Primitive + loading time.

NotNotYet

I have started playing on primitive+ and i am already disappointed, every time i want to load the game i need to wait around 15-25 minutes and I have no issues with loading vanilla ark.
On top of that 50% of the explorer notes i picked caused my game to crash, I am really frustrated , is there anything i can do to reduce the loading time?

• 1 month later...

The CPU and GPU don't change anything, it's the disk (well, maybe the CPU, a very-little bit)

It's like 12 minutes on a basic 7200rpm HDD

Which is  H U G E  for a game... Cause yes, WildCard, since it's an "Official" mod, it becomes a part of your game...

And this loading time is totally incredible, for a released game, sold 70€...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problems here with an i7 with SSD.  Half the time it either times out or crashes during loading.  Compounded by the fact I had to close my PGArk due to crashes during loading. Compounded by the fact they seem more interested in scamming more money from DLC and porting to other systems, they release a game that is full of bugs.

Game rapidly turning in to a steaming pile of poope.

At this point, I really don't think they want to fix it. Means less work for them. Judging from their lack of support, I wish there was some other explanation. It really is pathetic. The WC staff are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the developer community, not to mention the public forums all over.

As for loading, just leave the game at the login screen after you log out from your server. It's the only way to cut down on login times. Of course, when there are patches or when it just doesn't like you, game will crash and you have to start from scratch, but it works at least 50% of the time.

Archived