Perfect Base Location Help!!!!

FistBombEGW2

I am attempting to do the impossible challenge of taming every dinosaur in the game Ark Survival Evolved. To do this, I need the perfect base location. I need a place that is safe and has enough room for me to build my house and several Dino houses. It also needs to be near a ocean area that has many if not all of the ocean creatures. I don"t know if such a place exists, but if one does, you need to tell me about it! Thanks!

(I'm on single player on the island)

Herbivore island if you are on the island. Safe, a good amount of space and an easy to make water pen area. I had built a bridge across to get my dinos back and forth, before that I used a large raft. But that was before the Leeds were introduced. If you don't care about the metal nodes there is plenty of space for dinos. The biggest issue I found was the damned brontos.

literally anywhere on the map is fine if your in SP you have all the map you dont need to make just one base, if its pve  or pvp on officals you will probably struggle to get a decent base spot to start with but its still possible. the challenge isnt impossible just time consuming and somewhat pointless other than an achievement as most of the dinos dont do much or have much or a purpose  other than being egg layers for a kibble tree imo.

some spots are better than others (mainly aesthetics or  resources) but you can make a good base anywhere if all your after is housing, if floor space is an issue there's always up :P 

Just below red Obi is what you're looking for. You can stretch out several large dino bases on the beach/islands there out towards the East end. The ocean area there also has the largest open area for a water base. 

DO NOT build you main base there however. The size of bases you will end up with and amount of Dino's will bring your FPS to a crawl. Trust me, I speak from experience. 

Make these bases for dino storage & breeding only. Then travel back to it when needed. Keep you main base far enough away that it's all in stasis when you're at main. This prevents in from crippling the server the rest of the time. 

Space the bases out a bit so they don't all load at once, and hit backspace when you're there to hide names and HUD. This will double your FPS when in that area.

Hope that helps.

Archived