Evaluating tame quality

Danisimo

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there's a way or a general consensus to evaluating your tames? I'm trying to figure out which dinos are worth breeding. We're aiming to do bosses. Example: I netted a 135 rex yesterday. On knock out it had 6000 hp, 1600ish stam and 185% damage, 12 wasted pts. Stat caluclators haven't told me anything other than knock out stats being sorta average with stam being high(useless as it will be an unridden rex). Considering we're getting some already bred eggs from outside as help I'm honestly wondering if breeding with first generation tames is even worth it. For the sake of example. What does a good wild rex look like stat-wise?

It's possible to determine post-tame levels if you account for modifiers and then calculate your levels. I would generally say for bosses, you want above average Health and Melee, though you might be able to get away with lower Health if you have very high quality saddles.

Ideally you'd have a program to do it for you, but this page explains how you can calculate tamed creature base levels in a stat
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_Stats_Calculation

2 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

It's possible to determine post-tame levels if you account for modifiers and then calculate your levels. I would generally say for bosses, you want above average Health and Melee, though you might be able to get away with lower Health if you have very high quality saddles.

Ideally you'd have a program to do it for you, but this page explains how you can calculate tamed creature base levels in a stat
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Creature_Stats_Calculation

Isn't determining that pretty much impossible? Those extra 69 or so points will always get assigned randomly...sure you can make a guess, but it's pretty much impossible to guess what stat is gonna get the points.

Hence why I always say, look at the post tame stats, never the pre-tame or after being leveled ones.

5 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Pre tame stats are pretty meaningless, post tame is the important part. For rexes, 10k+ health and 325+ melee is decent, wouldn't breed anything lower

This is a pretty good number to look for on any tamed wild Rex.

58 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Isn't determining that pretty much impossible? Those extra 69 or so points will always get assigned randomly...sure you can make a guess, but it's pretty much impossible to guess what stat is gonna get the points.

Hence why I always say, look at the post tame stats, never the pre-tame or after being leveled ones.

I think he's saying you can calculate post tame points into each stat without a program, but it's obviously more difficult that way. He said "post tame" and "tamed creature", so presumably he's talking about after taming it, figuring out the points without ark smart breeding or something. 

45 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I think he's saying you can calculate post tame points into each stat without a program, but it's obviously more difficult that way. He said "post tame" and "tamed creature", so presumably he's talking about after taming it, figuring out the points without ark smart breeding or something. 

Right, this was my meaning, and it's how smart breeding figures it out

Archived