Taming boss rexes

Sorover

Hello survivors

Posting in here because i have been unsuccessful in finding any updated information on the bosses and requirements.

I basically would love some tips about boss rex  stats. We're taming rexes for boss fights as we speak, and we'd love to know what kind of stats are required for the newest iteration of the bosses.

How many points in Melee or Health before they're worth breeding? Minimum? 

Setups and requirements for the different bosses / difficulties?

Tactics for 2-3 people?

Any updated information is highly appreciated, as i can't find any stats or info about boss fights that isn't outdated as heck.

Thank you for your time!

Hey Sorover,

We have successfully killed Gamma Broodmother and Gamma Monkey with roughly 10 rexes. More is better.
The stats you are looking for are roughly 300% melee damage and 10k health for Broodmother.
For the monkey you want 500% melee and 12k+ health.
And saddles! Can't stress this enough, every single dinosaur needs a saddle for damage reduction.

You definiately want to take a piggy along for the passive healing, all stats purely in food.
We also take usually a Yutiranosaur along for the damage and health boost. It's optional but makes the fight faster.

For the dragon we are still looking for a viable setup.
We tried yesterday with the above setup from the monkey fight, but honestly died horribly.
The ticking dot from the firebreath simply destroys your dinosaurs way too fast in our opinion,

We're also a three-man tribe and this worked out for us so far.
Just the dragon man....I honestly think the dot from the breath is overkill for small tribes.

We are going with rexes that are born 11-12k health and 300-400 melee. They are very fast to level until thy are 30k and 600 melee.

This is the setup I have seen answered the most: "What kind of rex I need for boss": answer: 30k 600%. I don't know if that is still true.

our problem is the saddles, haven't found any. We have ascendant for almost all other Dino's but not rexes and argies :)

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

We recently found a mastercraft saddle blueprint with 80+ armor (can't remember the exact number right now), so we're confident that it will be enough for atleast gamma for now. (We're playing on ragnarok, so blueprints come pretty easy when we are farming the Ice queen and the Lava golem)

As for server difficulty, we are playing on a private hosted server, but with all retail settings. Difficulty offset is the same as on a normal Ragnarok with 150 max dinos.

And i too have seen that people want rexes around 30k / 600%, but what i am looking for is not the leveled stats, but the optimal stats for a generation 1 wild tame :-)
As in, how many points into melee is a good newly tamed rex to breed with? Currently our highest melee rex only has 46 points into melee from tame (331% melee i think), and we have no good health rexes yet (all below 8800).

Hope some of you can answer that :-)

Quick question for all you rex breeders...Is it quicker or easier to hatch rexes rather than leveling? I cant seem to wrap my head around breeding at all. 

I've been leveling rexes since week one and I got 11 rexes now at 70K health and between 2K and 3K melee...seems more than enough, and all I had to do was let them sit for the majority and take them out every now and then.. 

Every now and then when I'm out and see a decent level rex I tame it bring it home and continue on with my previous mission...let it sit untill I want to take it out and kill some stuff..then let it sit again. 

Seems easier to me....but I'm a complete noob when it comes to breeding...is breeding easier or faster??? I don't think stats are a concern for me.

10 minutes ago, Mrstcrook69 said:

Quick question for all you rex breeders...Is it quicker or easier to hatch rexes rather than leveling? I cant seem to wrap my head around breeding at all. 

I've been leveling rexes since week one and I got 11 rexes now at 70K health and between 2K and 3K melee...seems more than enough, and all I had to do was let them sit for the majority and take them out every now and then.. 

Every now and then when I'm out and see a decent level rex I tame it bring it home and continue on with my previous mission...let it sit untill I want to take it out and kill some stuff..then let it sit again. 

Seems easier to me....but I'm a complete noob when it comes to breeding...is breeding easier or faster??? I don't think stats are a concern for me.

Long story short breeding gives you a higher base level/stats to work with. Leveling per se is much easier than breeding, but as you can only level up a dino 71 levels (think its 71) eventually you will eventually level off. Therefore a highly bred dino bred for stats would have higher stats once leveled.

70k health and 2-3k mellee !?! What are you feeding those rexs hahaha ? Can I have some. I take it your on an unofficial server rather than official.

11 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Long story short breeding gives you a higher base level/stats to work with. Leveling per se is much easier than breeding, but as you can only level up a dino 71 levels (think its 71) eventually you will eventually level off. Therefore a highly bred dino bred for stats would have higher stats once leveled.

70k health and 2-3k mellee !?! What are you feeding those rexs hahaha ? Can I have some. I take it your on an unofficial server rather than official.

Ya I shouldve mentioned I'm on single player lol...are those stats NOT legit for "official server"leveling????That would suck if I've been cheating this whole time lol.ugh I'm gonna have to go through all the settings again and see what's up. I'm on max difficulty and highest dino count with the single player box unchecked i know that much for sure.

Maybe it's different on single player but my argent is lv290 and has leveled up more than 200 times and his stats are beast. Ive deffinetly leveled up dinos more than 70 times..must be different on single player or I got some setting messed up when I first set them.

I see the logic in higher base stats =higher longterm stats..just seems that the stats I've got will do the trick

I've had a small groups of rexes since pretty much the beginning and just keep adding new ones and taking a small group out every now and then for a good rip around the map. Come home with around 5-15 levels added to each depending on traffic. Take another group out. Rinse and repeat. 

I've never been into breeding. And to be honest I don't want to unless I HAVE to. I'd rather kill stuff and level up my rexes while possibly finding new rexes and notes at the same time. 

Higher difficulty means higher base levels spawning in the world.
The default difficulty offset is supposed to be 1, which results in level 120 mobs on TheIsland and ScorchedEarth and 150 for TheCenter and Ragnarok.

Setting it higher will result in the 290 base level argentavis you have found, as well as having increased drop rewards from supply drops and crates.

4 hours ago, Mrstcrook69 said:

Ya I shouldve mentioned I'm on single player lol...are those stats NOT legit for "official server"leveling????That would suck if I've been cheating this whole time lol.ugh I'm gonna have to go through all the settings again and see what's up. I'm on max difficulty and highest dino count with the single player box unchecked i know that much for sure.

Maybe it's different on single player but my argent is lv290 and has leveled up more than 200 times and his stats are beast. Ive deffinetly leveled up dinos more than 70 times..must be different on single player or I got some setting messed up when I first set them.

I see the logic in higher base stats =higher longterm stats..just seems that the stats I've got will do the trick

I've had a small groups of rexes since pretty much the beginning and just keep adding new ones and taking a small group out every now and then for a good rip around the map. Come home with around 5-15 levels added to each depending on traffic. Take another group out. Rinse and repeat. 

I've never been into breeding. And to be honest I don't want to unless I HAVE to. I'd rather kill stuff and level up my rexes while possibly finding new rexes and notes at the same time. 

People would kill those stats on official. On our legacy server we were hatching out rexs with 14k health and 545% mellee, and with imprinting and leveling getting them to about 30-50k health and about 800% mellee (forgive me if my numbers are off, am a bit rusty here).

To be honest  with the stats on those rexs you would shred most bosses if not all of them very quickly, assuming that the bosses havent scaled up. Only exception being the dragon I think which with its breath weapon doing percentage damage would knock out anything in 4 to 5 breaths regardless of health. 

I have just started playing single player again, with single player setting unticked to have most of the settings as close to official as possible apart from things like increased breeding rates and harvesting etc etc. Havent seen any stats or settings like that. Was the argy lvl 290 when tamed or is that its current level ?

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, Olivar said:

Hey Sorover,

We have successfully killed Gamma Broodmother and Gamma Monkey with roughly 10 rexes. More is better.
The stats you are looking for are roughly 300% melee damage and 10k health for Broodmother.
For the monkey you want 500% melee and 12k+ health.
And saddles! Can't stress this enough, every single dinosaur needs a saddle for damage reduction.

You definiately want to take a piggy along for the passive healing, all stats purely in food.
We also take usually a Yutiranosaur along for the damage and health boost. It's optional but makes the fight faster.

For the dragon we are still looking for a viable setup.
We tried yesterday with the above setup from the monkey fight, but honestly died horribly.
The ticking dot from the firebreath simply destroys your dinosaurs way too fast in our opinion,

We're also a three-man tribe and this worked out for us so far.
Just the dragon man....I honestly think the dot from the breath is overkill for small tribes.

same here but on the dragon I think you will need a couple more player are rexs. are around 600 to 700 melee with 20k health and we don't bring any extra rexs that don't have riders we did it easy but some time it comes down to the wire and I have video to hope this helps

8 hours ago, Mrstcrook69 said:

Single player is scewed towards the player winning easier.  The tames are higher levels and the bosses lower - taking more damage.

We have an unofficial server with max 120 wild dinos and our breeding rexes are currently hatching out at 228 base.  Can't remember the melee but that's a base HP of approx. 9k and we haven't done difficult yet but take 17 rexes with matercraft saddles, a Yuty and 2 Pigs to defeat medium broodmother with no losses and 4 players (well 3 and one guy doubling up to mount the Yuty with his alt account whilst he mounts rex on his main pc).

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

People would kill those stats on official. On our legacy server we were hatching out rexs with 14k health and 545% mellee, and with imprinting and leveling getting them to about 30-50k health and about 800% mellee (forgive me if my numbers are off, am a bit rusty here).

To be honest  with the stats on those rexs you would shred most bosses if not all of them very quickly, assuming that the bosses havent scaled up. Only exception being the dragon I think which with its breath weapon doing percentage damage would knock out anything in 4 to 5 breaths regardless of health. 

I have just started playing single player again, with single player setting unticked to have most of the settings as close to official as possible apart from things like increased breeding rates and harvesting etc etc. Havent seen any stats or settings like that. Was the argy lvl 290 when tamed or is that its current level ?

That sounds about right compared to what I was breeding out right before I gave up.  Hatch at lvl 270 ish - lvl up fairly quickly to 30k hlth and 500 melee with 65% imprint.

17 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ya I have the SP setting unchecked to because i wanted to play as legit as possible but went through all the settings and realized I put tamed dinos up to 2x instead of the usual 1x...ugh and here I was thinking I wasn't cheating and doing awsome...been a long time since I've went through those settings. 

The Argy was around 90ish I think before tame and 290ish now...its my main dino and have had the same one since pretty much month one of console EA...but she's tainted now her whole life is a lie lol. 

Good to know i should be able to destroy some bosses tho...Can't wait to ascend and start SP ragnarok as legit as possible..for real this time around.

12 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Single player is scewed towards the player winning easier.  The tames are higher levels and the bosses lower - taking more damage.

We have an unofficial server with max 120 wild dinos and our breeding rexes are currently hatching out at 228 base.  Can't remember the melee but that's a base HP of approx. 9k and we haven't done difficult yet but take 17 rexes with matercraft saddles, a Yuty and 2 Pigs to defeat medium broodmother with no losses and 4 players (well 3 and one guy doubling up to mount the Yuty with his alt account whilst he mounts rex on his main pc).

Seems like I should have no problems then.. still nervous tho. I honestly might cry if I were to lose all these rexes haha. 

I didn't WANT any special help for playing SP....it was my choice after all... But I didn't realize I messed with the setting during my first month or so..so that idea went out the window...all I can do now is wait till I'm ready for SP ragnarok and do it all over again lol

Archived