Kill all passive tames.

Aristarchus

42 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

Can someone say repurposed server?  Seriously, do you think WC will pay for a server for you to farm/tame on by yourself indefinitely?

No, but again. It's a farm server. Why would we need it to be indefinitely when we can do the same to max pop server in a week with what we have farmed for in the current farm server.. 

Fun fact.. when the server is empty.. defences are pointless. 6 forges on some stone foundations is easy.. takes an hour.. why would we care if they re purpose our forges mate..

Darkelite. It partially is people like you that cause the bigger tribes to focus us solos.. a bit of advice.. put your door back on and move. Then hit them back. They hit your empty building for nothing. More of them than you makes it not in your advantage in some ways.. but.. people like them.. when you trade a few hours for a few of their tames.. their moral gets hurt. When you do it enough.. some will rage quit. And when they do.. the others will too. Simply put. Groups become weak because they are used to numbers. When you lower their numbers.. they often try to get you to join them just so they are safe from you. When you refuse.. they WILL eventually go away :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean...

I like PvP if only for the simple fact that if someone harasses you, you can harass back; meaning, kill the player and/or their offending tames. PvE doesn't have that element, and I hate it.

Dedicated spoils people with their increased rates, and sometimes haughty servermasters...

And SP is just boring without actual people to interact with.

So PvP is my cuppa tea, despite not being a STRONG PvP'er.

For two days, I had been building a base. I'm solo, mind you, so it takes longer for me to get fortified. Got the spiked walls up, working on plants, trying to utilize the 2x to get good working/defense dinos, the like.

People--and I'm assuming the alpha--pass me by, and I don't do anything to bother them. Maybe say hi if they happen to see me. They see my base, and carry on. I've got nothing to possibly provoke them.

Then four of them stop by on wyverns to destroy my 2 and a half days worth of work. It's not a lot, and the loot was lackluster, but it was nothing to cry about. I even told them straight-up; I'm not gonna cry. I didn't even bother to fight back as they killed my tames, then proceeded to kill me.

Point is, build back up or quit. ARK is a trial of meddle, and it'll kick you several times. Kinda like a virtual bootcamp; you either got it and advanced, or you don't, and give up. I've gone through the throes of rebuilding maybe six times; I know I'm probably gonna go back and rebuild...

...Or move servers. Quite honestly, I think they were a tribe of 'If you're not our nationality, you're not playing on this server'-type guys. 

3 hours ago, Jlmaples said:

No, but again. It's a farm server. Why would we need it to be indefinitely when we can do the same to max pop server in a week with what we have farmed for in the current farm server.. 

Fun fact.. when the server is empty.. defences are pointless. 6 forges on some stone foundations is easy.. takes an hour.. why would we care if they re purpose our forges mate..

Darkelite. It partially is people like you that cause the bigger tribes to focus us solos.. a bit of advice.. put your door back on and move. Then hit them back. They hit your empty building for nothing. More of them than you makes it not in your advantage in some ways.. but.. people like them.. when you trade a few hours for a few of their tames.. their moral gets hurt. When you do it enough.. some will rage quit. And when they do.. the others will too. Simply put. Groups become weak because they are used to numbers. When you lower their numbers.. they often try to get you to join them just so they are safe from you. When you refuse.. they WILL eventually go away :)

Sounds like a good long-term strategy

I hope WC is reading this. Maybe it can be the eye-opener to what kind of community their pvp side of their game is making. A bunch of jerks and kids who just wanna stroke their E-peen and build up to be horrible adults (because let's face it, if they think it's okay to be a jerk online, that's not showing enough smarts for me to trust they'll behave differently in real life).

FYI, I wouldn't kill passive tames if I was playing PVP. I'm not a jerk. And for those of you who say 'Oh but you have to or else they can build back up and attack you back!'. To that I say 'so? Let them. Bring it on. It's PvP. Fight me. Let's settle it the way PVP should go. Player versus player.' Just a shame Ark's very grindy nature makes that sort of mentality rare just because it's so hard to build back up discreetly. Bunch of wussy cowardly people who call themselves PVPers spawn as a result as this topic shows.

And stop hating on the PVE mode gosh. You people playing PVP can keep playing PVP. The fact PVE exists and makes you offended just for that reason is completely juvenile and childish.

Unfortunately, this sort of mentality was actually the intention of the developers. I heard in an interview that they built the PVP aspect of this game for people to "kick down sand castles" :D

Just comes to show the humanity in some parts of this world. There is a place for certain people. Anyone with a healthy mind will shy away from this type environment, it just sucks there is no in between.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived