen, higher ones for egg incubation, and i will set up plant x and turrets around it If there is any thing i should add please let me know!

4 hours ago, AmaZeeJxq said:

Thats why we separated, we realized the only reason we weren't getting raided is because people saw how strong we were, now we're taking precautions and very cautiously guarding main base.

LOL I'm sorry but what I just read from you has "beginner" written all over it. I can imagine what poor design your base will have. Your idea of having your tribe split up and everyone go and off and do their own things is one the worst mistakes you can do. There is little to no point everyone making their own base if you can't defend any of them. Make your main base stronger and then if you are worried about being raided find a hidden spot somewhere and stash a few boxes of your best stuff or upload your stuff to the ARK overnight.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

LOL I'm sorry but what I just read from you has "beginner" written all over it. I can imagine what poor design your base will have. Your idea of having your tribe split up and everyone go and off and do their own things is one the worst mistakes you can do. There is little to no point everyone making their own base if you can't defend any of them. Make your main base stronger and then if you are worried about being raided find a hidden spot somewhere and stash a few boxes of your best stuff or upload your stuff to the ARK overnight.

OP, don't take PvP advice from this guy. 

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well this is why i am here, im not on official, this is a non-ded with not many players and we happened to come by earlier than others, so we have much more high level t-rexs and such, i dont take offense or anything, the reason i joined this is to get better and help others. I think the idea of stashing away boxes isn't very bright, we live in an area where people wander through the map a lot, i mean everywhere, meat runs, dino tames, it's basically chaos around the whole map, there's no point, someone will find our stuff overnight. Remodeling our whole base to a better pvp design is going to suck since our dino pen is only made of stone, well thanks for the tips anyway.

23 hours ago, AmaZeeJxq said:

So my tribe and I were all living in 1 area together for quite some time now, we've converted that base to metal, gotten an indy forge, cooker, grill and chem bench in it. Since there is barely enough space left for another structure, we've decided to split up and use that base as a tribe community base and the machines be free to use for anyone. I started building my base and i've started off with an 8x8 stone foundation layer, 6 walls high and multiple compartments, this only the main living quarters, there will be more floors and more rooms. But for the first floor i've enclosed a 3x3 space 6 walls high for my own indy forge, to the side, put ceilings 2 walls high so i can place storage boxes on, and another row of ceilings parallel to that for refining forges until i get an indy forge, the rest of the room will be for other machines like industrial grill and such, higher floors will extend with pillar ceilings as a dino pen, higher ones for egg incubation, and i will set up plant x and turrets around it If there is any thing i should add please let me know!

on a dedi there isnt an influx of new randoms all the time. separating is the worst idea. if ur current base isnt worth expanding then ur whole tribe should use that base to work together on building a new main base. and remember get turrets up on that thing and build out of metal.

On 9/26/2017 at 8:05 AM, IamTANK said:

on a dedi there isnt an influx of new randoms all the time. separating is the worst idea. if ur current base isnt worth expanding then ur whole tribe should use that base to work together on building a new main base. and remember get turrets up on that thing and build out of metal.

Gotcha, noted. So basically any good places for ragnarok if we want to stay hidden, currently we are at knuffel lake in Highlands, we don't know where to go.

I'm not going to tell you to split up or not, but will say that the decision to stick together or split should be made based off of the number of people you have and who you are defending against. If you have a tribe of 20+ people and the tribes coming after you are smaller, then yea go for one big base and build the crap out of it. But if you are outnumbered in either the resources that it took to make the enemies base(s) or people, then splitting may be a good idea. Although, that still may not be a good idea if anyone in your tribe is not particularly good at hiding or constantly watching their back. A small hidden base is only good if nobody clear cuts the trees, is seen running in and out, or is able to be spotted by a random fly by from chance. The more people you have, the more likely it is to have one of those happen. From experience I can tell you it is easier for my group to wipe 10 seperate 3x3's with a few turrets, than one big base with a lot. The value to the multiple bases comes with hiding your stuff and not losing it all at once...but again like I said with the whole numbers thing, it depends on your particular tribe and how well you can hide those separate bases. I'm not one to ever enjoy watching Thickbait, but ThickFreedom actually did one good video on base defense that is still some of the best ways to defend I've seen. I'd suggest you watch it because a lot of what he is saying to do has saved my base from an offline raid I never knew happened until I got back on the next day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETdKaDxrl3s

Archived