Kill all passive tames.

Aristarchus

21 minutes ago, DanishE said:

How high is this guy?

Dunno, but he's definitely closed minded and unable to play real PVP.

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

What? Ark Is like literally only a pvp game,  even the PvE mode is just a restricted version of pvp where you can still have wars.

Ark is not a Dino ranch building,  farm simulation,  that's the part your missing 

Go read the Steam Page, it's an MMO Survival Sandbox. That's what the devs tagged it as.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Fight bosses for better pvp weapons and structures,  trade for better pvp war dinos or weapon blueprints and help new people to see them get wiped by trolls the next day,  it all sounds like a pvp game to me 

Just because you seem to be utterly obsessed with complete domination, doesn't make Ark a PVP game in the slightest. There are sooooooo many other ways to play, that calling it a PVP game is inaccurate.

10 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Come on everyone hating on the op but what he says is true.  

This is a persistent world pvp game,  anything you leave alive can and will be used against you.  if I see passive Gigas and rexs and brontos I sure as hell ain't gonna leave em alive to come raid me after. 

Also spend that extra ten minutes to drop everything in their Base and destroy all Their crafting stations. Any way to slow them down or make them quit the server is useful.

Too many pve players on the pvp servers,  asking why in chat,  I even saw a guy begging for a griffin back yesterday because the alpha killed it lol,  if your not into full loot persistent world pvp then don't play it.

Fully wipe Any decent sized tribe as they would do the same to you no mercy.  The main reason I raid noobs and kill their tames is just to see them cry in chat and get salty. Usually there is no loot so the tears are your reward.

I had a guy tell me that I made him hate official servers because I killed the 145 ptera he was taming and then killed  his anky lol  good times. 

you get joy out of others misery? what kind of person does that make you? i mean really it takes a terrible person to actually get joy from making others miserable.

i understand the thrill  of combat and victory and all that but joy from just the act of making someone miserable? this is whats wrong with the world today.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, Aristarchus said:

Scrubby players tell people to not kill passive tames. Big mistake. Kill everything, destroy everything, or you risk giving a chance to get back at you to the tribe you just raided.

Wipe everything off the face of the earth. And then laugh in global chat at the wasted weeks the raided tribe spent getting their base and tames up.

Yep that's our tribe philosophy too Destroy everything so then they can't threaten you again. In addition to all dinos and eating the eggs and dumping everything we don't take we also destroy all structures that aren't walls. With my high melee it takes little effort.

Also significant/expensive structures like industrial forges, chem benches, industrial cookers, replicators, generators, auto turrets (2 grenades each), fridges, air conditioners, industrial grills and behemoth gates should always be destroyed. If a base is poorly designed so that you can significantly destroy it or a large chunk of it at a cheap price ie a base built on 3 pillars then we will also do that too. 

When you raid you should aim to make it as painful as possible. Lower their morale, damage their economy and break their spirit to play the game. 

Scrubby players tell people to not kill passive tames. Big mistake. Kill everything, destroy everything, or you risk giving a chance to get back at you to the tribe you just raided.

Wipe everything off the face of the earth. And then laugh in global chat at the wasted weeks the raided tribe spent getting their base and tames up.
Actually this is pretty much the anti-thesis of a smart pvper. A clear example of why this doesnt work just happened on our server.
The quasi-alpha tribe on the server nuked every smaller tribe on the server repeatedly back to stone age. Killing hide armored people and level 15 trikes is neither challenging nor fun. After one week they got bored and started throwing away their stuff they "dont need anymore".

Guess they got "good content", for their cash spent on the game. Sure they wont have 1000+ hours with the game like a lot of us do.

I have seen some strong tribes doing much better since Cross ARK transfers came in. Like dominate the weaker tribes, make them your serfs/thralls/minions however you fancy to name them. You could force them to pay tribute or fight for your cause. Heck you can even gun them down for fun when things get too peaceful.
They will be grateful to be allowed to live. While doing so they provide a controlled enviroment on your server which helps to notice and defend against cross ark raiders in a timely manner. They could do breeding/taming/ for you in exchange for their continued survival.

Sure they will have a chance to "payback" but at least youll keep enjoying the game for a long time.

You know you could be an overlord on your server and fight the "world outside" of your little domain. Of course only if you seek a bit less singular and more complex gaming experience rather than "kill, maim, burn".
ARK is like a rare and fine wine. You can savour its taste or you can put coke in it.

2 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Seriously...why the heck wouldn't you want opposition? Literally what is the point, I don't play pvp, so please enlighten me. It seems to me that a normal human would literally want competition to prove everything they worked for was worthy. You would want the challenge of an equally skilled person to show that you have, in fact, worked for and achieved something. Why wipe people who can barely make a hut? I am all for playing ark how you qant, but this literally sounds like the most lame experience ever. Look at me, I destroyed a raft, that level 7 Bob sure won't come back round these parts again...it's ludicrous. I know I would love to see that Bob rise up and take me down because he'll have earned it... not this petty "we dominate this server" "destroy". It's laughable. Dominating means nothing if you haven't earned it.. and annihilating everything in your path that is beneath you is so.... I dunno, gross. But hey, I'm not a pvp person and thank goodness for that. I am just not blood thirsty enough.

I'm not in a large tribe so I have no ambitions to "own" any server. I just come there to kill and steal. Take what I can dump the rest and then onto the next target. I'm not there for some community building project.

I agree with both sides partially here because yes, raiding is a necessity. It just has to be done in the PVP servers otherwise it will happen to you no doubt about it. Anyone with even the slightest PVP server experience knows that given the chance someone will come and raid you, rarely will you find a tribe bigger than you which are willing to let you grow and contend with them, it just doesn't happen because they just see you as a threat to their base. Lets be realistic who wants to put 1000s of hours into their base and dinos etc... just for the tribe they allowed to grow to come and destroy it all? No one takes that risk? 

I feel that not all passive dinos should be killed. Anything that can be used to come back at you should be killed. But stuff like the Ankylo, Doedi, Beaver, Trike, your utility dinos should be left alive so the tribe can atleast rebuild or take these dinos and move server. Wiping all the way back to square one is not cool. Atleast leave them with something to be able to leave and rebuild with because we still want people to play the game otherwise it becomes boring.

Ark is not a PVP game but there are PVP servers and if you build and play on a PVP server then be prepared to be raided and wiped because very very rarely will you find a fully united server. It is every man for themselves and if you build alliances then great, but there are still people out there that will raid you, they will come from their server to yours to raid, it is something that is unavoidable in the PVP servers. I don't agree with the complete wiping of lesser players but it does happen. People get joy out of destroying everything and there is nothing we can do to change them people. 

On 24/09/2017 at 7:01 AM, Aristarchus said:

That pvp server ^^

19 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

You should probably consider (if you haven't already) posting in the thread devoted to how solo or small tribes can't play ARK.  Apparently they feel that your playstyle is impossible.  Personally I'm glad you're here to prove that is not the case.

It's a ridiculous playstyle because you have to put in A LOT more time and effort to be able to damage any established tribe. The odds of it going wrong are so high. Preparation can go wrong too. You could be out farming for one of your so-called hidden bases and then get spotted by the alpha/alliances. It's very situational and I've done it plenty of times but it gets tiring after losing your 20th+ longneck, full flak, ptera, etc etc. 

On 9/24/2017 at 1:01 AM, Aristarchus said:

i rather not talk about it. Kill the motivation to get back on there feet on the server you are playing in. 

I dont really raid since am not a thief unless you just put your poop without any defense. Some men have a code they follow as i do.  I wont raid you because i think that i can get better loot myself and time wise it would be wort to farm just by myself. I also think that you should treat people like you want to be treated.

But , i will foundation wipe you if you threat the peace of my server. So i get rid of a possible futur treat the loot is just a bonus. Most of the people i play with dont really understand my way of thinking since they think that not killing any tame is good for raid loot. They think that they can use people they raid like a milk cow.

In my 4k hours i have seen terrifying skilled grieffer who would time drop so they can kill something in your server switch for another and alternate in between 10 server were they ad hidden loot. What was even more scary is that when i investigated the name of is survivor 4 alpha tribe were looking for him. Greffing can be accomplish by 1000 millions of way. Anyone that as time and motivation can seriously injure and alpha tribe over time.  You see were they farm metal, you can use this you see were they farm meat use it as well.

Just an exemple i saw one time a dude from an alpha tribe get off is wyvern go into water to farm cristal. So put bear trap all over the cristal but made sure that the cristal would respawn. I was doing something when my trap got a victim but from the global chat i know that he drown. Simple thing like that is grieffing. Do over over and over again will affect the moral of the alpha tribe. 

22 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol no one wipes me I'm a stealth assassin,  I live in 2X1s scattered across the map in the most hidden spots,  I have crafting stations in different areas to quick make rockets and flame arrows on foot,  hidden dodo farms,  and weapons stashed around  underwater vaults. My tribe name changes 6 times a day. If I lose one Base I still have loads more,  pteras dotted around the map tamed on x2 for when I need them.

Plus I never cry in chat if I get killed,  I just re tame rebuild and carry on.

This play style allows me the freedom to do what ever I want, no fear of come back,  I can snipe the alphas tames,  pick then off their dragons and wipe all the little noobie tribes that they try to protect and they can't do nothing,  

That is the spirit of ark pvp,  building a huge Base that takes months but a bronto and giga can walk through it in 5 hours is just stupid unless you have a 30 man international tribe to protect it. The sooner people  learn this the better. 

Change tribe name 6 times a day.....OMG Some people never cease to amaze me how they can waste their life. Try 6 times a day to do something useful and get back with me in a week.

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep that's our tribe philosophy too Destroy everything so then they can't threaten you again. In addition to all dinos and eating the eggs and dumping everything we don't take we also destroy all structures that aren't walls. With my high melee it takes little effort.

Also significant/expensive structures like industrial forges, chem benches, industrial cookers, replicators, generators, auto turrets (2 grenades each), fridges, air conditioners, industrial grills and behemoth gates should always be destroyed. If a base is poorly designed so that you can significantly destroy it or a large chunk of it at a cheap price ie a base built on 3 pillars then we will also do that too. 

When you raid you should aim to make it as painful as possible. Lower their morale, damage their economy and break their spirit to play the game. 

Break their spirit to play the game....Makes sense, then you can play with yourself. I'm sure you like to do that anyway.lol, some peoples kids

A 30 man tribe doesn't help much either friend. People just need to be shown that. On server 274 fire nation believed this would protect them. Killed their Griffen and they retaliate by showing up with 2 other people.. a wyv.. and.. um.. like how that gonna help? I tried to pick a few times and left. They lost Griff.. I lost nothing. Sorry guys.. maybe your 50 man tribe will revive your griffen.. 3 people wouldn't even chase me into the woods because scared I would get them alone. I will change their mindset. I will show them the errors of their ways while using their tames to feed my pteras

12 hours ago, Freeflight said:

SmokeyB is the king of his server with bases and pteras scattered all over the map, and is so cool he gets invited to six tribes a day despite running his mouth in chat.

And yet, he made a thread on the Ragnarok forum asking where to find meat.

Lol,  I never run my mouth I'm chat,  that's for little kids bro, I just laugh to my self at bads like you crying in chat ,  and who said get invited to six tribes a day?  I just change my tribe name six times a day you noob. 

Also about the meat,  try living in the redwoods at the top of the map and doing a decent meat run,  it's a struggle trust me,  the Dinos are way to far apart and there's no decent swamp area to walk the giga through. Only decent meat runs on rag are from a dragon,  I'm a solo player with hidden bases, so easy to mutton tame a giga but long to raise a dragon 

10 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

Seriously...why the heck wouldn't you want opposition? Literally what is the point, I don't play pvp, so please enlighten me. It seems to me that a normal human would literally want competition to prove everything they worked for was worthy. You would want the challenge of an equally skilled person to show that you have, in fact, worked for and achieved something. Why wipe people who can barely make a hut? I am all for playing ark how you qant, but this literally sounds like the most lame experience ever. Look at me, I destroyed a raft, that level 7 Bob sure won't come back round these parts again...it's ludicrous. I know I would love to see that Bob rise up and take me down because he'll have earned it... not this petty "we dominate this server" "destroy". It's laughable. Dominating means nothing if you haven't earned it.. and annihilating everything in your path that is beneath you is so.... I dunno, gross. But hey, I'm not a pvp person and thank goodness for that. I am just not blood thirsty enough.

You can pvp on other servers so it's better to have tour own quiet server to farm on.

6 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I agree with both sides partially here because yes, raiding is a necessity. It just has to be done in the PVP servers otherwise it will happen to you no doubt about it. Anyone with even the slightest PVP server experience knows that given the chance someone will come and raid you, rarely will you find a tribe bigger than you which are willing to let you grow and contend with them, it just doesn't happen because they just see you as a threat to their base. Lets be realistic who wants to put 1000s of hours into their base and dinos etc... just for the tribe they allowed to grow to come and destroy it all? No one takes that risk? 

I feel that not all passive dinos should be killed. Anything that can be used to come back at you should be killed. But stuff like the Ankylo, Doedi, Beaver, Trike, your utility dinos should be left alive so the tribe can atleast rebuild or take these dinos and move server. Wiping all the way back to square one is not cool. Atleast leave them with something to be able to leave and rebuild with because we still want people to play the game otherwise it becomes boring.

Ark is not a PVP game but there are PVP servers and if you build and play on a PVP server then be prepared to be raided and wiped because very very rarely will you find a fully united server. It is every man for themselves and if you build alliances then great, but there are still people out there that will raid you, they will come from their server to yours to raid, it is something that is unavoidable in the PVP servers. I don't agree with the complete wiping of lesser players but it does happen. People get joy out of destroying everything and there is nothing we can do to change them people. 

You can't leave the farming dinos alive as they make it easy for your enemies to farm rockets and bullets to come back at you.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived