Getting wyverns

AngryChris73

Me and my friends are curious on how hard getting wyverns are on x2 maturing. We are a 3 man tribe and are curious on info, how hard is it, how much milk we'd need for food and imprinting a medium to high level ones, how hard it is to knock females out for milk, and what we'd need to be prepared. If u could replay that would help, thanks! :Jerbhi:             Ps. We are on Ragnorak 

on ragnarok it should be a walk in the park with 2-3 man. I'll just colesnotes it here for you and you can experience the rest :)

1. current Wyvern and dino AI with the current render distance will make the aggroing of Wyverns unpredictable. Be wary as it can literally seem that they have "spawned on top of you"

2. using a griffin is advised, but totally doable with a pteranodon with enough stamina

3. having access to a wyvern trap will help as you can kite it in and tranq the females there (low lvl poisons are easiest, lvl 15-20 will take around 15-25 tranq arrows off of a primitive xbow)

4. raise anything over 95, as they will have enough food value to allow you to sleep more than 4hours on the first day, assuming you hatched in the morning.

5.1 milk = 1200 food. Raised wyverns consume 360 food an hour. Current food value / 360 = hours you have before it starves.

6. There is a 33% chance, that every 3-4 hours, your wyvern will ask for milk to imprint. If you imprint with milk, it will count as feeding it milk as well.

7. I recommend raising 2 or 3 wyverns at once, as female wyverns will give you 5 milk when tranq'd. 

8. To combat spoilage, always bring preserving salts, and keep your excess milk in a preserving bin with salt. 

Hope this helps!

As for getting the eggs, it is easy. Got one last night, a 165 poison. Not my favorite, but hey, I managed to get it. Landed and the game kinda froze then had mama attack me. I lost 250 hp and managed to get away while my tribe mate got aggro. I went back and got that egg when I got my hp up a little bit.

Just get a ptera with lots of stamina. If you get agro, do a barrel roll away. You can easily outrun a wyvern. Also get them stuck on something a cliff or something once they leave render they tend to stop following from what I heard.

Well, if ur on private and have messed with imprinting and cuddle intervals, then its as easy as you want it to be, which makes this thread irrelevant. But even so, with 3 tribe mates, ans assuming they are trustworthy, you can safely do milk shifts. We are iust two, and we raise 4-5 wyverns at the time. Always on 2x. Can get a bit tiering, but overall, i'd say its quite easy. And we do it on official, where you also have issues with lots of players milking at the same time, griefers who drop aggro on you to escape 3-4 wyverns, and last but not least, lag spikes... these are issues you wont have on private.

On 25/09/2017 at 3:09 AM, AngryChris73 said:

Me and my friends are curious on how hard getting wyverns are on x2 maturing. We are a 3 man tribe and are curious on info, how hard is it, how much milk we'd need for food and imprinting a medium to high level ones, how hard it is to knock females out for milk, and what we'd need to be prepared. If u could replay that would help, thanks! :Jerbhi:             Ps. We are on Ragnorak 

Proper easy on x2 it takes two days and they eat real slow,  done a 180 weekend just gone,,  only did two milk runs,  fed 2 milks the first time,  and three the second,  it was on about 5000 after second milk run and lasted till it finished.

Archived